Sponsored

2021 JLU Rubicon Engine Misfire (CEL Code - P0302)

JPup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I got the code P0302 after 600 miles. Rides like shit and headed to the Dealer tomorrow after it being that way for over 2 weeks. Thanks to this post I gained some knowledge on this issue. I only get a free rental for 1 day, told them it must be fixed by the end of the day tomorrow because I will not pay for a second day of rental when its a warranty issue. Don't have the energy to argue, praying its just a plug replacement and them all is well. I never had a single issue with my 2014 GC and 2017 JKU. Praying this is just a minor bump with this one!
Sponsored

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
I got the code P0302 after 600 miles. Rides like shit and headed to the Dealer tomorrow after it being that way for over 2 weeks. Thanks to this post I gained some knowledge on this issue. I only get a free rental for 1 day, told them it must be fixed by the end of the day tomorrow because I will not pay for a second day of rental when its a warranty issue. Don't have the energy to argue, praying its just a plug replacement and them all is well. I never had a single issue with my 2014 GC and 2017 JKU. Praying this is just a minor bump with this one!
Contact @JeepCares as ask them to cover you for the rental if the dealer insist you pay the rentals during the repair for an obvious CEL.
No reason you should on the hook for a rental especially this early and well within the warranty period.

JPup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Contact @JeepCares as ask them to cover you for the rental if the dealer insist you pay the rentals during the repair for an obvious CEL.
No reason you should on the hook for a rental especially this early and well within the warranty period.
Right? Makes no sense to me that I would have to pay for a rental!! As it is I am going to a dealer that is further from my house that another one that is just a few miles away, due to not hearing great things about them. I will contact Jeepcares if need be, I just found their #. Thanks for your reply!

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hey y’all. I’m in similar situation right now. Is there any new updates in regards with your jeep?

Beantown

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Manual
Hey y’all. I’m in similar situation right now. Is there any new updates in regards with your jeep?
Not sure which engine you have but my 3.6 Pentastar appears to have been fixed as I put about 2000 miles since the repair.
The valve cover and spark plugs were replaced.

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Not sure which engine you have but my 3.6 Pentastar appears to have been fixed as I put about 2000 miles since the repair.
The valve cover and spark plugs were replaced.
I have the 2.0L turbo charge. Apparently they’re changing a defected valve body and it’s been in the shop more than a week.
Sponsored