plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Oh don't put too much faith in FCA QC or dealer's competence. There was a picture floating a while ago but I can't find it right now, it is basically a JL on dealer lot with two different color freedom top panels, like driver side is yellow and passenger side is red. Even Helen Keller probably can catch that, but somehow it makes way to dealer lot and ready to be delivered.
Sponsored

Robertmkc

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Willys, 2019 JLUS
Despite all of the crap, it's a good looking ride. I absolutely love my Willys... my wife does, too. She's making a case to get her one as well, despite having a year old Compass Trailhawk.

Those Euro fender things... spend an hour, get yourself a nice, sharp box knife and cut them out. The assembly goes back on nicely and covers the fog light wiring pretty well. I took those off and ditched the air dam in the first week. It looks much better now. That plastic cuts like butter with a sharp blade, just be careful to not nick yourself!

CraigEdWood

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JL Firecracker Red
Occupation
Program Director, Brevard Senior Nutrition | Aging Matters in Brevard
I took delivery of a firecracker red 2020 Willys JL 3 weeks ago as a slightly early 51 bday present. I can report I have none of these issues. I do have the hard top but no issue with radio (standard 8 spk not the upgrade. I have no power doors (locks, windows or mirrors).

Only complaint I’ve had is that on 2 occasions After removing the doors my passenger door check strap retracts inside the door in a jammed state. I cannot get it out and have to take to dealer. I’m about ready to leave off but it’s only weeks old and it should work.

Handling! I can confirm what others reported in posts as to the handling getting squirrelly. It’s happened once at 60 mph exiting I-95 under typical breaking on a sweeping ramp. Even more worrying was once at heavy straight-line breaking at 40 mph when at car ran a red light. Both occasions got the wiggles. I know this isn’t unusual on 2 doors and the 2 door Willys even more so. I am at 40 psi on tire which increases degree of difficulty :)

Bottom line is so far I’m very happy. Sorry to hear of your woes. Hope it levels out for you!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2020 JL Willys - Bumpy Start 69823236-A663-4647-B16C-BFCB0F309450

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Oh don't put too much faith in FCA QC or dealer's competence. There was a picture floating a while ago but I can't find it right now, it is basically a JL on dealer lot with two different color freedom top panels, like driver side is yellow and passenger side is red. Even Helen Keller probably can catch that, but somehow it makes way to dealer lot and ready to be delivered.
Maybe it was ordered by Ronald McDonald?

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
not to add another problem to your list, but my Willys did NOT come with the ugly sport bumper with aero infills. And looking at @CraigEdWood 's post above, neither did his. So I looked at Jeep.com, and neither the Willys or Willys Sport has that bumper.

Have them swap that for the right one too! If they'll downgrade your fender for "warranty concerns" (which is complete BS BTW, it's all OEM that would be covered) they should be upgrading you to the correct bumper for the same reason.
Sponsored