First Name
Robert Spinello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet HHR
Occupation
auto sales
2019 JL Sport S I'm ordering this winter.. can't see having plastic rear windows. The Yellow exterior color goes perfect with the black fenders, bumpers & black cloth top. I'll have to see the color on a 2-door before I make my final decision. The Rubicon is cool but the JL will be used primarily to get me to work, and never off road, so the 33" tires and low axle ratio are overkill and to me aren't worth the mileage penalty or the significant price difference.

Sport S 2-Door
3.6L V6 24V Engine
6-Speed Manual Transmission
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
3.45 Axle Gear Ratio
Hellayella Clear Coat
Black Freedom Top 3-Piece Hard Top
Hard Top Headliner
17-Inch Tech Silver Aluminum Wheels
245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires
Cloth Seats - Black Interior Color
Uconnect 3 with 5-Inch Display
Alpine Premium Audio System
SiriusXM Sat Radio
All-Weather Floor Mats
Total Options $3,925
$36,065.00
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yes, you've evidentally thought this through and congrats on your plan-but-

I've seen this comment a lotta times about the RUBICON--"I don't need those LOW GEARS"-

Just remember, the LOW GEARING with the RUBICON, is ONLY IN 4WD/4LO, otherwise, she drives just like a SPORT/SAHARA-

The Diff. gears are a little lower, but-that's notta big deal, no real difference in driving/mileage-

Good luck

W.E.

JIMBO

Jlb27537

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '12 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins
Occupation
Retired
Hello carguy,

I am/was considering ordering almost the same car. However, this is my first Jeep, and probably my only one, being I am going to be 76 yrs young when I order this fall, I am now thinking I will order a Rubi. I will be using it in Colorado, and the thinking of it is better to have it and not need it, over do not have it and need it.

I thought long and hard on the yellow. A neighbor has a yellow 4 door. The longer I look at it the more I like Punkin.

So as of this morning, going with a '19 Punkin Rubi.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
2019 JL Sport S I'm ordering this winter.. can't see having plastic rear windows. The Yellow exterior color goes perfect with the black fenders, bumpers & black cloth top. I'll have to see the color on a 2-door before I make my final decision. The Rubicon is cool but the JL will be used primarily to get me to work, and never off road, so the 33" tires and low axle ratio are overkill and to me aren't worth the mileage penalty or the significant price difference.

Sport S 2-Door
3.6L V6 24V Engine
6-Speed Manual Transmission
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
3.45 Axle Gear Ratio
Hellayella Clear Coat
Black Freedom Top 3-Piece Hard Top
Hard Top Headliner
17-Inch Tech Silver Aluminum Wheels
245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires
Cloth Seats - Black Interior Color
Uconnect 3 with 5-Inch Display
Alpine Premium Audio System
SiriusXM Sat Radio
All-Weather Floor Mats
Total Options $3,925
$36,065.00

Very smart decision. You seem like you have did your homework and came up with the same solution as I did. (only different i got black 4 door - but our thoughts and reasoning were the same). Don't waste your money on something you will never use.

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Very smart decision. You seem like you have did your homework and came up with the same solution as I did. (only different i got black 4 door - but our thoughts and reasoning were the same). Don't waste your money on something you will never use.
Not sure the cost on the sport S but the alpine upgrade on a rubi is 1295 and the infotainment pkg which includes the alpine is 1495, a 200 diff
Sponsored