Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Maybe the dealer didn’t go into detail with “hubby” because from the outside it does not appear “hubby” wears the pants in the family. Just sayin maybe he’s PW.
Sponsored

OP
OP

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW Z4, 2015 Edge (to be replaced by 2019 Sahara UL)
not at all, solidaxle. I'm the person who does the research and does the calculations, and I have a LOT more experience negotiating than he does. He is deciding WHAT he wants, I'm doing the research to make sure what's told to him is legit, and also to make sure the pricing is right. It's a partnership, actually!! I'm an IT, data and information professional in my day job so I have the skills to do the research, but what to buy (and whether to buy) is HIS decision. Also I'm real familiar with forums and he is just learning.

FYI I haven't even been to the dealership, that's all on him.

How is that PW??

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Great forum! We want a 4 door Sahara unlimited with the “free” engine and the sky power roof, and lots of other options. I wasn’t sure how to read the chart above with the different numbers, not sure which ones correspond to the 6 cyl. We may end up going for the 4 cyl, we’re still learning and are pretty new to the Jeep world—but my bs detector started going off when we heard that the only choice was an up charge for the engine. We think dealership was trying to push an off the lot sale and really didn’t want to take an order, which is fine, husband went elsewhere and they said they can order exactly what he wants. We’ll see....

Thanks for info.
This past 10/6, I went to my local dealership "A". Without wasting anytime; I simply noted that I was ordering a '19 JLUR w/ a V6 and 8 speed AT, and asked for their best price. Was told that the V6 was not available to order and the Invoice was their best price. I left within 10 minutes. I back tracked and drove north, some 40 minutes away to the next dealership.

Upon arriving at the next dealership, Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep in Las Vegas, I said the same as at the previous dealership. Within an hour, I was driving home with my POC for a V6/8 speed AT '19 JLUR at 6% under invoice. Currently, at D1 status.

Fortunately, I have quite a few dealerships in my local area, which are some 20 to 30 minutes away from where I live.

bachrubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Rubi 2dr
This past 10/6, I went to my local dealership "A". Without wasting anytime; I simply noted that I was ordering a '19 JLUR w/ a V6 and 8 speed AT, and asked for their best price. Was told that the V6 was not available to order and the Invoice was their best price. I left within 10 minutes. I back tracked and drove north, some 40 minutes away to the next dealership.

Upon arriving at the next dealership, Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep in Las Vegas, I said the same as at the previous dealership. Within an hour, I was driving home with my POC for a V6/8 speed AT '19 JLUR at 6% under invoice. Currently, at D1 status.

Fortunately, I have quite a few dealerships in my local area, which are some 20 to 30 minutes away from where I live.

Same for me in Tennessee. Most dealerships were offering $1K off MSRP or so. Contacted Freeland Jeep and Joseph has me waiting in the next Rubicon 24R (3.6 ess with 8 sp. auto) opening at 5% off invoice. We're the educated ones on this forum...it's just throwing away money if you are not getting at least 5% under invoice.

I do hope the next allotment opens up soon and the 3.6 ess w auto is available. Not looking forward to the belt start generator and the extra expenses that it will entail later.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Same for me in Tennessee. Most dealerships were offering $1K off MSRP or so. Contacted Freeland Jeep and Joseph has me waiting in the next Rubicon 24R (3.6 ess with 8 sp. auto) opening at 5% off invoice. We're the educated ones on this forum...it's just throwing away money if you are not getting at least 5% under invoice.

I do hope the next allotment opens up soon and the 3.6 ess w auto is available. Not looking forward to the belt start generator and the extra expenses that it will entail later.
If not for the sharing of info with respect to buying experiences, I would have paid more for my JLUR. This is a great community here.

Initially, I had restrictions with the steel bumper group and the customer preferred package 24R. Hang in there . . . It will be worth the wait.

Sponsored

OP
OP

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This forum is awesome. I thought getting 1% under invoice (affiliate) was a super deal; now thanks to this forum I've identified a few dealers who are making much better offers, we're deciding which one to go with. Saving $1-2k or more because of this place! Thanks!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This forum is awesome. I thought getting 1% under invoice (affiliate) was a super deal; now thanks to this forum I've identified a few dealers who are making much better offers, we're deciding which one to go with. Saving $1-2k or more because of this place! Thanks!
Check out Criswell Jeep in the DC area. They are offering 6%-below invoice. 7%-below invoice with Tread Lightly or another affiliate.

OP
OP

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, hubby emailed them last night. One board-recommended dealer is doing 4% with affiliate, that's a no-go; we're also talking to someone in VA with nice discount but $699 dealer prep. Criswell may be the best option from what I've read here - THANK YOU to all on this board!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm an IT, data and information professional in my day job so I have the skills to do the research
When your order comes in , better find an actual mechanical expert to put it up on a rack and check the welds , and test drive to check the steering , before you sign and pay before delivery . Mechanical inspection is something real . Don't trust any dealer to disclose any problems . Just sayin' .

OP
OP

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a brand new build? that's a pretty scary indictment of Jeep's QC! Do you recommend this for all custom-ordered builds or only Jeep?

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
On a brand new build? that's a pretty scary indictment of Jeep's QC! Do you recommend this for all custom-ordered builds or only Jeep?
Better review the " Issues and Repairs " threads on this forum . Click forums , and look downwards until you find it . ( 9th category down .) You say you are good at research , so better research the " Issues and Repairs " threads . Especially welds and steering subjects .

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Hopefully, many of the MY18 issues will have been sorted out when the MY19s start to roll out.

OP
OP

erdoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I'm aware of the weld issue because I was researching a specific wrangler in my area and the vin decoder I used gave me a list of recalls for that car - so that was dead. I saw something about electrical issues but didn't focus on them, the weld thing was enough.

the question really is "given the 2019's are brand new there won't be known issues YET for that MY". It becomes random - and can I really refuse delivery of an ordered car if my mechanic says "oh, these welds look funny" and the dealership says "Not in that recall group, our mechanic says they are fine"

Where do you even begin getting suspicious/paranoid about a new MY/custom build?

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
can I really refuse delivery of an ordered car if my mechanic says "oh, these welds look funny" and the dealership says "Not in that recall group, our mechanic says they are fine"
Refuse delivery by not-signing and not-paying .

That's why you want your own mechanic inspecting , and that's why you never-sign and never-pay until after your own mechanic has inspected , and you then decide to walk away .

You will also want your own mechanic to test drive to check the steering .

Never sign and never pay until you inspect and you decide .
Sponsored

Last edited: