Sponsored

2 Problems at once: Blue Screen & Audio Skips

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I took the door off this afternoon for the first time (heck I'm a new jeep owner so everything's a first) and enjoyed a nice drive - and not to the mall. to Starbucks.

My son just called and asked for a school pick up. I jumped in the Jeep, put it in reverse and to my surprise I got the blue screen of death. (and it's not a windows pc).

At the same time I also noticed the sound wasn't working. So I hit AM (something I'm unfortunately used to) now the sound goes on and off (sounds like a broken record). So music plays for a few seconds, then mutes for a second or two, then plays.....

WTF???

Anyone else run into this and have some work arounds/cures?
I have it sitting in the garage hoping that everything is magically normal again tomorrow.

PS.....On thing I think happens, when I get in a cold jeep and start up and quickly put in reverse and take off, I get the sound problem (AM always cured in the past). I don't think I've ever had the problem when taking my time.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I took the door off this afternoon for the first time (heck I'm a new jeep owner so everything's a first) and enjoyed a nice drive - and not to the mall. to Starbucks.

My son just called and asked for a school pick up. I jumped in the Jeep, put it in reverse and to my surprise I got the blue screen of death. (and it's not a windows pc).

At the same time I also noticed the sound wasn't working. So I hit AM (something I'm unfortunately used to) now the sound goes on and off (sounds like a broken record). So music plays for a few seconds, then mutes for a second or two, then plays.....

WTF???

I have it sitting in the garage hoping that everything is magically normal again tomorrow.

PS.....On thing I think happens, when I get in a cold jeep and start up and quickly put in reverse and take off, I get the sound problem (AM always cured in the past). I don't think I've ever had the problem when taking my time.
It’s a common thing pages and pages of threads on this issue...

OP
OP

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a common thing pages and pages of threads on this issue...
Maybe I wasn't clear..... COuldn't find any specifics showing both problems or a fix for BSD.
that said, I went out later today and all is working again.

thanks for the help.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Maybe I wasn't clear..... COuldn't find any specifics showing both problems or a fix for BSD.
that said, I went out later today and all is working again.

thanks for the help.
there is actually a new software update out (May-15th for me) on the Uconnect site (provide your vin) that you can download yourself and flash, and it specifies to fix blue screen and audio/radio issues.

OP
OP

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
there is actually a new software update out (May-15th for me) on the Uconnect site (provide your vin) that you can download yourself and flash, and it specifies to fix blue screen and audio/radio issues.
@Arterius2 awesome to hear, but i went to drive Uconnect.com, but it doesn’t Show an update for my VIN. Where did you see yours? Thanks

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
@Arterius2 awesome to hear, but i went to drive Uconnect.com, but it doesn’t Show an update for my VIN. Where did you see yours? Thanks
I can do a screen capture when I get home, (will be a while though) giant download- 9.3GB! I’m planning to install it tonight, have it downloaded earlier today, I think they may be releasing the update in batches according to vehicle manufacture date, mine just barely made the cut, it says for wranglers on or before August 7 2018, mine was built on August 7th, haha.

The update specifically mentions blue screen of death and intermittent audio issues.

OP
OP

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I can do a screen capture when I get home, (will be a while though) giant download- 9.3GB! I’m planning to install it tonight, have it downloaded earlier today, I think they may be releasing the update in batches according to vehicle manufacture date, mine just barely made the cut, it says for wranglers on or before August 7 2018, mine was built on August 7th, haha.

The update specifically mentions blue screen of death and intermittent audio issues.
Mines 2019. Luck me. :(
Again many thanks.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Mines 2019. Luck me. :(
Again many thanks.
@ekohn00
Appears to be a software issue, I did a harness replacement earlier at the dealer and didn’t fix it. Just sit it out and leave it for the night, the problem usually fixes itself in the morning!

I also have radio issue, dealer said it’s my reception, but hopefully the update resolved that too.

Oh yea also open your fuse box and push down on all your fuses to make sure they are seated properly.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE

WTF???

Are you using an iPhone?

If you are you need to unlock it before starting the rig. Doesn't matter if you plug it into the USB or not.