2 Part Question

NotEnufToys

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laredo
Anyone regret using JLU as daily driver? Always had full size pu's. Last Jeep was a '62 Willy's fully lifted with 35's and it drove like a tank. Any idea when will 2020's hit the dealers?

Thanks in advance, love this forum..
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Anyone regret using JLU as daily driver? Always had full size pu's. Last Jeep was a '62 Willy's fully lifted with 35's and it drove like a tank. Any idea when will 2020's hit the dealers?

Thanks in advance, love this forum..
I only own Jeeps. A 17JKU and a 19 JL. Both daily drivers and both ride better than my 04 TJ. Of course the JL is the smoothest of all 3:like:

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
My daily drive for 23 years was a Ram 1500 4x4. Now it's a 2 door Wrangler. Zero regrets. Obviously smaller, easier to park etc.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I *love* DDing my JLR! I have the doors off (have trail doors) and windows out all the time. I have a Spiderweb shade that stays in permanently, and will put the top in safari mode when it’s hot. All that to say that even though it’s louder and hotter (102* today), it’s sooooooo much fun! I couldn’t drive anything normal and boring. It is a bit more challenging when running errands, but the tailgate lockbox helps a lot. I just have to plan a bit.

So yes, not as quiet, refined, or convenient, but it’s a blast and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sponsored

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
We have a 2018 JLUR, a 2019 Grand Cherokee Summit and a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite. Of these three I enjoy driving the JLUR the most, as long as it's not highway driving. On the highway the Grand Cherokee Summit is the clear winner. The vehicles I had before the Jeeps were a 2011 BMW X3 and before that a 2003 Porsche Cayenne S. Driving the JLUR is something of an occasion as it's the grownups equivalent of a Tonka Toy truck I played with as a child, its the anecdote to the transportation appliances that are becoming the norm in todays world. It's designed for enthusiasts, if you're not an enthusiast I wouldn't buy a JLUR.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Dan, like you I had always had full size pickups. I looked at how I was using the truck, and if a Jeep could do everything I needed. I was only using my truck as a weekend warrior to Lowes, so yes a Jeep can do that for me. I don't miss the pickups, but I did have some concerns about "what would I do If". I'm sure you understand. Being retired I'm one that likes to have a project to keep me out of my wife's hair, so I found a little '92 Toyota pickup. That quashes both of my concerns. Good luck on your decision.

Oh, and I'm not sure when the 2020's will hit the lots. I think the order banks are open to special orders. Of course the closer the 2020's get to hitting the lots the better the discounts will be on the 2019's. I don't think there is a ton of difference between the two.

Last edited:

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
Yep, got the Jeep, I have a covered and uncovered trailer and a 91 Toyota pickup....problem for hauling is solved (never tow anything too heavy). The truck is for Lowe's and hunting. The Jeep is for camping and adventures,weekends and evenings rides. The wife and kids are excited always to go in the Jeep and it makes every ride an adventure. Love it. And yes I had a full size Chevy,tundra, and most recently a 2017 Tacoma....but I just wanted to be in a Jeep again. It was a good choice

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you want a boring DD don't get the Jeep, but if you want a DD that engages your soul, by all means the JL is the ticket!

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If you want a boring DD don't get the Jeep, but if you want a DD that engages your soul, by all means the JL is the ticket!
That's a good way to put it Brad. The wife, and I have owned a couple "blahmobiles" in our time out of necessity. And yes they got you from A to B easily. But, that's all they did. When necessity wasn't an issue anymore we said no more "blahmobiles". We now have my Jeep, her Mustang GT, and our Corvette. All are more than just A to B vehicles, they are good for the soul. And a ride in either is the best blood pressure medicine known to man....and woman. :)
Sponsored