Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Well duh, I can't seem to wrap my old mind around the engagement of the Part Time 4wd. Of course the shifter doesn't say PT anywhere on it, it just shows 4H. How do I put it into 4wd PT? Yeah, I'm still a newbie on a lot of stuff about my first Jeep. TIA for helping.
Sponsored

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Well duh, I can't seem to wrap my old mind around the engagement of the Part Time 4wd. Of course the shifter doesn't say PT anywhere on it, it just shows 4H. How do I put it into 4wd PT? Yeah, I'm still a newbie on a lot of stuff about my first Jeep. TIA for helping.
do you have a 5 position transfer case or 4 ?

961A6CB6-FF75-4EE9-86EB-E78DDC8A5AE9.jpeg

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
4H is part time, unless you have SelecTrac in which case the shifter says 4H Auto and 4H Part Time.

Sponsored

garkoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Get your export Rubicon outta here, those kinds of pictures just confuse the rest of us :CWL: I want SelecTrac with lockers and sway bar disconnect!!!
you're just jealous :CWL: just a side question how hard is it for people in the us to import one ?

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
4H is part time, unless you have SelecTrac in which case the shifter says 4H Auto and 4H Part Time.
Well there you have it Rob, thanks for that. I read, and re-read the OM section on 4wd several times. Of course it doesn't explain it in those easy to understand words. I'm just a simple man.........:):like:

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
I didn't notice the 4wd differences until after I ordered my 2020 Rubicon. My daily drive would be much better with a Select-Trac. Is there any way to retro a US Rubi (2020) to be like the UK version? Why did I order a Rubi? I liked the look and feel of it, just missed this minor part of full/part time setup. Thanks and sorry for the partial thread hijack.....
Sponsored