Sponsored

2.0T Burning smell when accelerating uphill

Pricey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey all,

I have a 2020 JLUR with around 7000km, first oil change around 5k. From new, when accelerating uphill I notice a slight burning smell that soon fades when back on flat or after easing off. When it was new I put it down to it burning off production oils, I don’t notice it every time but at 7k I wouldn’t expect to still smell this. Any ideas?

I live a ways from the dealer so i haven’t taken it in.

Cheers
Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Hey all,

I have a 2020 JLUR with around 7000km, first oil change around 5k. From new, when accelerating uphill I notice a slight burning smell that soon fades when back on flat or after easing off. When it was new I put it down to it burning off production oils, I don’t notice it every time but at 7k I wouldn’t expect to still smell this. Any ideas?

I live a ways from the dealer so i haven’t taken it in.

Cheers
Does this happen while you are passing diesel and V6 wranglers at altitude? Could be them ;) If not, guessing turbo fan.

SIGP2101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2021 Rubicon 2.0T
Don't worry, I have 2006 SAAB 2.0 Turbo and she still smells burning when making turbo work.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Plasticky parts tags on everything under the Jeep, to include the cats, has been know to cause this sometimes. Until they melt off or are pulled off anyway.

srewos

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2dr Rubicon 2.0
I found this thread while investigating a strong oil and burning rubber smell coming through the vents of my JLR 2.0. I found another thread over on irv2.com that explained the accumulation of oil and rubber from the road during flat towing that later gets burned off when you first drive your jeep. In my case I flat towed my Jeep (with 10,000 miles on it) from AZ to Santa Barbara. Don't flat tow often, never had any issue with the jeep. Jumped in the jeep after arrival in SB and strong oil/burning rubber coming through the vents and also on the coming from the jeep when I parked it while still hot. Same thing happened after the trip back to AZ. Couple of drives later and thankfully the smell is gone; burnt off.
Sponsored