Engine Burning Smell

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've searched the forum and what was returned didn't really match up with what I'm experiencing. I've had my 2020 JLU since December and have only put a tad over 3k miles on it. Since the day I took delivery, after driving at operating temp for a while, once shut down I can smell a burning smell coming from the engine compartment. It almost smells like plastic it burning. It doesn't come through my vents or anything ( although my HVAC system is another issue) so I don't think it is a HVAC problem. Any one else have this?
Sponsored

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've searched the forum and what was returned didn't really match up with what I'm experiencing. I've had my 2020 JLU since December and have only put a tad over 3k miles on it. Since the day I took delivery, after driving at operating temp for a while, once shut down I can smell a burning smell coming from the engine compartment. It almost smells like plastic it burning. It doesn't come through my vents or anything ( although my HVAC system is another issue) so I don't think it is a HVAC problem. Any one else have this?
I'm just shy of 3k and I've noticed it too.
My ride's smell has dissipated over time. It's that new engine break-in smell I believe, so i'm not overly concerned.
If it's really bad, a trip to the dealership wouldn't hurt.
Also, whats up with your HVAC?

OP
OP
Impy5

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I'm just shy of 3k and I've noticed it too.
My ride's smell has dissipated over time. It's that new engine break-in smell I believe, so i'm not overly concerned.
If it's really bad, a trip to the dealership wouldn't hurt.
Also, whats up with your HVAC?
Good to know, maybe mine just needs a few more miles on it. With this quarantine I think I've only driven it less than 1k miles in two months. HVAC is maybe the worst I've had in a Jeep vehicle. When the heat is on the front facing passenger and rear vents will blow cool air after 20 minutes no matter what temp it is set to. The drive side will do the same if the fan is on low. In order to get hot air for the heat the temp control has to be over 78 degrees or it will blow cold. For AC it has to be set below 64 or it will blow warm or hot air. The dealer "reprogrammed" the blend door/ HVAC software in February just before all of this quarantine stuff happened, I need to bring it back but I know there are more important things going on right now.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
I noticed it too and mine dissipated after several thousand miles from new.
Sponsored