Sponsored

2.0 turbo vs Pentastar V6

Lizeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 nissan 240sx
I had both when I bought another I chose the 3.6 no etorque

Main reason because I plan to keep it long term and turbo engines are a pain compared to all motor

But if I may recommend something get the 6.4 392 😈😈
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I have a 2.0 non etorque and just passed 45000 km, not a single hickup and I’ve crossed snowy mountain passes, went dune bashing in the Sahara for a week straight, with the only asphalt trips being petrol and beer runs and also been on the autobahn pacing 100mph for hours and not a single hickup. I think you only tend to hear from people who have had troubles, so i thought I’d chime in with some positives too.

The Jeep is no rocketship but the turbo sure helps to put the peak torque down low and feed the engine plenty oxygen when you reach higher altitudes.

It’s an impressive power plant for sure, time will tell if I’ll change my mind (fingers crossed i won’t) but so far everything tip top.
100mph would be challenging and certainly not something with hours of range.

When we lived in Germany even a Audi Q5 Diesel at 100mph (170km/h) could not run at those speeds for over 3.5 hours without needing a fuel stop.

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
100mph would be challenging and certainly not something with hours of range.

When we lived in Germany even a Audi Q5 Diesel at 100mph (170km/h) could not run at those speeds for over 3.5 hours without needing a fuel stop.
100mph = 160km/h.

Sounds like you didn’t make use of the autobahns when you could mate, besides who said i didn’t stop for fuel 😉

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
100mph = 160km/h.

Sounds like you didn’t make use of the autobahns when you could mate, besides who said i didn’t stop for fuel 😉
Oh it was a lot of fun; but my wife gets nervous around 220 km/hr so we would long distance cruise around 200. We crossed Germany many times and up into Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Czech, Poland, etc. Living in Europe was awesome; and that Diesel Q5 was a great way to explore.

What sort of fuel consumption do you get at 100mph in the JL? It must not be so nice with todays prices ;)

Sponsored

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
i'm think of a 4 door Willys. They have the 2.0 and a 6 on the lot. I liked the 2.0 power delivery better. Why would the 6 be more expensive?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Buy what you want that feels good to you. If you listen to people here you will get 100 different personal opinions.
Either one is a good buy.

CapeArt

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S, Porsche 987S, MazdaSpeed Miata
i'm think of a 4 door Willys. They have the 2.0 and a 6 on the lot. I liked the 2.0 power delivery better. Why would the 6 be more expensive?
How do you like your 4Runner? I just took one (a rental) on a 1200-mile trip and was impressed. It felt very good, very solid.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
How do you like your 4Runner? I just took one (a rental) on a 1200-mile trip and was impressed. It felt very good, very solid.
I've had numerous JK's and all of them had problems. I've had two 4 Runners and not a single problem. Not sure if I want to jump back into the Jeep world again.
Sponsored