First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
Contractor
I just dropped off my jeep this morning for the 3rd time for the same problem. #1 towed in April 5, 2021 received on April 8th. Diagnosis: U0002 vehicle has can c performance issue 91 dtc's. Repaired a frayed wire that was making contact with body #2 towed in on May 26, 2021 received back June 25, 2021, Diagnosis: U0422-00 implausible data received from body control module, P057C-brake pedal position sensor circuit low, U12A8-lost communication with master cylinder pressure sensor, U0125-lost communication with Dynamics sensor. Replaced anti-lock brake module/control. #3 dropped off this morning @ 7am. still having the same problems since first contact in April. My warning lights(abs, service engine soon, service shifter, service 4wd, sway bar disconnect, blind spot alert temporarily unavailable, traction control, auto park disabled, stop/start system unavailable. I place vehicle in park, and it locks the shifter. Vehicle is still under manufactures warranty. No vehicle modifications, no off road use, except for the Chicago city streets. I have lost the sense of reliability with this Jeep,. I believe this jeep has various undiagnosed manufacturer defects in the wiring. Please help
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
If you have ESS, non etorque, this sounds like a bad 12v auxiliary battery. This has happened to a lot of Jeeps over the last few years. 1st it starts with multiple warning lights from different electrical systems, which is too much of a coincidence. Eventually, it escalates to being stranded somewhere.

Insist that the dealer does a load test on both batteries. Both need to be completely disconnected from the Jeep to do so. These JL's are extremely sensitive to needing a very strong set of batteries. Even if one of them is still considered good and passes the load test, it may not be good enough. Again, the JL's need very good, not just good enough batteries. Also, if one of the batteries tests out weaker than the other, further Insist that both are replaced. A strong battery won't last as long, after being leaned on by a weaker one, which can possibly lead to you facing the same issue down the line.

OP
OP
Anieves72

Anieves72

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
Contractor
If you have ESS, non etorque, this sounds like a bad 12v auxiliary battery. This has happened to a lot of Jeeps over the last few years. 1st it starts with multiple warning lights from different electrical systems, which is too much of a coincidence. Eventually, it escalates to being stranded somewhere.

Insist that the dealer does a load test on both batteries. Both need to be completely disconnected from the Jeep to do so. These JL's are extremely sensitive to needing a very strong set of batteries. Even if one of them is still considered good and passes the load test, it may not be good enough. Again, the JL's need very good, not just good enough batteries. Also, if one of the batteries tests out weaker than the other, further Insist that both are replaced. A strong battery won't last as long, after being leaned on by a weaker one, which can possibly lead to you facing the same
issue down the line.
Thank you, I'll call them on Monday

Wesley16

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thank you, I'll call them on Monday
I have been having the exact same issue for months; dealer is hopeless. Has anyone ever successfully resolved this? Any info would be massively appreciated !!
Sponsored