1 1/2" coil spring questions

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
I had steel bumpers and a winch installed on my2022 Rubicon w/XR package. Now the front is within an 1/4" of sitting on the bump stops. Will the 1 1/2" coil springs put me back to my stock ride height of 1 1/2" lift? I feel this would be a better option than adding spacers.
thanks
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had steel bumpers and a winch installed on my2022 Rubicon w/XR package. Now the front is within an 1/4" of sitting on the bump stops. Will the 1 1/2" coil springs put me back to my stock ride height of 1 1/2" lift? I feel this would be a better option than adding spacers.
thanks
Hello, sorry I did not see this sooner. The 1.5" coils are designed to provide 1.5" over stock height, so you would gain some height back and then some. Our coils are also designed with steel bumpers and a winch already taken into account so you don't lose any height from these accessories!

OP
OP
verapx

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello, sorry I did not see this sooner. The 1.5" coils are designed to provide 1.5" over stock height, so you would gain some height back and then some. Our coils are also designed with steel bumpers and a winch already taken into account so you don't lose any height from these accessories!
Thanks but I purchased your 2.5" overland lift setup with Fox shocks and it works great. I'm glad I did because I will be putting 37's on it soon.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks but I purchased your 2.5" overland lift setup with Fox shocks and it works great. I'm glad I did because I will be putting 37's on it soon.
Happy to hear!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That's why I'm pretty sure I'm getting Clayton. I'm still back and forth with Clayton and Metalcloak but usually lean towards Clayton. The bigger struggle for me is 2.5" or 3.5" on my JLUR with my 37s. I've read Clayton team post that 2.5" is good for 37s and 3.5" for up to 40s. I just don't want the bumpstop clearance issue the OP is having if I only go 2.5", I'd like the uptravel if possible.

Now I just have to save some money and wait for the Clayton 10% off with free shipping sale!
You shouldn't have any clearance issues with the bump stops! Our kits all come with the appropriate size extensions based on the tire size they are designed to run. The OP was actually having issues originally with stock suspension. Give us a call if you need any help or have any other questions!

Sponsored

OP
OP
verapx

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the EXACT setup I'm looking to do! Take pictures and share when done! I'm curious how much space there is for up travel with the 2.5". My wheels should be coming from Discount Tire next week.
The lift has been on for since July and works great. I have a little more than 2" between the front bumpstops now. Took the JL to Colorado and it worked great with no issues.

Retired Jeeper

First Name
Dwain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grand Cherokee, 2014 JKUR, 1967 CJ-5
Pardon my confusion. The XR package supposedly comes with 1.5" lift so I'm not understanding how a different 1.5" lift will make that much difference. I realize that the Clayton springs may be a bit different in terms of supporting the steel bumpers and winch, but wouldn't a 2.5" or 3.5" lift work better for 37's?
Sponsored