Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
My 2018 Rubicon appears to have the same steering wheel as my wife’s 2016 Grand Cherokee. She has heated steering wheel.

wonder if my steering wheel is wired and has the heating element in the wheel. If so wouldn’t we only need to put in control switch to make it functional

As I’m getting older it makes these creature comfort nice.
Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
My 2018 Rubicon appears to have the same steering wheel as my wife’s 2016 Grand Cherokee. She has heated steering wheel.

wonder if my steering wheel is wired and has the heating element in the wheel. If so wouldn’t we only need to put in control switch to make it functional

As I’m getting older it makes these creature comfort nice.
This is a hot subject

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Speaking from the point of view of working for an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) I would doubt that you steering wheel would be “Heater ready” if you will. They may look the same but not have the same physical makeup (not all the same components).

In the auto industry fractions of a penny add up very quickly and dealing with high volume builds of vehicles and then the related high volume purchasing power of FCA, it would be very unlikely that they would pay a manufacturer for a “heater ready” steering wheel that is not an option for the given build.

With that said. I have the heated steering wheel on my ‘20 Sahara. VERY NICE!!!!

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I doubt the heating element is pre-installed. You’d also need some kind of computer re-flash since the on/off “switch” a function of the uconnect screen

Sponsored

OP
OP
NCIC105

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Speaking from the point of view of working for an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) I would doubt that you steering wheel would be “Heater ready” if you will. They may look the same but not have the same physical makeup (not all the same components).

In the auto industry fractions of a penny add up very quickly and dealing with high volume builds of vehicles and then the related high volume purchasing power of FCA, it would be very unlikely that they would pay a manufacturer for a “heater ready” steering wheel that is not an option for the given build.

With that said. I have the heated steering wheel on my ‘20 Sahara. VERY NICE!!!!
Thank you for the info..