Rear Top Removal Only?

Pogoda

First Name
Rob & Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins; 2001 Ram 2500 5.9 diesel
Can the rear portion be removed without taking off the front?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pogoda

First Name
Rob & Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins; 2001 Ram 2500 5.9 diesel

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks so much for the info. Great forum. Very excited to be ordering next month.

ks
Welcome to The Club... always accepting new members. It seems like you've already done some research here. This is the best resource for information, how-to, aftermarket parts, dumb questions, you name it.

When you bring her home...one thing > > >

pics.gif

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
Welcome to The Club... always accepting new members. It seems like you've already done some research here. This is the best resource for information, how-to, aftermarket parts, dumb questions, you name it.

When you bring her home...one thing > > >

pics.gif
I’m probably 3 weeks out from delivery and I’ve learned a ton so far. A lot of great members with valuable knowledge. Already spent 3k, the bug has hit hard lol. And it’s my wife’s jeep....

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I’m probably 3 weeks out from delivery and I’ve learned a ton so far. A lot of great members with valuable knowledge. Already spent 3k, the bug has hit hard lol. And it’s my wife’s jeep....
Keep right on making hers good. Then it'll be smoother when it's time to order your own.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I bought my wife a jeep last spring. She became very possessive of it and balked at sharing it with me. Hehehehehe

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep right on making hers good. Then it'll be smoother when it's time to order your own.
I have an 08 avalanche (special ordered in oct. 07) and only have 52k miles on it (have a work vehicle I drive everyday). I’ll probably have that “slut” (sport luxury utility truck) until the wheels fall off. Although, when I saw the gladiator it was the first time I actually pondered moving on. We are definitely excited for the JL. My wife and I both started with Jeeps. I had a 97 xj and she had an 03 liberty. She’s been wanting a wrangler for as long as I’ve known her.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought my wife a jeep last spring. She became very possessive of it and balked at sharing it with me. Hehehehehe
She loves driving my truck so I may be able to steal it from her on my days off lol. I’ll have to be careful with using the “I gotta change your” oil excuse to many times.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife never cared about the car she drove, so I always bought her Outbacks , as they are the perfect vehicle for Vermont. When I came home with the Jeep and gave it to her ,her attitude took a 180. She said it put a smile on her face every time she got in. Youre going to have to buy one for yourself, its inevitable.
She has a longish commute to work and is coming from a limited explorer. I’m curious how she will enjoy the wranglers ride. Will be on the Mopar lift with fox shocks and 35 ko2s so we will see how she enjoys it.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I thought the Jeep was mine since our Infiniti G is her car, but it's pretty much her DD as I schlub along in my 93 Toyota truck lol.
But I do get to drive it every minute on our 12 hour drives :)

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Can the rear portion be removed without taking off the front?
Just to clarify for anyone reading not in the know, you will have to remove the freedom panels first to remove the rear portion of the top but than you most certainly can put the freedom panels back on for cover of the front two seats.

Something to keep in mind, although I am not sure on this JL top because I have a soft top now but when I had my JK with a hardtop the freedom panels had a plastic spacer on the back of the panel that rotated down to help keep it tight and from vibrating because it didn’t have the rear portion of the top to sit on. Without the spacer down the spin locks on the freedom panels were just a bit long. Can anyone confirm there is still a rotating spacer on the new panels as well?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify for anyone reading not in the know, you will have to remove the freedom panels first to remove the rear portion of the top but than you most certainly can put the freedom panels back on for cover of the front two seats.

Something to keep in mind, although I am not sure on this JL top because I have a soft top now but when I had my JK with a hardtop the freedom panels had a plastic spacer on the back of the panel that rotated down to help keep it tight and from vibrating because it didn’t have the rear portion of the top to sit on. Without the spacer down the spin locks on the freedom panels were just a bit long. Can anyone confirm there is still a rotating spacer on the new panels as well?
You don't have to remove the panels to take the top off. They only have to be unlocked to slide them forward a bit for clearance. It can be argued that unlocking is the same as removing, but I've kept them on loosely to remove the top. I don't know what you mean by a 'rotating spacer,' but it's possible to keep the freedom panels on without the top without any vibration. There's nothing other than the locking tabs.
Sponsored