First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Again many thanks for all the tips! Had my consult st Wilson's 4x4 and basically with aligned tires and it's current setup..... (drum roll) it drives like a lifted jeep... lol. So yes I know what all I need to add if I want to make the steering more to my liking... out if all of my jeeps this one has the most lift so maybe I'm just not a 3 inch lift girl. I do drive fast on the highway.... so decisions have been made and I'm just going to get a 2020 2 door black rubi and start all over!

I mean.... that IS the most fun way to handle this issue!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
What I was going to add....
Teraflex kit with upper and lower control arms.... front heavy duty front track bar and skyjacker rear control track bar.

I will most likely do all of this to the new jeep!

Let me know how it goes and what you end up doing with it. We are most likely going to be doing the mopar kit to my girlfriend's 20 in a few months and I rather just add the new lca's front trac bar and rear relocation bracket all at the same time instead of back and forths with the alignment if I put them on after they install the lift

ff1899

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ram 1500 2019 wrangler moab
What I was going to add....
Teraflex kit with upper and lower control arms.... front heavy duty front track bar and skyjacker rear control track bar.

I will most likely do all of this to the new jeep!
Sound about right I was thinking rk lowers and front trac bar then the rear relocation just to push come caster out front for the steering and the bar and bracket to stop the back from jumping and line up the tires. She wont be doing much off road and have to skip out on the full rk kit because you cant run stock rims and tires which she will be doing in the winter. Hopefully it gets the ride right for you and I can have some answers so there isnt the piece at a time game

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
FWIW.....
I know there will are some that do not speak highly of the Mopar Lift but here is a write up of my MOPAR kit that WORKS and what I have installed. I started on 35x12.50r20's but now have 37x13.50r17's. Ride is good for a 37x13.50 AGGRESSIVE mud tire, NO excessive spring BOW and the RK rear spring pads worked really good for better leveling since I am going to be carrying some extra weight in the back. The lift added just a hair over 3" of true lift over stock (not counting tires).

Starting with the MOPAR lift here is a list of components from various sources/vendors along with actual costs (including tax and shipping when applicable). I did my own installation since this is a pretty straight forward "bolt on" project. My plan was to start with the Mopar 2 inch kit and upgrade or add components that I feel "fix" the areas that Mopar didn't get quite right. Of course this is only MY idea of what will work best based on past experience and a LOT of research on the Mopar kit. Besides the crate is really COOL :rock:

• Mopar JLU 3.6L 2" Lift Kit Part #77072395AC "Baseline kit for the project" Comes in a COOL crate! Sourced on EBAY from seller (everydodgepart) Cost $1,099
  • Fox Factory Race Series 2.0 Performance ATS Steering Stabilizer part #983-02-148. Overkill but sourced on EBAY as NEW unused item out of box from individual for a GREAT price. Cost $265
  • Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #RK06705K. Replacement for Mopar Pads that still seem to be poor quality even in the AC kit. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $28.50 with JLWF Discount :clap:
  • Rock Krawler Rear Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #06840 Replacements for Mopar pads. Not sure if they are needed but good insurance IMO. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $16.15 with JLWF Discount :like:
  • Rock Krawler JL Front Adjustable Track Bar Part #RK06187. Replace stock non-adjustable to correctly center axle. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $182.75 with JLWF Discount :)
  • Rock Krawler JL Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Part #RK06718K. To correct rear geometry for better highway handling and overall performance. Note: I may go with the Rock Krawler rear adjustable Track Bar at a later time "if" I am not happy with the stock bar ride quality. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $84.14 with JLWF Discount :rock:
The total investment for this suspension build was around $1,675 with the upgrade stabilizer. It could be done for $1,410 without. Not bad for starting with the Mopar Kit which gives you Fox Shocks and did I mention a COOL crate :LOL: By adding the few upgrades this ends up being a good affordable lift. Sure there are BETTER lifts available but I seriously doubt a more "complete" kit could be done for the same money.

We have had it out a few times since the install and according to the wife the lift WORKS GREAT! I'm just the spotter/mechanic:)

Thanks to Rock Krawler for helping with my tech questions, the numerous threads here on JLWF, and River City Offroad for the AWESOME JLWF Discount!

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
FWIW.....
I know there will are some that do not speak highly of the Mopar Lift but here is a write up of my MOPAR kit that WORKS and what I have installed. I started on 35x12.50r20's but now have 37x13.50r17's. Ride is good for a 37x13.50 AGGRESSIVE mud tire, NO excessive spring BOW and the RK rear spring pads worked really good for better leveling since I am going to be carrying some extra weight in the back. The lift added just a hair over 3" of true lift over stock (not counting tires).

Starting with the MOPAR lift here is a list of components from various sources/vendors along with actual costs (including tax and shipping when applicable). I did my own installation since this is a pretty straight forward "bolt on" project. My plan was to start with the Mopar 2 inch kit and upgrade or add components that I feel "fix" the areas that Mopar didn't get quite right. Of course this is only MY idea of what will work best based on past experience and a LOT of research on the Mopar kit. Besides the crate is really COOL :rock:

• Mopar JLU 3.6L 2" Lift Kit Part #77072395AC "Baseline kit for the project" Comes in a COOL crate! Sourced on EBAY from seller (everydodgepart) Cost $1,099
  • Fox Factory Race Series 2.0 Performance ATS Steering Stabilizer part #983-02-148. Overkill but sourced on EBAY as NEW unused item out of box from individual for a GREAT price. Cost $265
  • Rock Krawler Front Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #RK06705K. Replacement for Mopar Pads that still seem to be poor quality even in the AC kit. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $28.50 with JLWF Discount :clap:
  • Rock Krawler Rear Spring Correction Pad Kit Part #06840 Replacements for Mopar pads. Not sure if they are needed but good insurance IMO. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $16.15 with JLWF Discount :like:
  • Rock Krawler JL Front Adjustable Track Bar Part #RK06187. Replace stock non-adjustable to correctly center axle. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $182.75 with JLWF Discount :)
  • Rock Krawler JL Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket Part #RK06718K. To correct rear geometry for better highway handling and overall performance. Note: I may go with the Rock Krawler rear adjustable Track Bar at a later time "if" I am not happy with the stock bar ride quality. Sourced from River City Offroad Cost $84.14 with JLWF Discount :rock:
The total investment for this suspension build was around $1,675 with the upgrade stabilizer. It could be done for $1,410 without. Not bad for starting with the Mopar Kit which gives you Fox Shocks and did I mention a COOL crate :LOL: By adding the few upgrades this ends up being a good affordable lift. Sure there are BETTER lifts available but I seriously doubt a more "complete" kit could be done for the same money.

We have had it out a few times since the install and according to the wife the lift WORKS GREAT! I'm just the spotter/mechanic:)

Thanks to Rock Krawler for helping with my tech questions, the numerous threads here on JLWF, and River City Offroad for the AWESOME JLWF Discount!
Well said:clap:

Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
FWIW.....

Thanks for posting this. Yesterday I ordered the Mopar lift, rk front adjustable track bar, rk rear track bar relocation bracket, and the rk correction pads. How close is the ride to stock?

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks for posting this. Yesterday I ordered the Mopar lift, rk front adjustable track bar, rk rear track bar relocation bracket, and the rk correction pads. How close is the ride to stock?
Better than most lifts In have had in the past but definitely different from stock depending on tires/wheels. As far as seat of the pants smoothness not a lot of difference. Handling is surprisingly good though.

Jimmy_Berg

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Update: taking some lash out of the steering box helped correct 90% of my dead spot.

I have mopar lift, RK correction pads, adjustable track bar, Fox steering stabilizer, and now adjusted steering box lash.

Sitting on 37x12.5 SSTs. I'm happy with how it tracks now. Still feels like a jeep but I would steer with my knee momentarily now

20191121_120454.jpg

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Again many thanks for all the tips! Had my consult st Wilson's 4x4 and basically with aligned tires and it's current setup..... (drum roll) it drives like a lifted jeep... lol. So yes I know what all I need to add if I want to make the steering more to my liking... out if all of my jeeps this one has the most lift so maybe I'm just not a 3 inch lift girl. I do drive fast on the highway.... so decisions have been made and I'm just going to get a 2020 2 door black rubi and start all over!

I mean.... that IS the most fun way to handle this issue!!!
Seriously? You are giving up on your '18 4 door Rubi and are going to start all over with a '20 2 door Rubi? Seems like you can improve your steering for about $500 worth of parts. IMO, that is the cheaper way to go. Check out River City Offroad's Black Friday sale if you haven't traded your 4 door in yet. Great pricing on their Rock Krawler front adjustable track bar and lower control arms as well as their rear track bar relocation bracket.

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Let me know how it goes and what you end up doing with it. We are most likely going to be doing the mopar kit to my girlfriend's 20 in a few months and I rather just add the new lca's front trac bar and rear relocation bracket all at the same time instead of back and forths with the alignment if I put them on after they install the lift
Well... traded it in for a 2020 rubi 2 door. Problem solved. Now back to the beginning creating my new build.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Seriously? You are giving up on your '18 4 door Rubi and are going to start all over with a '20 2 door Rubi? Seems like you can improve your steering for about $500 worth of parts. IMO, that is the cheaper way to go. Check out River City Offroad's Black Friday sale if you haven't traded your 4 door in yet. Great pricing on their Rock Krawler front adjustable track bar and lower control arms as well as their rear track bar relocation bracket.
Well... I only paid 7k out of pocket to go from a 2018 to the 2020 2 door rubi ... deal was too perfect and my beers at lunch were too cold and they went down too smooth.

Plus I was over the white/tan/shamrocks.
I'm ready for a bad a$$ black jeep.
I get bored easily.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Well... traded it in for a 2020 rubi 2 door. Problem solved. Now back to the beginning creating my new build.
Congrats. Your last one had too many doors anyway.......as did mine.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
Well... I only paid 7k out of pocket to go from a 2018 to the 2020 2 door rubi ... deal was too perfect and my beers at lunch were too cold and they went down too smooth.

Plus I was over the white/tan/shamrocks.
I'm ready for a bad a$$ black jeep.
I get bored easily.
Where are pics of your new Jeep?

OP
OP
Jjirish

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Where are pics of your new Jeep?
It's still 'factory fresh"... lol. I havent done anything to it yet... I've been slacking.

20200203_182514.jpg
Sponsored