First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘98 Jeep Cherokee (sold), ‘98 TJ (RIP), ‘07 JK (sold), ‘15 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep chat infuriates me.

upload_2018-2-26_9-26-31.png
It seems like Jeep’s tracking system and data is an information technology department’s worst nightmare
Sponsored

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, having so much damn fun with my JLUR! Driving it kind of has a SUV sports car feeling. So glad I got the manual tranny! That wait was horrific but so worth it. I am going to get the 3M Paint Protection on the entire car. Will never need to wax it, just wash and clean, and its almost indestructible.
@JAY @JLWF Dealer Guy Love you guys! :involve:

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Wow, having so much damn fun with my JLUR! Driving it kind of has a SUV sports car feeling. So glad I got the manual tranny! That wait was horrific but so worth it. I am going to get the 3M Paint Protection on the entire car. Will never need to wax it, just wash and clean, and its almost indestructible.
:(:punch::crying:

sportylexy

First Name
Lexy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
General Manager Fairfield Inn and Suites
Jeep chat infuriates me.

upload_2018-2-26_9-26-31.png
I don't think the Jeep Chat agents know anything honestly. I have been given nothing but misinformation ever since I put in my order. I was even told it was delivered last week when it wasn't even shipped yet. I think dealing with them made the whole situation a headache and if I was to do it over again, I wouldn't even bother reaching out to them for any updates.

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
I don't think the Jeep Chat agents know anything honestly. I have been given nothing but misinformation ever since I put in my order. I was even told it was delivered last week when it wasn't even shipped yet. I think dealing with them made the whole situation a headache and if I was to do it over again, I wouldn't even bother reaching out to them for any updates.
It seems like they can be anywhere in the world, logged-in via a web browser into an FCA web server for customer service agents to get the building codes and be able to check VINs and customer info, and also have some opened pages for copy/paste answers.

Sponsored

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
During my last Jeep chat session I was told that the dealers have a more accurate tracking system than they (the chat agents) do. I’m done with Jeep chat. I’ve got a ways to go anyway. I’ll get all of my information from this kick a$$ site instead!! Plus I have so much fun in all these threads surrounded by fellow Jeepers! That’s an added bonus that Jeep chat could never duplicate. :jk::like::rock:

Last edited:

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
It seems like they can be anywhere in the world, logged-in via a web browser into an FCA web server for customer service agents to get the building codes and be able to check VINs and customer info, and also have some opened pages for copy/paste answers.
And the "systems" they utilize are garbage.

They are horribly inaccurate and not up-to-date by any stretch of the imagination.

Contacting Jeep chat is the equivalent to guessing.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Funny, mine is KZR also headed to NJ (arrival between 3/3 and 3/7) and was told that it will never see a train but instead will be trucked here....odd!
That’s odd because when mine went KZ they told me it would definitely be trained and then trucked. Mines heading out to LI maybe that has something to do with it?

But as of 1pm today no new status just unloaded from rail :(

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
That's my girl right there!!!!!:rock::clap:

"Good Morning Tod!

Your Jeep was unloaded from the railcar yesterday in Memphis! That means it could be here any day now. Very possibly tomorrow. I was going to call you today to get the ball rolling on this so we could take advantage of that extra $500.

We can FedEx paperwork to you to sign today. Let me know what kind of rates you got.

Thanks!"

Jeep Wrangler JL ORDER TRACKING for your Jeep Wrangler {filename}

Kim Sims
Internet Sales Manager
Superior Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
1201 Exchange Avenue
Conway, AR 72032
501-499-2575
www.superiorfivestar.com
Alright. Now that we have established that Kim is my new crush. One of you need to point her in my direction.... come on AR people!

Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Mine left Toledo at 4p on a Monday and was at my dealership (TN) at noon on Tuesday.
Weird how FCA decides who's gets trucked and who gets a train ride. The railcar adds several days to a delivery. I get the railcar option going out West to AZ, Nevada, Cali, etc... So mine gets a train ride to Memphis and then trucked to my dealer. No biggy. I will take delivery tomorrow. Lexy is in GA and #8 is in Tenner and theirs got a truck ride. Why does one get railcar to Memphis and others get trucked to GA and Tennessee? Doesn't matter. It's just weird. Toledo to GA isn't exactly a short trip. Figured it was based on the closer you are to Toledo you got a truck delivery but if you were a long way away it got the train. Turns out that's not the case. That being said I'm happy for Lexy and #8. A truck delivery is way faster than rail. BTW @My#8andlast this will be my 8th Wrangler also. I said my 2015 Hard Rock would be my last but then they went and made the JL awesome :)

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Weird how FCA decides who's gets trucked and who gets a train ride. The railcar adds several days to a delivery. I get the railcar option going out West to AZ, Nevada, Cali, etc... So mine gets a train ride to Memphis and then trucked to my dealer. No biggy. I will take delivery tomorrow. Lexy is in GA and #8 is in Tenner and theirs got a truck ride. Why does one get railcar to Memphis and others get trucked to GA and Tennessee? Doesn't matter. It's just weird. Toledo to GA isn't exactly a short trip. Figured it was based on the closer you are to Toledo you got a truck delivery but if you were a long way away it got the train. Turns out that's not the case. That being said I'm happy for Lexy and #8. A truck delivery is way faster than rail. BTW @My#8andlast this will be my 8th Wrangler also. I said my 2015 Hard Rock would be my last but then they went and made the JL awesome :)
Agreed. I would have never guessed they would Truck everything to the east. I’m sure there is some rhyme or reason.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Can only like once unfortunately.:involve:
LOL, Oh great. Kim if you are monitoring this site I had nothing to do with this. I have sent you a lot of business from this forum but I had nothing to do with this :like:

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
@JAY @JLWF Dealer Guy Love you guys! :involve:
Very happy for you! :clap: Have you considered changing your profile pic yet? :cwl: Also, what is this 3M paint protection you speak of? Glad you love the manual!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.