Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I need to look into this myself. I now have CBSallaccess and that's about the only channel I ever watch these days. I don't even watch the local news. I'm pretty sure I can get all the CBS shows I want thru Allaccess. Dump the Xfinity TV and save a few bucks. Just inyernet and fone. Maybe drop the DVR too and save another $10/mo.
Living rural means having to make do on some things. We get our TV off the antenna, our phones and internet off the cell tower. Zero bill for tv, one Verizon bill to cover two phones, 2 desktops, and 2 tablets. Unlimited everything, $200/mo.
Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and I did cancel all my TV services. So now it's just internet so I'll be saving $70 month not having their TV services.
https://www.techlife.tv/

I have the one with the Cube for like 150.00 or 160.00

Haven't paid for cable for about a year and half now and can watch everything !

It's worth looking into Brother

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Projects like that were surprisingly more common 100 years ago or so. The City had more power to seize land, and workers' rights weren't really a thing yet, so the costs were much cheaper.

Not saying it was a *better* time, but circumstances have evolved to make undertakings like that more difficult to realize. Here, I was part of a team doing a precondition survey before we start work on major rehabilitation efforts to get the Aqueduct back up to full capacity.
I think people viewed government differently, too. They saw it as capable of bold and exciting initiatives. When your city/province/country completed something substantial, the populace took personal pride in it.

Sponsored

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are 58 here today...should be enough. However, keep in mind that walking around with a parrot on shoulder is why pirates also need eye-patches.

BT1_2456.jpg

This guy can put out 2400 psi with his beak. If he felt like it, he could take the lug nuts off your Wrangler.
Let’s agree not to teach him how to do that.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Um, guess it didn't go well. Anything you wanna talk about?

I just called SiriusXM and cancelled my music service. Wasn't too terrible but I had to keep saying "just cancel". I signed up for the Military Pandora Premium offer for $8/mo. Still cheaper than SiriusXM.
Sirius called here offering $5/month. I don’t really use it very often, so haven’t decided if it’s worth it....

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to find an acceptible alternative before this 12 month price/package is up. Life is too short to deal with companies like Cox Cable. I hate them so much. I hope before I die I get to witness their complete demise.
I’m really lucky. We have a local cooperative company that does our internet/phone/etc. So great to deal with. I call. A person answers the phone. They know how to answer my question. The problem is solved.

Love it.

bellts

First Name
Timmy!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS 3.6l, Manual (Timmychanga)
Occupation
Software Engineer (of sorts),
I’m really lucky. We have a local cooperative company that does our internet/phone/etc. So great to deal with. I call. A person answers the phone. They know how to answer my question. The problem is solved.

Love it.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 29342

Um, guess it didn't go well. Anything you wanna talk about?

I just called SiriusXM and cancelled my music service. Wasn't too terrible but I had to keep saying "just cancel". I signed up for the Military Pandora Premium offer for $8/mo. Still cheaper than SiriusXM.

I got a life time SiriusXM plan it cost me about 600 bucks a back when Howard stern first went there

Sponsored

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I think people viewed government differently, too. They saw it as capable of bold and exciting initiatives. When your city/province/country completed something substantial, the populace took personal pride in it.
Too true. There was a parade when the first Aqueduct, the (Old) Croton Aqueduct was put into service...

Screen-Shot-2018-06-15-at-2.36.04-PM.png

"The aqueduct opened to public use with great fanfare on October 14, 1842. The day-long celebration culminated in a fountain of water that spouted to a height of 50 feet from the beautifully decorated cast iron Croton Fountain in City Hall Park."

:crying:

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Sirius called here offering $5/month. I don’t really use it very often, so haven’t decided if it’s worth it....
They gave me this pitch...I got three more months for $2.50 total. That was set to expire on 9/12. I called to cancel, waffled a bunch on the phone (they wanted $8 for the works), and they gave me this month (thru October 11) free. We'll play Round 3 in a couple of weeks. :devil:

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
https://www.techlife.tv/

I have the one with the Cube for like 150.00 or 160.00

Haven't paid for cable for about a year and half now and can watch everything !

It's worth looking into Brother
I may have to look in to that cuz I'm definitely in a "F the man" mood today.