Sponsored

Shot Out to Los Angeles Teachers (no politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hey everyone I wanted to take a moment to shed some light on a topic that gets over looked and sometimes gets negative coverage on our Teachers and workers of LA.

I am not a Teacher however am a member of Unit E in support of them. My unit consists of all Specialized crafts in all trades across LA. Currently my unit is out of contract going on 3 years and to you that means NO cost of living increase at all nothing foe 3 years. I don't know about everyone but by home gas bill went from 15 max to 276$ a month with a 50$ rebate from CA, whoa boy.

With in this entity others are 1 year, some 2 years, but we are pushing 3 years, nobyears are acceptable. As it's been brought to light this entity is holding a 4.6b surplus while we sit with nothing. Now I know some may say no Unions, or Right to Work, or have negative things to say about Unions or LA workers however most of us Union workers are blue collar hard working Americans. These Teachers do the best with what they are given. Class room occupancy are 45+, supplies are not available, and they are stretched super thin. These are not excuses and we are not to blame we have powers that be that give orders. We are being walked on and taken advantage of on all levels. We are not whining nor are we yelling we are asking for what we deserve. Working on the outside on a Union job and contracts expire jobs stop people go home.

We worked through Covid outside of our scope of craft. We didn't have 1 day off handing out food to our communities so everyone had something to eat. We set up emergency posts to house in need. We open sites to the needs and stayed working with not knowing if we would be paid, we did what we needed to do for everyone. At this same time we continued repairs to ensure sites would be ready when they reopened.

This March 15th our Teachers are holding a Rally at Grand Park at 430 pm and never before seen with all Unions to unify us on the ground in support of eachother for the benefit of the students. This Rally is epic, it's for your neighbor, your friends, everyone's students at all levels.

If you are close to the location stop by, roll by, honk, give us a wave to show your support, we need it. Please repost is you want and let everyone know we are uniting Teachers, Grounds Workers, HVAC Mechanics, Plumbers, Painters, Electricians, Window Washers, Gardners, Cafeteria Workers, Physiologist, Nurses, Office Staff, Campus Aides, IT workers, Abatement Workers, Student Store Staff, EVERYONE.

Jeep Wrangler JL Shot Out to Los Angeles Teachers (no politics) 20230307_072837
Sponsored

Last edited:

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
What ALL public school systems need is a student union with leaders that have the kids education in the forefront. Education meaning math, reading, sciences based on research and facts. The teachers unions are interested in the teachers and don't give a shit about students. At least that's how it is in Illinois. Wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing in highly populated area's like LA. Born in Torrance for the record.

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thank you for your comment. This post was in support for Teachers and all Unions not reform. We know we need reform.

What ALL public school systems need is a student union with leaders that have the kids education in the forefront. Education meaning math, reading, sciences based on research and facts. The teachers unions are interested in the teachers and don't give a shit about students. At least that's how it is in Illinois. Wouldn't surprise me to see the same thing in highly populated area's like LA. Born in Torrance for the record.

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Thank you for your comment. This post was in support for Teachers and all Unions not reform. We know we need reform.
My oldest is a 1st grade teacher in suburbia Chicago. Teachers get my support so long as they stay on cirriculum.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Paint me shocked that yet ANOTHER thread that says no politics in the title is explicitly political in its very nature. I did not see that coming.

OP
OP
XX4XEXX

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I see that in relation and impossible to separate the 2 even though they are not the same.

Definitely not gunna start another DELETE post lol

Paint me shocked that yet ANOTHER thread that says no politics in the title is explicitly political in its very nature. I did not see that coming.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.