My first time in Canada..

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Had the opportunity to take a certification course that was located in Montreal and decided to jump on it.
Flew in on a direct flight which was awesome but landed at 0100 and the rental place we booked through closed at 0100. Soo we are standing there when a lady from Alamo sees us and asks if she can help. We explained the situation and she said I have cars available. She says I can get you an SUV for the same price so we took it and walk to the garage to this..
2020 Sahara!
Canadians know how to treat people!

CAAC4329-38D3-409D-84FD-5E9DAE8C612B.jpeg
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Apparently, they speak English up there despite it being french people in the woods

I kid, but enjoy and totally pimptastic ride there

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Had the opportunity to take a certification course that was located in Montreal and decided to jump on it.
Flew in on a direct flight which was awesome but landed at 0100 and the rental place we booked through closed at 0100. Soo we are standing there when a lady from Alamo sees us and asks if she can help. We explained the situation and she said I have cars available. She says I can get you an SUV for the same price so we took it and walk to the garage to this..
2020 Sahara!

Enjoy your time in the land up north!!!! I have the ability to go up frequently. The company I am employed by has a facility in Stratford, ON. I will be driving my Jeep up there the week of October 7th.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Apparently, they speak English up there despite it being french people in the woods

I kid, but enjoy and totally pimptastic ride there
They only speak English to foreigners, when it comes to English speaking Canadians not so much, once I was in Montreal with some friends from the US, we were in a Subway, the guy understood my friends perfectly, when it was my turn to order apparently he forgot English, got one of my friends that just placed an order to order for me. They girl behind the counter was grinning at him sheepishly taking the order.

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Careful what you say up there, eh? They donā€™t have the First Amendment.

9E36DF5B-E799-47C9-B4FF-1EF39C9F5ABA.gif

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Lol itā€™s not the beer itā€™s the roads. Roughest roads Iā€™ve been on in awhile but I imagine thatā€™s any road up north with harsh temps. But I keep that to myself
While everyone speaks English to me the road signs are all in French so makes it a little harder to drive. I have GPS but still a little difficult as Iā€™m matching signs to GPS pictures.
Luckily itā€™s just bad getting out of downtown, once Iā€™m out of that area itā€™s pretty smooth sailing.
I will say the Sahara has WIDE turns. We have a sport 2 door and a rubicon 4 door at home so both our jeeps turn very sharp. Iā€™ve gotten in trouble trying to do a u turn. So for all you 4 door sport/Sahara peeps you need some wide track axles. I can only imagine what the 2dr rubi owners feel with the short wheelbase and wide track axles. Have to make sure you donā€™t rearend yourself.
I havenā€™t played with the dash yet to change it from metric as I canā€™t read any of the gauges. I left the kmh speed as I can match the signs that way and pretty good with that conversion anyway.
A 2dr would be amazing driving down in old town as itā€™s so tight down in areas that are older than cars existed.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
2020 Sahara!

• Love my country though I do, let's not take for granted how well, and for so many years our two countries have gotten along without military conflict. We have enough problems not to have to deal with an adversary with shared borders.
  • Some provinces have mostly French speaking people.
  • Any smart alec who chimes in "yeah because we'd kick their ass in" is wrong on two fronts. We get along because we have extremely similar core values. And with the UK backing Canada it's not because of overwhelmingly superior fire power, just superior fire power.
  • May we always know peace with our friends up North.

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Welcome to my area! (Province of Quebec, I live about 45 minutes north of Montreal)

Our roads are terrible in part because of the climate, but mostly because of corruption... Companies bidding on road contracts and then delivering less than paid for (asphalt thickness, depth of gravel, etc)...
Oh and nobody cares about the thaw period in the spring where trucks need to be lighter, they would rather pay the fines if they get caught...

So there you have it, which is also why I traded in my 2017 Corvette for a 2020 Rubicon, I figured if i'm going to feel like i'm constantly off-roading, i'll get myself a proper rig...

Sponsored

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Iā€™ll tell yea I wasnā€™t too sure about poutine but Iā€™m a believer now. Good stuff with squish(?) cheese, am I saying that right? Itā€™s how Iā€™m hearing it but itā€™s good.
Everyone in the south should love it, itā€™s French fries with gravy and cheese. I just had dinner with a girlfriend from here and she just put ketchup and vinegar in it and I was like ok Iā€™m drawing a line there.

38D33E31-4002-4E5C-B33C-E705A851C385.jpeg

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Nice! I ALWAYS rent with National because you get to pick your own rental car. I never get anything boring.