OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
In the bag, the windows do fold on each end to form a "U" shape.
This is the right answer. See post #1 for pictures. This summer was my second using this bag, and I’m just as happy with it as I was when I wrote this review. I don’t use clips of any sort, and my eye doesn’t twitch if the windows come out of the bag with a slight wrinkle (which only happens if I am careless about how I stuff then in). An hour of sun smooths them out every time.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
This is the right answer. See post #1 for pictures. This summer was my second using this bag, and I’m just as happy with it as I was when I wrote this review. I don’t use clips of any sort, and my eye doesn’t twitch if the windows come out of the bag with a slight wrinkle (which only happens if I am careless about how I stuff then in). An hour of sun smooths them out every time.
Maybe it's a 2 door vs 4 door issue because after a year, I still have a slight crease where the rear window sagged in the bag.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Just put the bag in today. Its very nice quality and the windows fit in perfect. Bonus that the price has come down since i last priced them, got it for around $103 shipped. My windows are always out so now i have my trunk back.

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Just put the bag in today. Its very nice quality and the windows fit in perfect. Bonus that the price has come down since i last priced them, got it for around $103 shipped. My windows are always out so now i have my trunk back.
Where did you get it for $103 shipped?

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
It helps to hold the bag up if you loop the strap through the carry handle. Don't know yet if that will help prevent any deformation but so far everything is good.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Allmoparparts.com is a forum spinner and will hook you up with free shipping if you send them a pm.

nam5146

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Wrangler Rubicon
I know this has been quiet for awhile, but has anyone tried to use any of these backs with the backseat completely removed? (So attaching the bags to the front seats instead of the rear seats)

I am going on a few week trip to Utah and California in a few months and I'm trying to cram as much as I can in the Jeep, while still taking the top off and not having the windows just sitting around somewhere, possibly flying around.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I know this has been quiet for awhile, but has anyone tried to use any of these backs with the backseat completely removed? (So attaching the bags to the front seats instead of the rear seats)

I am going on a few week trip to Utah and California in a few months and I'm trying to cram as much as I can in the Jeep, while still taking the top off and not having the windows just sitting around somewhere, possibly flying around.
do you already have the mopar bag? if not, check out this bag by BJane design. it does exactly what youre looking for. i bought one and the quality is top notch
https://bjanedesign.com/

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
We have the Mopar window bag and really like it. It is a must for long trips so you can carry your windows if or when it rains. The bag has a large strap at the top and we just loop it around the front seat headrests. It hangs with no problems. We have a 2 door and the back seat will have to be either out or down.(1) There will not be enough room if the back seat is up and strapped in the store position.(1) So you will need several inches of space behind the front seats. Hope this helps!

(1). Our FRONT seats are all the way back and are up against the stored and strapped back seat. If your front seats are slid forward, there could be enough room for the window bag to hang from the FRONT seat headrests with your BACK seat in the storage position. (4/30/20).

Last edited:

Sponsored

nam5146

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks everyone! I suppose there is really no way to take it down without doing something. I don’t wanna drive across the country without them

I will look into the bag I like the Molly things on the one recommended.
Nicole

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have a 2 door and the back seat will have to be either out or down. There will not be enough room if the back seat is up and strapped in the store position.
That’s not correct. Look at my pictures in post #1. I have a 2dr and the bag will fit behind the back seat with the top down or in safari mode. You do have to tilt the backseat forward a few inches, situate the bag, then return it to upright and lock it in place. I’m into my 3rd spring season with this arrangement and it works great.

OP
OP
OldGuyNewJeep

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose there is really no way to take it down without doing something.
I don’t understand what you mean. What is “it?” Can you explain?

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
OP...... I don't want to curve my windows that much when I don't have too and I store the window bag behind the FRONT seats. What your are doing is an option and glad it has worked for you. With the window bag hanging from the "front seat headrest", there is not enough room for the window bag when the BACK seat is in the up storage position in our jeep. Now with that said, if your FRONT seats are slid forward enough, there could be enough room behind your FRONT seats and with the BACK seat in the stored position. My driver's seat is all the way back and my wife likes hers all the way back also. The front seat backs are right up against the stored back seat in our jeep. We keep our back seat in the stored position so we have more room in the back for groceries and other stuff. If or when we have 4 people, I will have to look at options or take the Pilot.

Nicole is referencing to taking the top, "it", down and having to do "something" with the windows.

I will add a disclaimer to my above statement.

Last edited: