Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
How have they been in the mopar lift? Any difference, problems?
My front springs are straight and everything else is fine too. Have done plenty of off road and road without problems.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Here is something I did for my Jeep. I didn't want my hardtop just hanging from the ceiling so I installed rails for the hoist system and built a shelf for the top to set on. The shelf also made a great place to hang the doors and park the mower and other necessities.

IMG-20190903-092112.jpg
Nice job!!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Here is something I did for my Jeep. I didn't want my hardtop just hanging from the ceiling so I installed rails for the hoist system and built a shelf for the top to set on. The shelf also made a great place to hang the doors and park the mower and other necessities.

IMG-20190903-092112.jpg
Damn, my garage should be that neat !

Reactions: RTJ

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Wasn't today.... Well it might be again today, but...

Took the jeep to the beach this weekend and took the doors off for the first time. So much fun. I wanted to drive around all day the time just enjoying it.

Had to put the doors back on yesterday to drive home. The weather is looking clear for the next few days. I think I'm taking the doors off again!

20190831_114159.jpg

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I get now why you guys were complaining about that one PITA screw. I was determined to switch mine for the clear ones this evening so I went outside and started pulling things apart, with the instructional videos by my side. Well, Diode Dynamics didn’t include the extra one-time-use pop rivots they say in their video they do, so I thought I would be able to make it happen without removing that one. All was going well and I was getting ready to pull the final few screws out, but then hubs came out to “help” me and wound up taking over. :mad: We realized later that pulling most of the bracket screws out was totally unnecessary and the only one that REALLY mattered was the one that’s damn near impossible to get to. Anyhow, in trying to get the new side marker screwed back in, my dearest husband also wound up breaking the round clip on the marker light bracket. I think it’s because he kept trying to jam the ratchet in place to reach the bolt since it’s in such an inconvenient spot. Oh well. Everything still went back together just fine but it got too dark to do the other side so that will happen tomorrow morning. I do love the way it looks for a (relatively) simple mod!

58280AF9-DEB9-4804-B187-96F567FA47E4.jpeg

B7F12EE9-206F-4BAE-AA54-F245D94282A7.jpeg
Has there been a comprehensive write up on one of the side threads which explains the tips and tricks of this install? I'm getting close to doing this mod. Thanks!

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
I took a quick lunch break at the beach in the Jeep over the weekend and did something I used to do all the time in my TJ for the first time in the JLU. Top down, standing up on the seat and leaning back against the sport bar.

Noticed that Jeep seems to have thought of this use-case and very conveniently created beveled edges on the sport bar and even included side bolsters. Very comfy! Cool!

jeep beach 1.jpg

jeep sport bar.jpg

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Got my RC 2.5" budget boost installed. I had planned on doing this myself, but I realized my floor jack was undersized/rated, and my jack stands were 3 ton and too short, so with all the stuff I was going to have to buy to get it done, a local tire shop was able to do it for not much more. I have tires and wheels coming from discount tire direct in the next week or so!

0WIMJNL.jpg

jECYTak.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I took the soft top off and put the hard top back on. I am leaving for a couple weeks of camping and wheeling in Colorado from Michigan. I thought it would be a little more secure with the hard top on. This makes me sad. I drive with the top down most of the time and the hard top with the freedom tops out is just not the same.

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
Has there been a comprehensive write up on one of the side threads which explains the tips and tricks of this install? I'm getting close to doing this mod. Thanks!
There's a YouTube video by Shocker Racing that really helped me out, just watch the whole thing because I think he did the second one easier.

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
/QUOTE]

Did you powder coat these? Considering picking up a set assuming I offload my falcons due to that pretty hole I had to cut open in my stock fenders.
No they're actually still bare, still deciding on a color. Well honestly I haven't been thinking about it at all, I'm lazy. Just glad I'm done installing them.

Malik

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK

IMG-20190903-092112.jpg
How tall is your garage ceiling? Thanks

Jeepishness

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Installed my new JPeggz side mirrors - https://www.jpeggz.com/

sidemirror.jpg
Have you removed your Jpeggz and put your doors back on yet? Did you wind up with the hinge being mis-aligned at all? I'm asking because some of us are experiencing the Jpeggz forcing the bottom hinge to become mis-aligned leaving a gap at the hinge when putting the doors back on.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Ive locked myself out more than I care to admit, and at the most inconvenient times too. hopefully this will solve my issue with remembering the key fob in the cup holder lol. :facepalm:

3D623B49-A279-4F9D-8E6B-876435F5DB87.jpeg
I can’t lock myself out, my Jeep is smarter than i am. It refuses to lock the door and honks at me 4 times to remind me that I’m an idiot. I guess I have some feature that does that, I thought all jeeps were equipped with it