What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

KPsrq

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon
I put on new wiper blades and used one of those fogging deodorizers and bombed the interior bc the previous owner smoked in it

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Ive locked myself out more than I care to admit, and at the most inconvenient times too. hopefully this will solve my issue with remembering the key fob in the cup holder lol. :facepalm:

3D623B49-A279-4F9D-8E6B-876435F5DB87.jpeg
My Rubicon's horn beeps twice if I leave the FOB in the Jeep by mistake so I can't lock myself out.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubicon's horn beeps twice if I leave the FOB in the Jeep by mistake so I can't lock myself out.
I can’t lock myself out, my Jeep is smarter than i am. It refuses to lock the door and honks at me 4 times to remind me that I’m an idiot. I guess I have some feature that does that, I thought all jeeps were equipped with it
Lucky you guys. I dont have that feature. I have basic manual locks. So I have to rely on my own brain power. Yay

MikeinDelaware

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Turbo
Build Thread
Link
20190829_000149.jpg

20190829_000200.jpg

Got a Rugged Ridge hoop bar installed.

Laid out in my driveway and took off the euro doodads, and the belly pan. Took me forever to get the driver side off, but then when i figured it out, the passenger side came off fast.

Got my CMM mirrors in the mail, installed the mounts for them (didnt get any pics), but they seem to have a very nice fit and finish.

Now waiting on my buddy to get his JLUR so i can buy his wheels/tires and suspension.

Also since i have the Rubi fenders installed and line-x'd, i think next up his getting the hood sprayed. Eventually the whole ride will be line-x'd, in stages.

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Today I installed HotHead Sound Assasins and Headliners. I will add that the to me it seems the suggestion of doing this with the top on is insane though. I would never want to have that dust and acetone near a new Jeep interior. Also, the instructions for the side windows say to remove the velcro and affix to sides alone first, then add window trim. Not sure I agree with that. I tore off the sticky from the velcro, lightly put in place to make sure in proper spot and then applied pressure to the tape areas. Perfect. Will now have to wait until after OBX beach trip to put on the top and see how it sounds/feels.

hothead3.jpg

hothead2.jpg

hothead1.jpg

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
There's a YouTube video by Shocker Racing that really helped me out, just watch the whole thing because I think he did the second one easier.
Yeahhhhh....I watched that video but didn’t finish it and wish I had now. :CWL: Nearly 20 minutes in is when he starts the passenger side. Just skip to that point and follow what he does. The key is to have a longish T27 screwdriver. It needs to be small/slim to get into the tight space. That’s NOT what she said!!! :CWL::LOL::CWL:

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed HotHead Sound Assasins and Headliners. I will add that the to me it seems the suggestion of doing this with the top on is insane though. I would never want to have that dust and acetone near a new Jeep interior. Also, the instructions for the side windows say to remove the velcro and affix to sides alone first, then add window trim. Not sure I agree with that. I tore off the sticky from the velcro, lightly put in place to make sure in proper spot and then applied pressure to the tape areas. Perfect. Will now have to wait until after OBX beach trip to put on the top and see how it sounds/feels.

hothead3.jpg

hothead2.jpg

hothead1.jpg
Let us know if there is a significant difference.

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Let us know if there is a significant difference.
Might be tough as I only had hard top on for a day before I put soft top on. Won't get exposed to hard top again until October, but will advise if I notice. I went with others on sound improvement and some thermal.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
5 wheel tire rotation! (DIY of course). Very quick. Going to do every 3000 on these Patagonias. Will report as i go.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
20190829_000149.jpg

20190829_000200.jpg

Got a Rugged Ridge hoop bar installed.

Laid out in my driveway and took off the euro doodads, and the belly pan. Took me forever to get the driver side off, but then when i figured it out, the passenger side came off fast.

Got my CMM mirrors in the mail, installed the mounts for them (didnt get any pics), but they seem to have a very nice fit and finish.

Now waiting on my buddy to get his JLUR so i can buy his wheels/tires and suspension.

Also since i have the Rubi fenders installed and line-x'd, i think next up his getting the hood sprayed. Eventually the whole ride will be line-x'd, in stages.
This may be a dumb question, but how did the hoop install onto stock bumper? Been wanting to do something like that with mine.

Also, which hoop is it?

MikeinDelaware

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Turbo
Build Thread
Link

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Dune Clear Coat JK Unlimited Sahara, 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually, 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daughters), 2015 Polaris RZR 4 1000, 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Crew
Over the weekend i installed the Mopar Auxiliary switches. Now it’s at the dealership awaiting programming so they will work.