• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sway Bar Quick Disconnect Recommendations?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Before you even attempt to install the Rancho kit... look at this thread..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rancho-vs-rock-krawler-vs-jks-sway-bar-links.17963/

I have the Rancho Kit.. link is way too long for a 2.5 inch lift kit ( I have a Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit on a Unlimited Sport) ... Rancho promised to make a shorter version.. I have yet to call and ask if there is a new version of the link.. however I doubt it will ever be produced.. see... The Rancho kit has these bracket where the quick disconnect link attaches... that bracket raises the connecting point by a couple inches.. I even cut the link by two inches.. even then the angle on the Sway Bar is about 13 degrees.. their documentation states that the angle should be less than - / + 5 degrees.. I will publish a photo when I get a chance.. I liked the idea of the Rancho kit because I didn't have to cut anything.. but the design as I bought it is way too long for a 2.5 lift kit.. I imagine it works fine for a much higher lift kit.. perhaps 4.5+ inches

BTW.. .Which Rock Krawler quick link fits the JL ? So far I have only seen the one for JK..
I thought the Rancho's length is adjustable? Are you saying It's too long on even shortest length? That sounds like it defeats the purpose of being adjustable if shortest setting is for 4.5+ lift.. wth...
Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
The Rock Krawler kit is great. Completely adjustable and bolt-in. Very well made with rebuildable joints.
Hey Word.. do you have the Rock Krawler kit installed on your JL.. if so.. did you have to cut the mount?

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the Rancho's length is adjustable? Are you saying It's too long on even shortest length? That sounds like it defeats the purpose of being adjustable if shortest setting is for 4.5+ lift.. wth...
Hey Arterius... yes.. it is indeed adjustable.. but even in the shortest adjustable length it still positions my Sway Bar at 22 Degrees.. way off the recommended + / - 5 Degrees.. please look at the last page on that link I posted where I detail the issues with the kit.. Rancho is aware of it and promised to manufacture a new.. shorter adjustable version.. but I sincerely doubt this is possible.. I cut 2 inches from the original Rancho Link.. and the Sway Bar still sits off the recommended values at 12 Degrees..

Here is a pic of my "re-engineered" Rancho link... 2 inches shorter... still not good enough for my 2.5 inch Rough Country lift kit

Shorter%20link%20by%202%20inches_zps515iraxt.jpg

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Word.. do you have the Rock Krawler kit installed on your JL.. if so.. did you have to cut the mount?
I have their links mounted front and rear, as well as their 3.5" x-factor lift. No cutting. There's even already a hole in the shock towers to screw the retention strap to. I forgot to mention they are grease-able as well, though you'll want to get ahold of some 000 (super light weight) grease.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Arterius... yes.. it is indeed adjustable.. but even in the shortest adjustable length it still positions my Sway Bar at 22 Degrees.. way off the recommended + / - 5 Degrees.. please look at the last page on that link I posted where I detail the issues with the kit.. Rancho is aware of it and promised to manufacture a new.. shorter adjustable version.. but I sincerely doubt this is possible.. I cut 2 inches from the original Rancho Link.. and the Sway Bar still sits off the recommended values at 12 Degrees..

Here is a pic of my "re-engineered" Rancho link... 2 inches shorter... still not good enough for my 2.5 inch Rough Country lift kit

Shorter%20link%20by%202%20inches_zps515iraxt.jpg
I wouldn't buy anything from Rancho or Rough Country for that matter. Except maybe Rancho's shocks, but there's better for cheaper. These are huge companies mass-producing products for a large range of vehicles. You call a company like Rock Crawler and someone who actually knows the parts will answer the phone.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have their links mounted front and rear, as well as their 3.5" x-factor lift. No cutting. There's even already a hole in the shock towers to screw the retention strap to. I forgot to mention they are grease-able as well, though you'll want to get ahold of some 000 (super light weight) grease.
Hey Word.. I wonder if you can post a picture of the front links.. I am curious about the front passenger side.. how do you install the Rock Krawler links without cutting the mount.. Thanks!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey Word.. I wonder if you can post a picture of the front links.. I am curious about the front passenger side.. how do you install the Rock Krawler links without cutting the mount.. Thanks!
I'm out of town for a couple more days, but the links come with mounting brackets that slide over the originals and are side specific. The passenger side comes with a spacer and bolts through the track bar mount.
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 2.07.22 PM.png

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cool.. thanks.. it is a similar idea to the Rancho kit.. Word.. I wonder how many degrees your sway bar deviates from level ? Thanks again!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
cool.. thanks.. it is a similar idea to the Rancho kit.. Word.. I wonder how many degrees your sway bar deviates from level ? Thanks again!
They have a huge amount of adjustability. Probably in the neighborhood of 6".

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have a huge amount of adjustability. Probably in the neighborhood of 6".
ok understood... however the Rancho links seem similar in length to the Rock Crawler's... I doubt the RK would work with my Rough Country 2.5 lift kit... thanks for the info!!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
ok understood... however the Rancho links seem similar in length to the Rock Crawler's... I doubt the RK would work with my Rough Country 2.5 lift kit... thanks for the info!!
They make them for their 2.5" and 3.5" kits. Mine are adjusted out almost full length for my 3.5" lift. They would work great with your kit. They suggest starting with 7" for a 2.5" kit. Trust me, if these guys make it, it works perfectly.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
Still waiting for it to be delivered. Expected delivery date from USPS is Friday 3/29 I’ll update then! If it delivers as expected, I’ll definitely get it installed same day and will be sure to document install and post back here.
Hey so the package I received was actually my Synergy REAR sway bar links. My bad. Those installed easy as pie, as you’d imagine.

Now with the thread pointing to people having issues with the Rancho discos, I’m not sure I even want to mess with them... they haven’t been delivered yet (taking a really long time) but I’ll be taking a close look before install and if it seems sketchy, I’ll just return them and go back to the drawing board. I did ask Rancho in that thread what the deal is.

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We do similar front sway bar link relocation brackets for 2" lifts so nothing has to be cut in the front for disconnects. These brackets also let you use the longer stock rear sway bar links in the front which is helpful if you have a Rubicon. Our front sway bar links and disconnects aren't out yet, but they will be soon.

Here are the brackets.
https://www.synergymfg.com/jeep-jl-front-sway-bar-link-relocation-brackets.html

Snowwhite

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
The Rock Krawler kit is great. Completely adjustable and bolt-in. Very well made with rebuildable joints.
I am not seeing rock crawler having options for the JL. Where did you purchase?
Sponsored