JL Trektop

ChicagoShoop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well im joining the club. After a little over a month of no issues, in which i thought you all were crazy, i finally experienced the dreaded flap and the rear seal not working properly. I guess car washes are great for helping clean up the dog drool on the inside, since water seems to find its way in over the lift gate. I sent an email to bestop a week or so ago about the tailgate and have yet to hear back. I will be calling the 1-800 number today and hopefully can have some resolution to these issues.
Sponsored

Rubi22

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I hate to waste time calling if they don’t have any kind of solution. Cassie can you elaborate as to what actions are being taken to work towards a resolution, this would help you guys from being overloaded with calls. I don’t want to bother you guys and then get aggravated if the response or acknowledgment of my complaint falls on what seems to be deaf ears. I am sure that Bestop is working on this, give us some feedback.

Thanks

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Update:

After the "updated" replacement rear window they sent continued to flap in the wind loudly, I contacted them and they said they were actually going to a meeting same day and would discuss the flapping issue and get back to me with a response. That was a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't gotten a response.

-Rear window flaps like a flag
-Rear tailgate bar doesn't seal well
-Sunrider interferes with XM radio reception when opened up
-Rear window tabs are virtually impossible to un-tuck from the tub slot because of the hybrid sliding rail/zipper system

Aside from those issues which persist, the top is otherwise working well and keeps rain out great. Hopefully I'll hear something from Bestop soon. Thankfully I've been testing this top for them since winter because if I had spent $1,300 on this I would be kind of upset. It's a good product, they just should have let us test it FIRST before they released it to market. That was their only mistake.
+1 on all 4 of your items. Love the top but if not a fix or at least an update on the direction to a fix this will be coming off and a refund request in next 2 weeks....

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
installed a trextop today, I have the dreaded gap at the tailgate also, contacted Bestop and they are sending a new improved seal, in the mean time I'm going to use a pice of pipe insulation.
Rear windows are a real PITA!

ChicagoShoop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I hate to waste time calling if they don’t have any kind of solution. Cassie can you elaborate as to what actions are being taken to work towards a resolution, this would help you guys from being overloaded with calls. I don’t want to bother you guys and then get aggravated if the response or acknowledgment of my complaint falls on what seems to be deaf ears. I am sure that Bestop is working on this, give us some feedback.

Thanks
Good point. I will wait to see what Cassie says on here before i call and tie up their time.

@BestopTeam

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Good point. I will wait to see what Cassie says on here before i call and tie up their time.

@BestopTeam
I spoke with her via PM yesterday regarding a separate issue. She said she was going to be out of the office until Friday, so I wouldn’t expect a response before then.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Another update:

The latest word is that they are going to try adding more Velcro to the "roof skin" and the rear window. They are hoping this will control the flapping and stop the issue. I should have the new parts Friday for installation and testing this weekend.

I'll give it some time in the sun to stretch and then I'll report back the results. Hope Bestop Team doesn't mind me sharing that info, I just thought I'd post to try and keep their inbox from blowing up.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all,

We have seals for those having an issue with a gap, this is not an addition we are adding to the bottom, it is a new part. we are also sending new decks (top pieces) to those having flapping issues.

We have these parts in stock, call us at 1-800-845-3567 and we will get these sent out.

CassieAtBestop

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
For those wondering about the new roof skins:

Sponsored

jrbiem

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18" JLU Sport Mojito!
Here’s a pic of the new tailgate bar piece installed. Seems way better and more secure. It is one piece that replaces the 2 pieces that came with my bar.

63C4AD2A-8CD9-48DB-A074-94E089F3E64F.jpeg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
It wasn't like this before. What did I do wrong?

20190511_185147.jpg

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’m going to wait a few months before calling Bestop about the flapping. I want to give them some time to properly resolve it.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I was about to order one of these. And this thread has me shelving that idea. Let's see if they resolve this.

Skyman

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 JL Rubicon
Has anyone with a 2 door JL and this top had any issues?
Sponsored