Sponsored

JL vs Mini

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ready to purchase but trying to understand the exact, physical, real-world differences here.

Does anyone have pics installed, in the vehicle?

One of my frustrations with Z's site and so many others is product pictures in a vacuum with no reference or photos of the product actually in-use or on the vehicle (even some bumper & slider manufacturers are guilty)

Does the standard JL protrude into footwell/shin space when installed?

What's the real difference between the two and can you give me pictures? There's some saying about a picture being worth....something ;)
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Ready to purchase but trying to understand the exact, physical, real-world differences here.

Does anyone have pics installed, in the vehicle?

One of my frustrations with Z's site and so many others is product pictures in a vacuum with no reference or photos of the product actually in-use or on the vehicle (even some bumper & slider manufacturers are guilty)

Does the standard JL protrude into footwell/shin space when installed?

What's the real difference between the two and can you give me pictures? There's some saying about a picture being worth....something ;)
@D60

Geeeez, there are many, many, many posts, threads and pics in regard to the Tazer JL.

I know no other product offering on this forum, that has seen as many posts, threads, as much talk..

As for the "standard JL" as you call it. It sticks out of the OBDII port by about 2.5 inches.

It is noticeable, but not something that blatantly stands out.

You will not have any problem in regard to contacting it with your knee/shin, etc..

We have had one forum member say his foot hit it, but I wondered how the hell he had that happen... 8-)

I suggest you consider the Tazer JL Mini. I had a Tazer JL but moved to a Mini.

Tazer JL with gateway module:
TazerJL.png

Tazer JL Mini:
tazer-jl-lite.png

OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
^^pics in a vacuum again, but thanks for the verbal description

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@D60

There are pics of the installed Tazer JL in multiple threads on this forum. Look / search /read / see...

Also, do a Google search using the words TAZER, JL, VIDEO, and you will be given a list of more then one video in regard to the Tazer JL and it's install.

You will clearly see there, the way the Tazer JL resides in the OBDll port.. The same videos have been posted on this forum also..

Here is a poor pic. You really can't judge by a pic. Measure about 2.5" from the OBDII on your JL and that should give you a decent idea.

Capture.JPG

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
This is the Tazer JL Mini. In the photo it’s hanging down all the way to show size/location. You can stow it up behind the knee panel if you like. Hope this is what you’re looking for.

096DB8F6-9D9D-4348-8F1E-8AA4AE7000A7.jpeg

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@D60

Both Tazer JL Mini and the "standard" as you call it Tazer JL do exactly the same thing. They just have a different foot print .... the Mini does not install to the OBDll port.

Most guys/gals want the / go with the Mini, now that it is available. Some / few, still prefer the "standard" Tazer JL, over the Mini.

OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This is the Tazer JL Mini. In the photo it’s hanging down all the way to show size/location. You can stow it up behind the knee panel if you like. Hope this is what you’re looking for.

096DB8F6-9D9D-4348-8F1E-8AA4AE7000A7.jpeg
That's fantastic, thank you for taking the time! Your user name makes me think of my giant chocolate lab LOL

Thank you rhinebeck as well.
Sponsored