PCM/TCM Update

minimight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Seemed like the JL was "searching" for a gear around 1,500rpm, most noticeably when I was in 5th gear (3.6, auto). Just seemed to not know what to do. I took it in yesterday and the PCM and TCM had an update. Drove it this morning and it seems to be corrected. Wanted to throw it out there since I see a few threads on what seems to be the same or similar issue.
Sponsored

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Seemed like the JL was "searching" for a gear around 1,500rpm, most noticeably when I was in 5th gear (3.6, auto). Just seemed to not know what to do. I took it in yesterday and the PCM and TCM had an update. Drove it this morning and it seems to be corrected. Wanted to throw it out there since I see a few threads on what seems to be the same or similar issue.
Is this update for manuals too? Mine acts up in 3rd gear between 40-45 mph. It sputters.

OP
OP
minimight

minimight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Is this update for manuals too? Mine acts up in 3rd gear between 40-45 mph. It sputters.
Not sure. He said they really don't know when updates are needed unless they plug in and see them. Took maybe 20 mins. Definitely worth the trip out there.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Not sure. He said they really don't know when updates are needed unless they plug in and see them. Took maybe 20 mins. Definitely worth the trip out there.
Okay thank you! Def worth taking it in again to see if there's an update. I'm ready to get rid of it that's how irritated I am with it. Wish I would've kept my 2017 Sahara as that one was perfect.

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok just got back from the dealership. They plugged my 2019 Rubicon into their computer and found no updates. Everything is good. So I test drove another 2019 JL they had on the lot and 3rd gear felt am shaky around 45 mph too. So it’s not just my manual doing it. Oh well maybe they’ll have an update in the future.

OP
OP
minimight

minimight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Ok just got back from the dealership. They plugged my 2019 Rubicon into their computer and found no updates. Everything is good. So I test drove another 2019 JL they had on the lot and 3rd gear felt am shaky around 45 mph too. So it’s not just my manual doing it. Oh well maybe they’ll have an update in the future.
Interesting. Seems like they are playing catch-up with updates.
Sponsored