Sponsored

Show off your Delivered JL Here!

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
What is MPG and RPM @ 70 MPH, NICE RIDE Will Order soon.
Just got the Sahara Unlimited/Silver on Friday. Drove from D.C. to Richmond, VA and got 23mpg hwy averaging 75 MPH! Been driving around town the past two days and have been getting 18.5mpg!
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Just got the Sahara Unlimited/Silver on Friday. Drove from D.C. to Richmond, VA and got 23mpg hwy averaging 75 MPH! Been driving around town the past two days and have been getting 18.5mpg!
What was your overall impression? Beauty aside, wind noise, ride, etc?

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked mine up tonight. The one I was planning to go look at sold 5 minutes before I got to the dealer. Then they said, I think we have another one that came in too.
What a rollercoaster of emotions you must've had! "Christmas is cancelled." ... "Just kidding. It's back on!"
1E0107AA-2CDD-429E-875A-8C11B0384036.jpeg

The Rubi decal really pops on the black paint! Enjoy!

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I love her so much I am obsessed! I need bigger tires for sure, but she's a beauty! My 9th Wrangler, but first Sahara and first brand new! Yaaay! #kittywhip #JeepGirl4Life

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 8.49.37 PM.png
Congratulations . I ordered a Sahara similar to yours. Did yours have the body match for the hard top?

Sponsored

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Just thought I'd share this. I guess my Jeep didn't get completely detailed before I took it home, looks like the original suction points to put the windshield in place at the factory, lol. Not a big deal, but I thought it was cool.
IMG_3032.JPG.JPG
IMG_3033.JPG.JPG

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Wow. I wonder what they forgot to do before releasing this Jeep for production!!

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
What was your overall impression? Beauty aside, wind noise, ride, etc?
Where to start! I'll start with the interior and how it feels. I have the leather trim seats and it is impressive. The fit and finish and the quality of all the materials is top notch. The JK was utilitarian, the JL feels high end. I love how everything is setup, the buttons and dials are nice to operate and the Uconnect system is pretty impressive. I like having the physical buttons for the radio and climate control and not having them all controlled by the touchscreen, but you can. There is so much info to be had on the driver's dash! Like tire pressure, how your drivetrain is set, fuel consumption and miles left, operating temperature for all the engine fluids and you can customize the dash! The Navigation System was great when I drove down from D.C. It actually showed the lanes on the driver's dash, with an image of the lanes to take or stay in for the coming exits! The weather has been cold and wet here and the Uconnect even gave weather warnings in the area and you can see the weather map!
Now the driving experience. It is so much better than the JK! The steering is more positive, less steering play so it tracks better. The outward visibility is awesome! You can see all around you, no problem. Having the Blind Spot Monitor helps too. The backup camera is one of the best I've seen. The image is very sharp, higher res than most I've seen recently. Still bumpy, but I like it, less bounce I think than the JK. As for the wind noise, yes it's there. Higher at speeds, but I really don't think too much about it. It kind of sounds similar to when you drive with a window open with a slight crack, not the whistling but the wind rush. I can't compare it to the JK, I drove the soft top. I didn't get the JK because I knew I wouldn't like it as an everyday driver, but the JL fixed so many of those issues that it makes it livable to drive it everyday. Did I mention, it gets great gas mileage!

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Where to start! I'll start with the interior and how it feels. I have the leather trim seats and it is impressive. The fit and finish and the quality of all the materials is top notch. The JK was utilitarian, the JL feels high end. I love how everything is setup, the buttons and dials are nice to operate and the Uconnect system is pretty impressive. I like having the physical buttons for the radio and climate control and not having them all controlled by the touchscreen, but you can. There is so much info to be had on the driver's dash! Like tire pressure, how your drivetrain is set, fuel consumption and miles left, operating temperature for all the engine fluids and you can customize the dash! The Navigation System was great when I drove down from D.C. It actually showed the lanes on the driver's dash, with an image of the lanes to take or stay in for the coming exits! The weather has been cold and wet here and the Uconnect even gave weather warnings in the area and you can see the weather map!
Now the driving experience. It is so much better than the JK! The steering is more positive, less steering play so it tracks better. The outward visibility is awesome! You can see all around you, no problem. Having the Blind Spot Monitor helps too. The backup camera is one of the best I've seen. The image is very sharp, higher res than most I've seen recently. Still bumpy, but I like it, less bounce I think than the JK. As for the wind noise, yes it's there. Higher at speeds, but I really don't think too much about it. It kind of sounds similar to when you drive with a window open with a slight crack, not the whistling but the wind rush. I can't compare it to the JK, I drove the soft top. I didn't get the JK because I knew I wouldn't like it as an everyday driver, but the JL fixed so many of those issues that it makes it livable to drive it everyday. Did I mention, it gets great gas mileage!
Wow! Thanks for your feedback! Enjoy your ride :)

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
What a rollercoaster of emotions you must've had! "Christmas is cancelled." ... "Just kidding. It's back on!"

The Rubi decal really pops on the black paint! Enjoy![/QUOTE

The Rubi decal really pops on the black paint! Enjoy!

Roller coaster is an understatement . I’m just surprised how smooth this drives. I’m loving it.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Just thought I'd share this. I guess my Jeep didn't get completely detailed before I took it home, looks like the original suction points to put the windshield in place at the factory, lol. Not a big deal, but I thought it was cool.
IMG_3032.JPG.JPG
IMG_3033.JPG.JPG
I had eight of them ! I cleaned the window several times before I could get them all off. Every time I looked from another angle there was always one more!

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Impressive write up. Can you elaborate on the storage space in the rear of the Jeep? I need to know if it’s bigger or the same as the JK.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

MojitoWrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Z28 R/S
Occupation
Stock Trader
Picked up a Firecracker JLU Sport S from a lot on Monday. It had just arrived. I put 33s on it this morning. The guys at Discount Tire were freaking out to see a JLU in person, haha. Pics are from night of purchase & this morning after new wheels.

2018 JL first night.JPG
2018 JL New Wheels Profile.jpg
2018 JL New Wheels Rear Angle.jpg
Looks really good with 33s and black rims!
Sponsored