Sponsored

All Those from Minnesota!

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
This sounds like fun! Have you had any luck arranging anything with the group?

I just got my 2019 JLU Sahara in Granite Crystal and excited to personalize it a bit. I look forward to exchanging Jeep wave with my fellow MN JLers... from Minneapolis here.
You didn't happen to visit Starbucks down on Lyndale and 54th today, did you? I saw a new one sitting in front of there this morning.
Sponsored

First Name
Rah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rahevolution.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLU Sahara 2.0T
Vehicle Showcase
You didn't happen to visit Starbucks down on Lyndale and 54th today, did you? I saw a new one sitting in front of there this morning.
That wasn't me this morning, but it is my neighborhood! I'm more of a Caribou or Dunn Bros girl anyway

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Black Jeep JL Sport from Maple Plain, MN. Also in school at Duluth. If you see me, give me a wave!

Building an overlander! have a custom cargo set up in rear, Maximus-3 Roof Rack w/ ladder (a must have), 2.5 in lift, Fox 2.0 IFP shocks, will be getting 35s once I burn down the stocks, SmittyBilt XRC Front bumper, 9.5k Winch, a light bar or 2.

I will be attending the Buffalo Jeep Go Topless Day Event, hope to see y'all there!

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Hi I’m from North Mankato. I’m in the pre purchase discovery phase right now. Definitely will be a Rubicon Unlimited with a 2.5” lift and 35” tires. I’m looking to get it delivered late summer or early fall so I can bring it out to Arizona with me in the fall.
You cant go wrong with a lift kit, but keep in mind, the Rubi can take 35" tires stock, and sits 2 in higher than non rubi jls. If you want higher, knock yourself out, but just an fyi to maybe save you a buck or two

Sponsored

jforse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
Just came across this thread. In Duluth. White JLUR.

WIDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK WW 2-door; 2019 JLR - 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
WI Jeeper here, but come over to the dark side every day to work! We recently sold our 2017 JK 2-door Willys, and now waiting patiently for our new 2019 JLR 2-door. It’s currently in transit here, so maybe it will beat the snow?!

CrazyKASG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (JRex)
Just came across this thread. In Duluth. White JLUR.
WI Jeeper here, but come over to the dark side every day to work! We recently sold our 2017 JK 2-door Willys, and now waiting patiently for our new 2019 JLR 2-door. It’s currently in transit here, so maybe it will beat the snow?!
Greetings from a bit north! We are up on the Iron Range. :)

Sponsored

WIDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK WW 2-door; 2019 JLR - 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
Greetings from a bit north! We are up on the Iron Range. :)
Ah, beautiful up there - I bet you won’t be seeing grass until May! We will be making several trips to No. MN, but a little further to the west. The wife’s family has a place near Bagley. We never wheeled up there, so I’m doing some research while the snow melts!

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Just ordered my jeep JLUR in ocean blue. I got it from Forest Lake jeep. They came down roughly $6300 off of MSRP. They also quoted me $1695 installed for the 2 inch Mopar lift. I
I’ve in the north metro and can’t wait for it to arrive!

I thin I’m going to put 35’s and a Clayton lift on it. Don’t want to go 37’s as I’m worried about long term wear on the transmission.

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all,
I'm a North Dakota kid, but have lived in Edina for 9 years and I'm somewhat new to the forum. I'm heading out to the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab in April and I'm really interested in getting more active with local Jeepers to do more wheeling in the Iron Range, Duluth area and in Wisconsin and possibly even putting some trips together to wheel in the in the Badlands in North Dakota/Black Hills in SD and further west; Rubicon, Moab, etc.

About my Jeep:
I Ordered a '19 Sting Grey JLUR 3.6 auto 6 weeks ago and took delivery two weeks ago. I worked with Tony at Luther in Brookdale, who sold me my '14 JKUR.

Based on the map that another member created, I called around to all of the Jeep dealers in the cities and one in Rochester, but nobody would get close to the 5-7% off invoice I saw other forum members reporting. I pulled together some evidence from the forum and ultimately negotiated 5% under invoice plus another 1% for Tread Lightly and an Extra $1000 off for FCA loyalty from the Luther in Brookdale. I will help anyone do this and already helped two guys from the forum in MN. If you're interested, hit me up and I'll intro you to Tony and help you get all the discounts available. I can't say enough about how great Tony has been to work with on my project. Total stud.

About my build project:
Last week I installed the 3.5" Geolift from Maximus 3 with Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks and 38" Patagonias on 17" black Hutchison Rockmonster bead locks. This kit is a geometry correction, high steer kit with a YETI drag link. Part of the project included adding the Warn Zeon 10s winch to the Steel bumper group and this week I installed an ARB dual compressor onboard air system with an air delivery system to air-up/air-down all four tires to preset PSI. I'm also using the Taser JL to adjust for bigger tires and play around with other options and settings. Keeps me busy for hours...

I ordered the full belly pan skid plate, the skid plate for the Front Axel Disconnect, and the rear diff skid plate system from MetalCloak. The belly pan skid had a 3 week lead time, and it all shows up next week. I'm also trying to order the spare tire carrying kit from Maximus-3 (Matt tells me it will be available to order this week).

With 38" tires, I anticipated some rubbing with the inner fenders, but there is zero. No rubbing on the front bumper at full turn either (unlike my JK with 35"s). Anticipating this (and for purely aesthetic reasons), I looked for aftermarket front fenders (saw some on YouTube videos from Sema) where the fender itself looks stock, but there is a slimmer LED Daytime Running Light/turn signal and trimmed inner fenders. I couldn't find any I liked which retained the horizontal LED until I watched a video from Brit at American Adventure Lab (https://americanadventurelab.com). These things look sick and are extremely well designed, retaining the horizontal LED while removing the inner fenders. I ordered a set two weeks ago and they will be here in a couple more weeks.

This build was initially planned to keep me busy over the Spring and Summer but I decided to head out to Moab in April, so I had to accelerate my plans a bit. I'll add some auxiliary lights (probably a pair of Baja Design LP6s, and a smaller BD Squadron on the spare tire carrier), and there are some other bits and pieces too.

Send me a note if I can help you with your JL or Gladiator order or if you are interested in organizing some outings.

IMG_2338.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3e1.jpeg

IMG_2344.JPG

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Hello all,
I'm a North Dakota kid, but have lived in Edina for 9 years and I'm somewhat new to the forum. I'm heading out to the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab in April and I'm really interested in getting more active with local Jeepers to do more wheeling in the Iron Range, Duluth area and in Wisconsin and possibly even putting some trips together to wheel in the in the Badlands in North Dakota/Black Hills in SD and further west; Rubicon, Moab, etc.

About my Jeep:
I Ordered a '19 Sting Grey JLUR 3.6 auto 6 weeks ago and took delivery two weeks ago. I worked with Tony at Luther in Brookdale, who sold me my '14 JKUR.

Based on the map that another member created, I called around to all of the Jeep dealers in the cities and one in Rochester, but nobody would get close to the 5-7% off invoice I saw other forum members reporting. I pulled together some evidence from the forum and ultimately negotiated 5% under invoice plus another 1% for Tread Lightly and an Extra $1000 off for FCA loyalty from the Luther in Brookdale. I will help anyone do this and already helped two guys from the forum in MN. If you're interested, hit me up and I'll intro you to Tony and help you get all the discounts available. I can't say enough about how great Tony has been to work with on my project. Total stud.

About my build project:
Last week I installed the 3.5" Geolift from Maximus 3 with Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks and 38" Patagonias on 17" black Hutchison Rockmonster bead locks. This kit is a geometry correction, high steer kit with a YETI drag link. Part of the project included adding the Warn Zeon 10s winch to the Steel bumper group and this week I installed an ARB dual compressor onboard air system with an air delivery system to air-up/air-down all four tires to preset PSI. I'm also using the Taser JL to adjust for bigger tires and play around with other options and settings. Keeps me busy for hours...

I ordered the full belly pan skid plate, the skid plate for the Front Axel Disconnect, and the rear diff skid plate system from MetalCloak. The belly pan skid had a 3 week lead time, and it all shows up next week. I'm also trying to order the spare tire carrying kit from Maximus-3 (Matt tells me it will be available to order this week).

With 38" tires, I anticipated some rubbing with the inner fenders, but there is zero. No rubbing on the front bumper at full turn either (unlike my JK with 35"s). Anticipating this (and for purely aesthetic reasons), I looked for aftermarket front fenders (saw some on YouTube videos from Sema) where the fender itself looks stock, but there is a slimmer LED Daytime Running Light/turn signal and trimmed inner fenders. I couldn't find any I liked which retained the horizontal LED until I watched a video from Brit at American Adventure Lab (https://americanadventurelab.com). These things look sick and are extremely well designed, retaining the horizontal LED while removing the inner fenders. I ordered a set two weeks ago and they will be here in a couple more weeks.

This build was initially planned to keep me busy over the Spring and Summer but I decided to head out to Moab in April, so I had to accelerate my plans a bit. I'll add some auxiliary lights (probably a pair of Baja Design LP6s, and a smaller BD Squadron on the spare tire carrier), and there are some other bits and pieces too.

Send me a note if I can help you with your JL or Gladiator order or if you are interested in organizing some outings.

IMG_2338.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3e1.jpeg

IMG_2344.JPG
Where did you get the Zeon from. Looking to also purchase it. What winch plate did you use?
Sponsored