Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, Mopar beadlocks, Mopar 2” lift w/ Fox shocks and 37” BFG’s:

6B47E13B-BEA4-4911-81E5-9550EB1F0F3F.jpeg
Oh shit this is at Larry H Miller .... thats where I get my JK serviced. I should go down and check it out.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The tire clearance on the 37s and a 2" lift makes me worry that 35s and a 2" lift will look like a rollerskate. I'm torn between wanting 37s and 35s. 37s look so nice but I don't want to kill my gas mileage or power. I don't want to regear this time. Also can rubicon axles handle 37s without beefing the axles up?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
The tire clearance on the 37s and a 2" lift makes me worry that 35s and a 2" lift will look like a rollerskate. I'm torn between wanting 37s and 35s. 37s look so nice but I don't want to kill my gas mileage or power. I don't want to regear this time. Also can rubicon axles handle 37s without beefing the axles up?
Do no lift and 35s .... IMO that the perfect middle if your worried about 37s.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Maybe but I suspect the 35s will rub under hard flex. I could probably use the extra aproach and depart angles too. We shall see.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
someone posted some pics of stock
go check it out and drive it, i would love your thoughts... I drove it Saturday. See what you think of how the 37’s look on a 2”. I have the same concern of a 35” on 2”... 35’s almost look a little on the small side. I showed my 10 year daughter a pic of a 35” on 2” lift and she said “it looks a little funny dad, tires might be to small”... LOL. Gotta love the honesty of kids.

Jeepin Jason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 XJ, '16 JKURHR
That white one has BFG Krawlers. I certainly wouldn't test drive it and think that's how all 37s will handle... even being blue labels, Krawlers are hardly what I'd consider for a daily driver tire, much less for highway use. Krawlers, even blue labels, are competition tires. I really can't believe a dealership put those tires on a JLUR. Might as well put Super Swamper Boggers on it for all the good they'll be on the street. If the dealership doesn't end up swapping them before selling the Jeep, whoever buys it will likely end up swapping the tires themselves pretty quickly if they daily driver it, either because they can't stand the tires on the road or because they've already burned them down on the street.

Personally I don't think 2" and 35s looks all that goofy on a Rubicon model, and to get full suspension flex without damaging the flares you'll probably want the bumpstops from the 2" kit anyway. This green JLUR that Jeep showed off is running their 2" Mopar lift with 35" tires.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-Rubicon-by-Mopar-3-5771-default-large.jpg

Jeepin Jason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 XJ, '16 JKURHR
Besides a 3 inch lift, do you need anything else to fit and run 37s? On a JLRU?
You'll probably want/need to fit a HD/adjustable tire mount, like their Mopar hinge carrier kit (see green JLUR above).

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Any issues getting that 37 on the tailgate? I saw a vid saying a 35 was tough.

Great looking JL!

This isn’t mine - was just sharing the pics.

Maybe try contacting the dealership or the employee who posted these on IG.

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I really can't believe a dealership put those tires on a JLUR.

This green JLUR that Jeep showed off is running their 2" Mopar lift with 35" tires.

Agreed, I was surprised to see that a dealership mounted blue label krawlers on a brand new Jeep.

The stance on that mojito looks really good. The BFG MT’s tend to run a little small, so any 35’s would look good w/ the 2” lift IMO.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Any issues getting that 37 on the tailgate? I saw a vid saying a 35 was tough.

Great looking JL!
The third pic of the white Jeep shows the heavy duty tire carrier. Stock tail gate hinges are body color. The heavy duty tire carrier is black.

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Rugged Ridge just put this JLUR together w/ Drakon wheels (20x9), 2 inch Mopar lift and 37” tires:

3BB757C4-A4E1-464B-A69D-D3FA8F232DEA.jpeg
Dang, thanks for posting, that does look like a toy, in a good way!:) 37's on the 2" Mopar actually look really good...

I went to the dealership last night again to look at that white Rubi w/ 37" crawlers and one of their top mechanics thats a big Jeeper just bought a Rubicon last night and was installing a 2" MOpar on his personal jeep with 37" KM2's and keeping the stock wheels with TerraFlex wheel spacers... i will post a pic of it today when i check it out... he was so impressed by the clearance of the 2" Mopar that he felt comfortable putting on 37 KM2's especially since they are really more like a 36-36.5

i went ahead and pulled the trigger on MasterCraft Courser MXTs last night in a 37x12.5x17 and the 2" MOPAR lift, after looking at one in person i cant get over how awesome the fox shocks look, they are huge in circumference... Love the looks of the MXT and especially how light they are , only 69lbs...

now i just need a good 17" wheel... ideas?:)

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

^

Thanks for sharing all of that great info.

Congrats and great choice on the new tires - you will be impressed w/ them!

Looking forward to seeing the pics!