First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR

It’s nit my JL, but those are the Cooper discovery STT Pro’s:

63317959-6FAF-4876-97BD-042F177F1FEB.jpeg
Thank you, always loved the look of the STT Pro!
Sponsored

billmill57

First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
by not awesome, it simply felt like a ton rubber and weight as i approached 55-65mph, around town the new 8 speed and 3.6 accelerated quite well... i wasn't familiar with the specs on the BF Goodrich Krawler tires that were on that Jeep so i looked it up last night and found out they weigh 83.6 lbs according to tiresize.com... that is a TON of rotating mass... this set up might work a lot better with a light weight tire like the KO2 or Mastercraft Courser MXT... the MXT only weighs in a 37" only weigh 69lbs... Hope to drive one sooner than later or hear someones else experience. Hope this helps...

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Having owned BFG’s, Nitto’s, Toyo’s, etc., without a doubt, the best Mud Tire that I have ever had is the Mastercraft Courser MXT - which is made by Cooper.

Apologies for the JK pic:

989FBF56-4FA4-4E16-91FB-A3DC5042534D.jpeg
CBD89530-3B28-4E33-8F9E-CAB644188BF2.jpeg
My brother had a set of those on a YJ and loved them!

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My brother had a set of those on a YJ and loved them!

I cannot say enough good things about them. Again, after running nearly every single popular name brand MT on a variety of different vehicles, these Mastercraft Courser MXT’s have far exceeded every expectation I have for a MT.

The lighter weight of these tires are great for Jeeps too. On my 1-ton diesel trucks, the weight of the other MT’s was not as much of a concern, but Jeeps certainly respond negatively to the additional weight. With the lighter weight comes a less durable sidewall from their competitors; however, I’m personally not running Moab every weekend and do not need the extremely durable sidewalls and heavier tires.

The icing on the cake is how well and even they are wearing. Without a doubt, I will be staying w/ these tires.

Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
thanks for all the pics, awesome comparison... it crazy how much more room the Rubicon fenders give the 35's and 37's vs the Sport in these pics...
Looks like they are not even the Rubicon fenders, so there is a little more to be had on a Rubi. By the looks of it I would not go beyond 35" with the 2" lift, though.

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Looks like they are not even the Rubicon fenders, so there is a little more to be had on a Rubi. By the looks of it I would not go beyond 35" with the 2" lift, though.
these were Rubicon fenders...

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR

I cannot say enough good things about them. Again, after running nearly every single popular name brand MT on a variety of different vehicles, these Mastercraft Courser MXT’s have far exceeded every expectation I have for a MT.

The lighter weight of these tires are great for Jeeps too. On my 1-ton diesel trucks, the weight of the other MT’s was not as much of a concern, but Jeeps certainly respond negatively to the additional weight. With the lighter weight comes a less durable sidewall from their competitors; however, I’m personally not running Moab every weekend and do not need the extremely durable sidewalls and heavier tires.

The icing on the cake is how well and even they are wearing. Without a doubt, I will be staying w/ these tires.

Thank you for the input man... i am seriously considering them over the STT Pro's in either a 315/70/17 (Only 62lbs) and also a 37/12.5/17 (only 69 lbs)... Heck the 37's are similar in weight to many companies 35's... the biggest consideration for me is the weight, great looks, performance and the D rating... like you said, these jeeps are not 7500lb turbo diesels... i love the look of them.. i know many buy them for the price, i personally dont get hung up on 50-70.00 per tire since we end up having them so long, but the D rating, weight, looks and performance are what grab me...

Because the 37" MXT's are only really 36.69" and so light, they actually might work with the 2" lift, especially if its not an extreme rock crawler but more of a weekend warrior and DD...

OP
OP
ZeeCutt

ZeeCutt

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLUR
Need your input guys, found some MXT's in a 37X12.5X17 that i can get for 238.00 per tires, that includes shipping and taxes.. only 1190.00 for the whole set of 5... the 35's version of this MXT are only 8.00 less per tires... i am trapped between which ones i want on my New Rubi JL... the 35's are only 62lbs and would ride really nice compared to stock, the 37's are 69lbs and simply look a little cooler and would be a bit better off-road... trade off's right? i would welcome your input, especially if you have some experience... i am only going to do a 2" or 3" lift...
Sponsored