Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Finally completed my CMX-660 install.
Aux Audio runs under the center console and plugs into media center in dash.
I wanted to keep this as simple and out of site. I don't use it much, but when needed, it's there.
I'll have to grab a pic of the Firestik antenna mounted on the JCR Bumper. Worked out quite well. Actually have it on a quick disconnect and Spring.

img_6322-jpg.jpg

?temp_hash=28054b1ac6eb72b80c790f06013645ee.jpg
Sponsored

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR 2 Door, 21 JLU TD, 06 GC, 54 Willys SW
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
That looks good. My only concern would be air circulation to keep it cool. It may generate a bit of heat when it's turned on.

JonW

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socallx.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 2006 Toyota PreRunner, Researching a JL
That looks good. My only concern would be air circulation to keep it cool. It may generate a bit of heat when it's turned on.
Most radios don't generate much heat when only listening. The heat is generated when transmitting. If your transmit duty cycle is pretty low, it will be fine. If you're a chatterbox, it could be a problem.

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
Most radios don't generate much heat when only listening. The heat is generated when transmitting. If your transmit duty cycle is pretty low, it will be fine. If you're a chatterbox, it could be a problem.
I guess time will tell.

Sponsored

jeepdriver99

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired, W8BWD
THAT will teach me. I didn't realize (didn't even cross my mind) that its a CB. 4 watts, you're both right that it shouldn't be a problem.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I wanted to keep this as simple and out of site. I don't use it much, but when needed, it's there.
I'll have to grab a pic of the Firestik antenna mounted on the JCR Bumper. Worked out quite well. Actually have it on a quick disconnect and Spring.

img_6322-jpg.jpg

Off topic, what kind seat cover is it? looks pretty nice and fits well

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic, what kind seat cover is it? looks pretty nice and fits well
The Seat Covers are Rixxu.

https://www.carid.com/rixxu/rixxu-classic-series-seat-covers-469994768.html

I searched for some time and these kept coming up. I like them as they do not cover the Molle panel on the back of the Rubicon seat. My only dislike is not the cover, but the fact that I'm over 6' and the seat needs to retract more. Installing the cover inhibits this but it's a very small change.

JonW

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socallx.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 2006 Toyota PreRunner, Researching a JL
THAT will teach me. I didn't realize (didn't even cross my mind) that its a CB. 4 watts, you're both right that it shouldn't be a problem.
LOL, yeah, thinking it was a HAM radio it would likely be a problem there. 25-50 watts on a HAM doesn't take kindly to small spaces.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘73 CJ5, ‘19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

img_6322-jpg.jpg

That is a clean install. How did you run your power and antenna? I assume you drilled a hole in the side of the storage compartment. Did you run into any issues? I expect that it has double walls.

OP
OP
ZeroFox

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
That is a clean install. How did you run your power and antenna? I assume you drilled a hole in the side of the storage compartment. Did you run into any issues? I expect that it has double walls.
Taking the center console out of the vehicle was the easy part. Tearing it down sucked. Almost every screw had to come out to gain the access I wanted to mount the CB Mount Bracket. I also had to install a 90* Coax adapter to fit it in. It was a single ply of material at that point, and nothing went thru the outer shell so it's a clean look. The Coax is run under the carpet aft along passenger side to the drain plug in the rear. The PWR/GND are run forward along the console/under carpet. There is a ground stud at the base of the center pedestal, and the power wire is tied into the extra Ignition wire supplied with the Aux Switch Panel Option(or maybe these are standard?)

The Antenna was mounted to an existing hole in the JCR Bumper. Installed a heavy duty stud mount, quick release, and spring for the Firestik 4' antenna. Wishing I would have went 3' so I could leave it on to get it in the garage, but it will all be mute once the Rhino Rack is installed.

img_6305-jpg.jpg

img_6333-jpg.jpg

img_6334-jpg.jpg
Sponsored