Hello From Bestop!

Muoma

First Name
Reading
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport Bright White, 2018 Mercedes C300, 2010 Lexus GX460
Dear Bestop, please do another discount on the Sunrider for hardtop JL. For those of us that are vertically blessed, but on a budget. I would REALLY love the extra headroom it provides, even when closed.

SECOND that!!!!
Sponsored

TDS

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Commercial Project Superintendent
I am on the discount band wagon! I was in already in deep into the wallet doing the lift and such when the first $200.00 discount was offered. I have a hard time paying full boat when I know it can be sold for $200.00 less. Its winter, so I am in no hurry.

pcpopcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Firecracker Red
Dear Bestop, please do another discount on the Sunrider for hardtop JL. For those of us that are vertically blessed, but on a budget. I would REALLY love the extra headroom it provides, even when closed.
I'm with you on this one.We watched the LiteBrite video but our 2 door was on order and it took forever .We want the Deal Price to place an order.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
I was really hoping for news of a fully convertible Trektop NX Gluide similar to what’s available for the JKU but got tired of waiting. Broke down and bought a second hand premium soft top for a steel. Bestop...you guys are losing customers like me daily due to lack of communication and delayed product development/deployment. I do however love your products. Maybe when the top I bought wears out in eight years I’ll be back in the market lol.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey there!

We have never confirmed that we will be making a Glide option for the JL, first up was Sunrider for Hardtop and Trektop. That's not to say we wont have one when you come back in 8 years ;)

We are working as fast as we can to get quality products to the market for JL owners, just as everything great in life - it takes time.

CassieAtBestop

I was really hoping for news of a fully convertible Trektop NX Glide similar to what’s available for the JKU but got tired of waiting. Broke down and bought a second hand premium soft top for a steel. Bestop...you guys are losing customers like me daily due to lack of communication and delayed product development/deployment. I do however love your products. Maybe when the top I bought wears out in eight years I’ll be back in the market lol.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Hey there!

We have never confirmed that we will be making a Glide option for the JL, first up was Sunrider for Hardtop and Trektop. That's not to say we wont have one when you come back in 8 years ;)

We are working as fast as we can to get quality products to the market for JL owners, just as everything great in life - it takes time.

CassieAtBestop
Any update on the retractable sunshade for the new JL?

Sponsored

Buckeyedave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I was really hoping for news of a fully convertible Trektop NX Gluide similar to what’s available for the JKU but got tired of waiting. Broke down and bought a second hand premium soft top for a steel. Bestop...you guys are losing customers like me daily due to lack of communication and delayed product development/deployment. I do however love your products. Maybe when the top I bought wears out in eight years I’ll be back in the market lol.
You do know the premium top that you just bought is made by Bestop, right? So technically they did not lose you as a customer.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
You do know the premium top that you just bought is made by Bestop, right? So technically they did not lose you as a customer.
Yes they did...I didn’t buy it from them. So $1,400 to $2,000 that would have been spent on an aftermarket solution went to some guy in Raleigh, NC that had it sitting in his garage. It could have easily remained in his garage.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on the retractable sunshade for the new JL?
Well then I made the right decision. I’m not a fan of the non-retractable trek top
Hey there!

CassieAtBestop
Thank you for confirming I made the right decision. I’m not a fan of the non-retractable Trektop. Not sure why Best Top would not produce the retractable version but I’ll leave that to you guys as I imagine it’s based on lack of sales success on for JK platform

Rubi22

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Well then I made the right decision. I’m not a fan of the non-retractable trek top

Thank you for confirming I made the right decision. I’m not a fan of the non-retractable Trektop. Not sure why Best Top would not produce the retractable version but I’ll leave that to you guys as I imagine it’s based on lack of sales success on for JK platform
I want a fully retractable one too. I got a reply from Best Top last week stating they have no plan at the moment to even make one available. I will keep checking the for any made by others vendor instead of paying for only half of what I really want in a soft top. Only other option is removing the Trek top completely but have been told it’s a pain to remove.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want a fully retractable one too. I got a reply from Best Top last week stating they have no plan at the moment to even make one available. I will keep checking the for any made by others vendor instead of paying for only half of what I really want in a soft top. Only other option is removing the Trek top completely but have been told it’s a pain to remove.
Had a trek for my JK so I can confirm removal is not a simple thing. I speculate that the didn’t sell a lot of the retractible models for the JK because of the cost.
Sponsored