Plug and play fog lights

Cicero

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 3.6
So I recently purchased a Go Rhino stubby bumper for my 2 door JL Sport S 3.6.

The bumper has a spot for a 20 inch led bar I intend to take advantage of, my initial thought was finding a plug and play solution and using the fog light button for the 20 inch. I’m realizing this likely isn’t possible.

So, I’m planning on wiring a 20 inch bar up to an after market switch but I seeing as my fog lights won’t work with this bumper I don’t want a useless button on my Jeep.

Is there maybe a set of led cubes or maybe led rounds that I can plug and play connect to the factory fog harness so I can still utilize the factory fog button and then mount on the hoop of the bumper?

I can’t seem to find anything for this specific scenario so anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
We actually have a few options that would work for you.

Our CUBE, 6CUBE and Revolver lights all have a plug and play feature for the JL and its quite popular for aftermarket bumpers which eliminate the factory fog light. As well as our Prismatic series and Black series CUBEs.

A forum member recently posted about them here

We also have a few nice 20" LED bar options. The Prismatic series and Pro series match really well with the CUBEs.

We also have 20% off until the end of the month, with discount code "holiday2018",

Even better, we have 30% off on the Prismatic series until Sunday the 23rd with code "prismatic".

All the lights are in stock and ready to ship.

OP
OP

Cicero

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 3.6

Our CUBE, 6CUBE and Revolver lights all have a plug and play feature for the JL and its quite popular for aftermarket bumpers which eliminate the factory fog light. As well as our Prismatic series and Black series CUBEs.

We also have a few nice 20" LED bar options. The Prismatic series and Pro series match really well with the CUBEs.

We also have 20% off until the end of the month, with discount code "holiday2018",

Even better, we have 30% off on the Prismatic series until Sunday the 23rd with code "prismatic".

Thanks for the reply and information. I do have one question, how do they work? Typically with anything Jeep mod related I watch some YouTube videos about the mod I want to do. I can’t seem to find anything video install wise for your guys. Or anything about what the harness looks like.

Thanks

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
Thanks for the reply and information. I do have one question, how do they work? Typically with anything Jeep mod related I watch some YouTube videos about the mod I want to do. I can’t seem to find anything video install wise for your guys. Or anything about what the harness looks like.

Thanks

The plug and play lights literally plug right into the factory plug for the foglights and you mount them to your bumper. Install is done. Shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to bolt up and plug in.

If you’re asking about the light bar you have an option for a normal wire harness which includes a switch, relay, and fuse. Or anharness to connect to the oem aux switch if yours is equipped with that.

There should be some info posted on forums for what not but if you have specific questions I can help.

Big Mo

First Name
99ProblemsJeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL

@InspiredEngineering You sold me! I have this same bumper and want to add cubes behind the mesh. I'm ordering now!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cicero

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 3.6
@InspiredEngineering You sold me! I have this same bumper and want to add cubes behind the mesh. I'm ordering now!
Please post some pics and how it works when you install! I keep trying to find stuff about that bumper but there isn’t much. I’m waiting until the spring to install it so I’m trying to find out what I wanna do lighting wise before then.

Big Mo

First Name
99ProblemsJeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Please post some pics and how it works when you install! I keep trying to find stuff about that bumper but there isn’t much. I’m waiting until the spring to install it so I’m trying to find out what I wanna do lighting wise before then.
Will do. I haven't gotten the lights in yet. Hopefully soon. II've got a winch and the bumper, just waiting for the lights to go on at the same time!

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
I tried to attach higher wattage LED lights to the LED light plug under the front bumper and noticed that the lights cut out after a few second. Looks like there is some kind of protection circuit? Has anybody else noticed this?

Big Mo

First Name
99ProblemsJeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Installed the Go Rhino stubby front bumper and two @InspiredEngineering cube lights with plug and play floods to replace the fogs. I had to remove the harness from the old plastic bumper for the plug and play to work, but it works like a charm by pushing the fog light button on the dash.

20190121_202812.jpg

20190121_202714.jpg

20190121_202705.jpg

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed the Go Rhino stubby front bumper and two @InspiredEngineering cube lights with plug and play floods to replace the fogs. I had to remove the harness from the old plastic bumper for the plug and play to work, but it works like a charm by pushing the fog light button on the dash.

20190121_202812.jpg

20190121_202714.jpg

20190121_202705.jpg
Do you know the wattage of the cube lights you are using?

Sponsored

Big Mo

First Name
99ProblemsJeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Do you know the wattage of the cube lights you are using?
I got the 6Cubes.
18W total power (6CUBE)
16W total power (CUBE)
OSRAM LEDs
Current draw 1.38A @ 12V, and .675A @24V (6CUBE)
Current draw 1.34A @ 12V, and .67A @24V (CUBE)
Compatible with 12V and 24V systems.
I haven't tested the draw myself yet, but I let them run for about 15 minutes, didn't seem to loose any power or flicker.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the 6Cubes.
18W total power (6CUBE)
16W total power (CUBE)
OSRAM LEDs
Current draw 1.38A @ 12V, and .675A @24V (6CUBE)
Current draw 1.34A @ 12V, and .67A @24V (CUBE)
Compatible with 12V and 24V systems.
I haven't tested the draw myself yet, but I let them run for about 15 minutes, didn't seem to loose any power or flicker.
Thanks, my round LED lights have 60W each, that may just be too much for the fog light circuit. I use one of the AUX switches instead.

Anyway, good to know the fog light switch will work with 18W lights.

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I used Inspired Engineering’s Revolver floods since my bumper deleted the factory fogs. Really simple install and adds a lot of light. They use the fog light harness and switch, so I still have the aux switches available. Quality kit!

5A6D7D8C-1CBB-4CB9-A752-004F3BAEACED.jpeg

F4135DAC-576A-446D-8C83-505E073BFF70.jpeg

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The plug and play lights literally plug right into the factory plug for the foglights and you mount them to your bumper. Install is done. Shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to bolt up and plug in.

If you’re asking about the light bar you have an option for a normal wire harness which includes a switch, relay, and fuse. Or anharness to connect to the oem aux switch if yours is equipped with that.

There should be some info posted on forums for what not but if you have specific questions I can help.
What if I wanted to put plug and play lights up on the hood to the side of the windshield (lots of mounting options) is the wiring long enough for that? I guess I could drag the fog light wire out and up to meet in the middle?

StingJL918

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
So I recently purchased a Go Rhino stubby bumper for my 2 door JL Sport S 3.6.

The bumper has a spot for a 20 inch led bar I intend to take advantage of, my initial thought was finding a plug and play solution and using the fog light button for the 20 inch. I’m realizing this likely isn’t possible.

So, I’m planning on wiring a 20 inch bar up to an after market switch but I seeing as my fog lights won’t work with this bumper I don’t want a useless button on my Jeep.

Is there maybe a set of led cubes or maybe led rounds that I can plug and play connect to the factory fog harness so I can still utilize the factory fog button and then mount on the hoop of the bumper?

I can’t seem to find anything for this specific scenario so anything would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you end up putting fog lights behind the mesh grill? How did you like the rhino bumper? Got any pics?
Sponsored