OEM MOPAR LED FOG lights NOT plug and play

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
For those who are considering the OEM MOPAR LED FOG lights and installing them onto a vehicle that had halogen from the factory here is my experience:

Many websites claim 'plug and play' but this was not the case for me. I picked up some MOPAR led fog takeoffs from a Sahara with LED from the factory. When installed into my 2020 Sahara bumper with halogen from factory the fog lights would flicker at certain engine rpm settings (Very annoying). I have since fixed this by setting my fog lights to LED using JSCAN. In addition, the MOPAR fogs look great with the yellow LaminX film!

IMG_1573.jpg

tempImagegJVELu.png
Sponsored

4x4snowmachinejeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler 4xe White
Occupation
Travel Industry
For those who are considering the OEM MOPAR LED FOG lights and installing them onto a vehicle that had halogen from the factory here is my experience:

Many websites claim 'plug and play' but this was not the case for me. I picked up some MOPAR led fog takeoffs from a Sahara with LED from the factory. When installed into my 2020 Sahara bumper with halogen from factory the fog lights would flicker at certain engine rpm settings (Very annoying). I have since fixed this by setting my fog lights to LED using JSCAN. In addition, the MOPAR fogs look great with the yellow LaminX film!

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM MOPAR LED FOG lights NOT plug and play tempImagegJVELu

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM MOPAR LED FOG lights NOT plug and play tempImagegJVELu
Hi,
are you saying because I have a sport with Halogen group the dealership will not be able to code my led fogs from the Mopar OEM steel bumper group ?

OP
OP

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
You will need to change the carā€™s settings to ā€˜LEDā€™ For the fog lights by using a tool such as JSCAN if you donā€™t want flickering

OP
OP

whoisphilli

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
Hi,
are you saying because I have a sport with Halogen group the dealership will not be able to code my led fogs from the Mopar OEM steel bumper group ?
The dealership should be able to do it. I avoid the dealership at all costs and try to figure it out on my own.
Sponsored