What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Still waiting on JCR to ship my Bumper, the winch is waiting on the floor
Skyjacker 2 1/2" lift and ko2 285 70 17 from the factory for those interested.
Yes I'm one of those guys with 33 and 2 1/2 the dog can only jump so high,
Great idea ! I have been wondering how / where to mount my axe.
Thanks.
Every Jeep should have Gransfors Bruk axe ! Sometimes you just gotta clear the small trees that have grown in the trail.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I thought the Jack Reacher clip was well used.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Not sure that is needed or even feasable, the front wall pins are a little off, I have tried adjustments so there is no way plasti dip will work on those unless I drill out. I will wait and see if there is any squeaks first
Works just fine. I did mine before the install.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same one and love it except it seems like the sag in the front when the top is on gets worse by the day
I noticed a bit of sag overhead as well... I pulled the front more towards the windshield & it's tightened up a bit... Less sagging, but I don't think it's gonna be an issue. I'm only 5'8" & my head doesn't touch the top, but if I had a giant Oscar Gamble afro it could be a problem. Dated reference for many... by now you've checked the Google & should get a chuckle out of it.

I haven't had a chance to road-test it, but I will tomorrow. Aesthetically, it beats the alternative...the Styrofoam roof.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Finally replaced my busted-ass windshield that's been cracking more than Amy Winehouse on a bad day. Glass deductible insurance for the win. I now can see through a fresh, clean, flawless windshield for the next several hours.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Works just fine. I did mine before the install.
Most have the room and could be dipped however the passenger side where the subwoofer is the frame is too tight against the sub and does not allow the holes to like up well, I have to force the pins in on the front wall. If I plasti dipped those three pins the paint would just scrape off. maybe this is just a subwoofer thing that they need to tweak. I am also concerned that the wall frame is up against the sub and will likely damage the sub cover from movement. Alan said to put gasket there but it is too tight.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Installed the metalcloak gamechanger rocksport, FAD skid and steering stabilizer relocation bracket, and Sunday night did the bumper with x20. Planning on doing the MC skids tomorrow and regear to 5.13s on the 23rd. Just rolled over 90 miles. Alignment tomorrow

Brett

C5C021A2-BE81-4FEA-9865-B5106CDAB815.jpeg

0DF68AC0-7D08-4423-8919-99405E191AD5.jpeg

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Thanks to the unusually warm weather, I get to start installing my BF/CM purchases sooner than expected.

Out with the old,
old exhaust.jpg

In with the new. (Borla Climber Cat back)
borla.jpg

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, sorry I missed the rack!
I give him kudos for inventing different things.
I do however caution building and using things that might endanger other motorists in case their in a chance of breakdown. Not saying this is the case here but with a purchased product you have their company to fall back on if a failure happens.

I myself did not buy a $55,000 well tuned machine to throw homebuilt items on it. I am 56 now and have been through all of that in the past when I was much younger, poorer and inclined to build my own things.

I have also learned the trait of patience over the years and now know how to simply wait until I can afford what I want to add! I have also learned the fine art of shopping for a better deal on a good product and not needing top brand items just for a brand name.

This guy must be a real hoot on social media if he gets upset over a little comment though!

Well... forgive me for being glib.

#1 - You are correct. My comment was not a compliment. However, nor was it a derogatory statement. I simply asked if you were kidding about your "DIY Grab Handle" made from a carabiner and zip ties purchased at Harbor Freight. Apparently, you were not. And believe it or not, that would have been the end of it for me because I honestly had zero intention of telling you how ridiculous I think it is. Especially when there is a veritable plethora of affordable grab handles on the market.

#2 - Regarding your comments about my build... Anything you put on a Jeep will cost more than our first cars. My first car was a Pontiac Astre with a primer coat paint job for $600. That being said, $600 buys a lot of stuff at Harbor Freight.

#3 - Who cares how many posts I have or how long I've been on the forum. 'Macht nichts...'

#4 - Your comment about me "obviously not being a DIY Hack kind of guy." You are absolutely correct. I don't 'hack' anything. Btw, there is a difference between a clever hack and a hack job.

#5 - This is a public forum. Being as such, when you put yourself out there you need to be able to accept that not everybody is going to agree with your opinions. As I mentioned before, I had no intentions of publicly lambasting your beloved hacks but since you're making it such a big deal out of it...

*** Remember... You wanted this. ***

#6 - Your homemade roof rack is comical. It's downright awful and one of the silliest things I've ever seen. But who cares what I think, right? You pride yourself on all the 'hacks' you've posted on the forum. Well, you nailed it with this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/diy-no-hole-roof-rails.10580/#post-253825. That roof rack is the crème de le crème of hack jobs. But hey... you do you. And please... don't ever remove the thread link to your homemade roof rack. Let it stand as a symbol of your rugged individualism. The indomitable pioneering spirit that sets you apart from "the people who just buy things and put them on their Jeep". As for me? I'm just going to order a professional, quality made product that won't fall apart the first time I load something on it and drive away at anything faster than neighborhood speeds.

#7 - No, I don't walk around with my tail tucked between my legs.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Therefore, Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you: RussJeep1's, "Built - Not Bought" roof rack/grab handle combo set. It is the "Pièce De Résistance" of homemade wizardry.

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2758.jpg

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the metalcloak gamechanger rocksport, FAD skid and steering stabilizer relocation bracket, and Sunday night did the bumper with x20. Planning on doing the MC skids tomorrow and regear to 5.13s on the 23rd. Just rolled over 90 miles. Alignment tomorrow

Brett

C5C021A2-BE81-4FEA-9865-B5106CDAB815.jpeg

0DF68AC0-7D08-4423-8919-99405E191AD5.jpeg