Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

No timing has been announced on any of the products, as soon as they tell me timing you will be the first to know!

CassieAtBestop
Can we at least know what the major new was?

There was 2 things posted on facebook. Sneak peek of products we knew were coming and discounts on accessories incompatible with the JL.

Was the announcement delayed or was it it?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The announcement was the line-up of products for the JL by us and our family brands.

CassieAtBestop

jasceni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Ocean Blue

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep, but the price point of $899 is nice! This will hopefully bring down the insane prices that guys are trying to get for factory soft tops on craigslist.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Yep, but the price point of $899 is nice! This will hopefully bring down the insane prices that guys are trying to get for factory soft tops on craigslist.
Especially since you don't get warranty on second hand stuff even if its new in box. Seeing all these OEM soft top issues would make me think twice even if it was $1k.

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What are the differences between OEM soft top and the Bestop besides the fastback style? What am I giving up? Price seems too good to be true.

I have JL 2-door soft top for my son, and it’s really functional and fun. I bought myself a 4-door hard top. Love the hard top right now, but looking forward to having the option as soon as it warms up.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
What are the differences between OEM soft top and the Bestop besides the fastback style? What am I giving up? Price seems too good to be true.

I have JL 2-door soft top for my son, and it’s really functional and fun. I bought myself a 4-door hard top. Love the hard top right now, but looking forward to having the option as soon as it warms up.
It is frameless and doesn’t go down. So, sunrider and safari mode, only. Wild ass guess, but probably not as beefy sailcloth which would translate to louder, hotter, and colder. Maybe a JK owner with this top can confirm or deny my guess.

No idea how windows store (can they roll?)

I can tell you this: the premium soft top (also made by Bestop) is fantastic. MOPAR window bag is a must.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bamchenry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, '18 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It is frameless and doesn’t go down. So, sunrider and safari mode, only. Wild ass guess, but probably not as beefy sailcloth which would translate to louder, hotter, and colder. Maybe a JK owner with this top can confirm or deny my guess.

No idea how windows store (can they roll?)

I can tell you this: the premium soft top (also made by Bestop) is fantastic. MOPAR window bag is a must.
Thanks. I guess it was a newbie Jeep owner question. Appreciate the clarification!

Not sure if it’s a dealbreaker or not. Based on how we used the soft top on the 2-door, I’m thinking probably not.

angmartz

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Any updates on a release date? Had one on my JK and am interested in getting one for the JL now. Thanks!!