Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
A93F5C95-C784-4C0A-9D78-857B87C8765B.jpeg
For any on the fence, I thought I might add my little review of the Trektop NX.
I received the top in one big box, all the hardware was nicely separated from the software.
The sealing frame rails that go behind the jeeps doors can be assembled in your house or workshop. It is not hard just a bit time consuming. The rest of the assembly is on your Jeep, again not hard just a bit bulky and time consuming. I had around 3 hours(with a rain break) involved. FYI Tarps are your friend

I have seen some complaints about the directions, for the most part I found them pretty well done, they lay out the parts and tools required for each step.
The only part I had any issue with was when putting the spars across the top of the jeep. I had put them 1 mounting point to far forward. I through I might be wrong, so youtube it is(in fairness it was threatening rain and I was rushing and may not have read all the directions). There is a very nice video that cleared it all up. The rest went together easily.

The assembly could be done by an individual but 2 makes it a lot easier as well as faster.
I got the higher end Twill and find the fabric to be awesome. The fitment is spot on and I am really satisfied with the NX top.

The only problem I have encountered is the seal at the bottom of the rear window bar, it tends to want to pop off when the tailgate isn't shut holding it in place. Nothing a little silicon won't fix.

It has now been through 2 big storms both sitting and driving without a drop of leakage. The sound level is only slightly higher than my hard top, except it does seem that large tractor and trailers appear to be louder when passing, guessing their height has something to do with that. I have not experienced any flapping of the sides or rear and regularly use my cell(Bluetooth to uconnect of course) for calls without having to yell or crank the volume. The only flapping problem I have experienced was when I got directly behind a tractor and trailer at about 70mph, the top wanted to flap in the center causing the framework and joints for the sunrider section to clank and bang. I spaced back from him/her and it went right away.

Overall I'm very happy with the top and feel like Bestop made a good product for the price. (Yes I'm not to fond of the white Bestop lettering but in all fairness every add on part I've put on has the makers name on it pretty predominantly, I figure a little black paint will fix that)
Sponsored

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S (previously 2008 JKU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sport)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase
have you had any luck getting the seal to stay on the bar yet? Mine falls half way off every time I open the rear door...

OP
OP

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
have you had any luck getting the seal to stay on the bar yet? Mine falls half way off every time I open the rear door...
I kinda had to push it up into place several times in the beginning but now it seems to stay. I still (through habit ) squeeze Up on it each time I open the tail. Never got around to siliconing it. So I guess it never got to be a pain. It hasn’t really dropped down any since the first little bit.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Call @BestopTeam and tell them your issue. They will send you a new bar with the seal made as a single piece as opposed to what you have now.

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase
Call @BestopTeam and tell them your issue. They will send you a new bar with the seal made as a single piece as opposed to what you have now.
I may have to find their number and call them. Looks like they haven't been on this forum since July 10.

My seal just doesn't want to stay attached. I've only had the Trektop since beginning of June, and this is what happens every time I open the rear door...

Trektop.jpg

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I may have to find their number and call them. Looks like they haven't been on this forum since July 10.

My seal just doesn't want to stay attached. I've only had the Trektop since beginning of June, and this is what happens every time I open the rear door...

Trektop.jpg
Mine did the same. Their number is
800-845-3567.

Milk Money

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer at GM
Vehicle Showcase