Sponsored

JL Bikini Top Availability?

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
Just wondering if anyone has found an actual bikini top for a JL? preferably waterproof
Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I'm waiting for the Bestop Trextop NX as you can run it as a bikini with the side and rear windows removed. They have the pricing and images on the quadratec website but haven't shipped yet. Hopefully they'll start shipping by Spring.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm waiting for the Bestop Trextop NX as you can run it as a bikini with the side and rear windows removed. They have the pricing and images on the quadratec website but haven't shipped yet. Hopefully they'll start shipping by Spring.
Ditto. I pre-ordered. Originally it was to ship on Dec 24, that has been moved to Jan ... so I suspect they will start making them in March ... hahahah.

In the mean time, because I am fair skinned and prone to skin cancer, I ordered the Alien Shades to at least cut back on the sun. They also make a good color accent for the Jeep.

They also make a one piece, but I liked the look of the open sports bar better.

clfR%tDDR2qzG3tXL4Kxvg.jpg

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke with Bestop and they said spring for JLU bikini top. Lets HOPE! I added a spiderweb shade last year that helped but nothing like my full cover bikini I had on my JKU.

Sponsored

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Ditto. I pre-ordered. Originally it was to ship on Dec 24, that has been moved to Jan ... so I suspect they will start making them in March ... hahahah.

In the mean time, because I am fair skinned and prone to skin cancer, I ordered the Alien Shades to at least cut back on the sun. They also make a good color accent for the Jeep.

They also make a one piece, but I liked the look of the open sports bar better.

clfR%tDDR2qzG3tXL4Kxvg.jpg
Look great dude

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
I've been looking for a bikini top as well, and all i find are meshes, nothing waterproof and nothing that covers the gap between the rollbar and the doorjam.

I was thinking perhaps a Surider top for a hardtop could be used as a bikini top. The only problem, besides being a very expensive solution, is i dont know if there is a way to attach it in the back without a hard top on?

Anyone have any ideas?

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Honestly, I have no idea what takes these companies so long to get products out. It's not like the JL just came out.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
Just spoke with Bestop and they said spring for JLU bikini top. Lets HOPE! I added a spiderweb shade last year that helped but nothing like my full cover bikini I had on my JKU.
I was under the impression that is going to be a mesh bikini top. In one of the Bestop threads Cassie mentioned the “sun” bikini being on the way. So, sadly, I’m not expecting an actual waterproof bikini. I’d be overjoyed if I was wrong, though!

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Yeah, I want a bikini top too for days where there is a forecast of chance for rain.

Sponsored

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru
I put the Bestop Trextop on last weekend... I consider it a bikini with optional rear window coverage if/when needed.... That is also why i didnt buy the upgraded twill version opting for the OPP $800 version

I like it so far

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I've been looking for a bikini top as well, and all i find are meshes, nothing waterproof and nothing that covers the gap between the rollbar and the doorjam.

I was thinking perhaps a Surider top for a hardtop could be used as a bikini top. The only problem, besides being a very expensive solution, is i dont know if there is a way to attach it in the back without a hard top on?

Anyone have any ideas?
I spoke to Bestop customer service a couple of weeks ago about using the Sunrider top as a bikini. I had seen several posts where Bestop stated it could be used with or without the hardtop. At first, they said no, it wouldn't work. However, after several emails coaxing them to investigate further, it was determined that it could, indeed, be used in this manner. Per the installation manual, the back has a clamp that mounts to the sport bar, not the hard top. My only concern was whether the rear seal might need to be augmented due the the absence of the hard top lip.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to Bestop customer service a couple of weeks ago about using the Sunrider top as a bikini. I had seen several posts where Bestop stated it could be used with or without the hardtop. At first, they said no, it wouldn't work. However, after several emails coaxing them to investigate further, it was determined that it could, indeed, be used in this manner. Per the installation manual, the back has a clamp that mounts to the sport bar, not the hard top. My only concern was whether the rear seal might need to be augmented due the the absence of the hard top lip.
I thought I had seen someone modify a JK top but dont recall where. I am sure someone will come out with one soon though. The mesh is nice but your right...down here in Houston it can be completely sunny one minute and downpour the next. Not a big deal but sucks if your not prepared to get you and passengers totally drenched or dont have towels etc.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon