Not open for further replies.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I think we are looking good! I went to my dealership today and got to hang out with my salesman for awhile. We're in a winter storm, so they had no traffic. He checked my status and it indicated that the Jeep was either about to be transported or was on a transport. He told me they bring them to Indy by truck and that once on the truck, they tend to get there pretty quickly. He said Toledo is actually like a hub for FCA. Trains often bring other models there, offload them, and then they truck them to the dealership from there. Anyway, I checked the chat tonight just for the heck of it, and the agent there said it was showing that it was going out on the next truck. I asked if it could already be on a transport, and he said yes, because the tracking isn't that precise. So, anyway, I've got two sources saying the Jeep is either just about to get on the transport, or is already on it. My salesman also said the trucks can arrive anytime, day or night. You know what that means? Yep, I'll be driving by the dealership and looking in the back lot every chance I get. Tomorrow morning is the next opportunity! Lol! I'm going to stalk that lot! He told me that it only takes about 40 minutes to an hour for their crew to prep the vehicle for delivery to me, once he gives it to them.

I'm so excited for you!!!! :champagne::clap::clap::clap::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::jk::camera:

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Mark Gusman at River Oaks said they got these 3 in today. They also have a Sport available.

9A71CAC5-9FDF-41F0-AE76-FA9BBEA2375E.jpeg

E08C263B-E505-4E72-B3C9-4F22AA1D0D9B.jpeg

AE06A8F7-466A-4DF7-B869-8CF6F0785B79.jpeg
I've got a Billet JLUR on order with RO. Went and drove that Granite Rubi this afternoon. It's f'n sweet. Sat in the white one with tan leather. I think it looks way better than the black leather with the red dash. Just my personal preference.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a Billet JLUR on order with RO. Went and drove that Granite Rubi this afternoon. It's f'n sweet. Sat in the white one with tan leather. I think it looks way better than the black leather with the red dash. Just my personal preference.
I'm going by there tomorrow or monday to get my "fix" None are like what I ordered, so no temptation to buy what they have(I ordered 6spd with premium soft top.) I can't wait to see what they look like in person. In pictures they look much more aggressive than the JKUR!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. Most dealerships don't take deliveries on Saturdays because the inventory manager usually is a 40 hour a week job. Additionally, most of the companies that ship the vehicles from the railhead to the dealerships work mon-fri. But, for the JL's, I mentioned this somewhere, some have been coming in on different carriers so it is possible the first few can. After this month, I'd say, they will probably stop that.
My dealer said they get deliveries 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. He said they got a truck, not with Jeeps, but I think Pacificas, at 5am on a Saturday. I wonder if it depends on certain transport companies and the dealership and the arrangement they have?

I crawled all over a Rubi today. I really liked the cloth seats! I also thought the red dash looked amazing, especially with the Silver color of the Rubi. This one didn't have many options beyond the auto tranny, so I'm betting it had a decent price on it. I parked my JKUR right next to it. I've got 33's, but they are narrow, so the tires looked quite a bit bigger on the JL. I also have a 2 inch lift, but the JL looked lifted slightly higher than my JK. I really liked the stance and height. I thought it would be slightly lower than my JK.

md1046swt

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Order Placed!
I am worried about the tan being too light for jeans and then normal wear. Don’t care for the red dash in pictures. That granite Rubi would be my second choice over my order, but I am trying to hold strong.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
My dealer said they get deliveries 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. He said they got a truck, not with Jeeps, but I think Pacificas, at 5am on a Saturday. I wonder if it depends on certain transport companies and the dealership and the arrangement they have?

I crawled all over a Rubi today. I really liked the cloth seats! I also thought the red dash looked amazing, especially with the Silver color of the Rubi. This one didn't have many options beyond the auto tranny, so I'm betting it had a decent price on it. I parked my JKUR right next to it. I've got 33's, but they are narrow, so the tires looked quite a bit bigger on the JL. I also have a 2 inch lift, but the JL looked lifted slightly higher than my JK. I really liked the stance and height. I thought it would be slightly lower than my JK.
Good to know! Thanks for the information

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Jay, What does Pataskala, Ohio beside my order on spreadsheet mean?
Not seeing what you are seeing.

1C4HJXEGXJW113919 40406240 NOTASSN JLJP74 WRANGLER SAHARA UNLIMITED 999.9 4WD 2,018 S E W W PLANT TOLEDO, OH Routing Changed 12/22/17 05:48:00 AM TOLEDO, OH ETA TBD
Order Status Changed 12/22/17 05:48:00 AM TOLEDO, OH ETA TBD
VIN Assignment by MFG 11/10/17 08:02:00 AM TOLEDO, OH ETA TBD

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jay, What does Pataskala, Ohio beside my order on spreadsheet mean?
Sorry, we're working off different versions. That was left over from an older spreadsheet and shouldn't be there. I've cleaned it up and re-uploaded.

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
I'm going by there tomorrow or monday to get my "fix" None are like what I ordered, so no temptation to buy what they have(I ordered 6spd with premium soft top.) I can't wait to see what they look like in person. In pictures they look much more aggressive than the JKUR!
If that white one would have had the cold weather group, I might have just driven it home today.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think we are looking good! I went to my dealership today and got to hang out with my salesman for awhile. We're in a winter storm, so they had no traffic. He checked my status and it indicated that the Jeep was either about to be transported or was on a transport. He told me they bring them to Indy by truck and that once on the truck, they tend to get there pretty quickly. He said Toledo is actually like a hub for FCA. Trains often bring other models there, offload them, and then they truck them to the dealership from there. Anyway, I checked the chat tonight just for the heck of it, and the agent there said it was showing that it was going out on the next truck. I asked if it could already be on a transport, and he said yes, because the tracking isn't that precise. So, anyway, I've got two sources saying the Jeep is either just about to get on the transport, or is already on it. My salesman also said the trucks can arrive anytime, day or night. You know what that means? Yep, I'll be driving by the dealership and looking in the back lot every chance I get. Tomorrow morning is the next opportunity! Lol! I'm going to stalk that lot! He told me that it only takes about 40 minutes to an hour for their crew to prep the vehicle for delivery to me, once he gives it to them.
Let us know how that 6-speed feels.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Is anyone else's sleepless nights just coming from the anticipation of making the first tab other than receiving their actual JL! At work today I actually printed it off and hand wrote my name and info in just to have a moment of relief
It only gets worse once you get to KZ, just hoping it doesn't go to the wrong State!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.