First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Love my Sport S! Rubicon crossed my mind for about 1 second. And most (Rubicon owners) on this forum openly admit that it will never see the off road. And they even mod them. Whatever.

Haven't done super exciting stuff yet but my little brother and I went for some off roading - some of the easier pics are below. This is the Hayman Fire burn area. The trail is Mulbrerry Gulch - not all that simple as in the pics. He has a modified TJ. Waiting for my older brother to finish installing his rebuilt engine in his CJ-7 so we can do more serious stuff and he can pull me out if needed :)

jOIxP6bER7mgasPk0D769A.jpg

K+Eym2nOTWi00FNkANJaXQ.jpg
Sponsored

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
MOAB edition Jeeps welcome here?

33826822-A7EB-490F-BFFF-4A6F0BAC58A4.jpeg

Truth is I went to the dealer with the intention of getting a Rubi but when I saw the MOAB and thought about it... this is my daily driver, I live in Florida where hills don’t even exist and every other dude that drives a Jeep in Miami has a Rubi that is a pavement queen on 38’s... the MOAB was the winner. It costs the same if not more then a Rubi. It’s a SaharaCon if you will. Looks mean and drives like a dream. I can see a minor streak of jealousy when i wave to the Rubi drivers. :giggle:

Last edited:

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
MOAB edition Jeeps welcome here?

33826822-A7EB-490F-BFFF-4A6F0BAC58A4.jpeg

Truth is I went to the dealer with the intention of getting a Rubi but when I saw the MOAB and thought about it... this is my daily driver, I live in Florida where hills don’t even exist and every other dude that drives a Jeep in Miami has a Rubi that is a pavement queen on 38’s... the MOAB was the winner. It costs the same if not more then a Rubi. It’s a SaharaCon if you will. Looks mean and drives like a dream. I can see a minor streak of jealousy when i wave to the Rubi drivers. :giggle:
Currently waiting for my Moab - was shipped 2 days ago so should be soon! I don't mind the Rubicons, but in a test drive the Moab and Sahara drove less like a dump truck (just my opinion).

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Helping to keep this one rolling. Showing support, and so on a Wrangler is a Wrangler is a Wrangler I wave at all of them. I am part of that other group... and think that any Wrangler is bad @ss right off the lot - as long as the highway tires get replaced.
Thanks for the support! I feel the same! They are all nice! Replacing mine soon! (Guy said maybe Thursday!)

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Got a JLU sport on order, hoping for a Christmas delivery! Rubi's are nice, but I can build a sport better for cheaper ;)

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Love my Sport S! Rubicon crossed my mind for about 1 second. And most (Rubicon owners) on this forum openly admit that it will never see the off road. And they even mod them. Whatever.

Haven't done super exciting stuff yet but my little brother and I went for some off roading - some of the easier pics are below. This is the Hayman Fire burn area. The trail is Mulbrerry Gulch - not all that simple as in the pics. He has a modified TJ. Waiting for my older brother to finish installing his rebuilt engine in his CJ-7 so we can do more serious stuff and he can pull me out if needed :)
Hittin’ the trails brotha! I like it!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm currently waiting on my Sport S. It's set to ship on the 8th. Yeah, I think the rubicon looks cool, but I will never use the lockers, so it really is a waste of money (for me).

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently waiting on my Sport S. It's set to ship on the 8th. Yeah, I think the rubicon looks cool, but I will never use the lockers, so it really is a waste of money (for me).
As long as you opted for the “Anti-Slip / LSD” you’ll get your Dana 44HD in the rear. Should be good to go with that.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
As long as you opted for the “Anti-Slip / LSD” you’ll get your Dana 44HD in the rear. Should be good to go with that.
Nope, just a plain auto 3.6 with upgraded wheels and a soft top. I don't need all that stuff. It will see mostly pavement with some overland and dirt roads. I'm just upgrading from my current TJ :)

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, just a plain auto 3.6 with upgraded wheels and a soft top. I don't need all that stuff. It will see mostly pavement with some overland and dirt roads. I'm just upgrading from my current TJ :)
Build it for what you need it for! That’s the glory of it! Will be a nice upgrade from a TJ. My buddy at work has one and he is going to keep his TJ and get a JL.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Build it for what you need it for! That’s the glory of it! Will be a nice upgrade from a TJ. My buddy at work has one and he is going to keep his TJ and get a JL.
Nice! But unfortunately my garage already has a '17 JKU and 04 TJ, so in order to make room for the JL, the TJ drew the short straw!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! But unfortunately my garage already has a '17 JKU and 04 TJ, so in order to make room for the JL, the TJ drew the short straw!
That poor TJ :( Keep the TJ and drive it to and from work.
Sponsored