Sponsored

Has Anyone Ordered and Already Received Mopar LED Head Lights?

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
confirmed, you can order them from the body shop, they told me the replacements are a different part numbers compared to the Mopar 'kit'. Not sure if there is a wiring harness or anything to adapt form the halogens. Proceed with caution.

I asked my dealer today while I was getting an oil change.
Makes sense you can get direct replacements that donā€™t include wiring harness adapters if you want to modify yourself. Did the dealer tell you how much the replacements cost versus the halogen replacement part number?
Sponsored

Firecracker Rubi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No, I didn't ask. I'll be over there this weekend and will ask if the body shop estimator is around.

FishyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If itā€™s helpful, my JLU was in a front end collision last week which damaged the following parts: steel bumper, LED fog lamp, 1 tow hook, grill, fender (upper and lower), LED turn signal, radiator, and LED headlight on the passenger side.

The collision shop said they ordered everything last Thursday and all parts (including LED headlamps) should be at their shop this coming Thursday, making for a 7 day turn around.

I was worried they would have a hard time getting the parts but it sounds like they were able to get everything. Will follow up if that turns out not to be true.

Not sure what additional parts, if any, might be required if switching from non-LED to LED outside of the lamp housing alone.. (wiring harnesses, rom flash or other computer update?)
The LED headlight arrived to the body shop on time, it was not back ordered... though several other parts were. Interested if this could be a successful workaround for those who want an LED conversion.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
The LED headlight arrived to the body shop on time, it was not back ordered... though several other parts were. Interested if this could be a successful workaround for those who want an LED conversion.
I agree. Iā€™m just curious on the cost. The halogen replacement part number comes with the led conversion harnesses. Youā€™d have to make up your own wiring conversion for this part number.

Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
Following - I have both the part numbers for the LED headlights but I havenā€™t been able to find the part number for the wiring harness yet. I was thinking about the same work around to get the LEDs before they were available as a kit.

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
The strange thing about the halos on the Rubi and Sahara is that they are always on. In another thread the OP was trying to turn them off. He turned off the drl setting in UConnect which turned off the fender drl but the halos remained on. What does that mean? Are the halos not programmed as drls? It will be interesting to see how the mopar LED headlights work on the Sport. If the halos are always on, then you may not have to program the drls.
I have the Sahara with NO LEDs. when I purchase these lights in 2024 when they are available will my Sahara support that halo ring like I see on ruby? I sure hope so.

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
I have the Sahara with NO LEDs. when I purchase these lights in 2024 when they are available will my Sahara support that halo ring like I see on ruby? I sure hope so.
I said 2024 to be funny!!!

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
Just FYI I got some take offs and put them on my sport thereā€™s another thread in here about it. The lights will plug in and work on low beam, the only problems are the high beam cuts the low beam off so they arenā€™t usable and the halo lights donā€™t work thereā€™s a pin not open on the harness I guess the adapter listed in the kit addresses these problems

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
still no lights????

Sponsored

Coldsteel86

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I bought some OEM Jeep JL LED Headlights off eBay last couple of weeks. When I receive them they seem to missing parts on bottom. In pictures I looked at. They have some type of cooling fins my lights donā€™t have them. . Does anyone know if they will work without that part. Thanks for your help. Newpee here, To the whole Jeep world. Never owned one before.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I bought some OEM Jeep JL LED Headlights off eBay last couple of weeks. When I receive them they seem to missing parts on bottom. In pictures I looked at. They have some type of cooling fins my lights donā€™t have them. . Does anyone know if they will work without that part. Thanks for your help. Newpee here, To the whole Jeep world. Never owned one before.
Pics of what you saw and what you received?

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
I took that piece off and looking for another way to get the halos to work and it looks important pretty sure thereā€™s a board in there and it plugs into another part of the housing. Not to mention the housing wonā€™t be sealed and youā€™ll get condensation and rain water in there.

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I took that piece off and looking for another way to get the halos to work and it looks important pretty sure thereā€™s a board in there and it plugs into another part of the housing. Not to mention the housing wonā€™t be sealed and youā€™ll get condensation and rain water in there.
That should be the LED module
I think thatā€™s the LED headlight driver module
Sponsored