"I"nspection Hell

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Mojito Rubicon 4dr Soft Top
I know there have been posts of this before but I want to revisit since I have been in Inspection Purgatory for 28 days now. I know I probably cursed myself with the TRMS addition but wanted to get feedback from others who have been in this situation. I have been escalated for 7 days now and have heard nothing except the "right" person is on the case. Any other advice besides sit and watch the rest of these beautiful jeeps being built around me?
Sponsored

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
I was in inspection for 33 days. I spoke with Jeep and they had no idea how much longer so I had them order me another. The second was put to the front of the build line and it passed all inspections and was in transit within a week. In the mean time my first one was shipped and it made the dealer lot first. I spoke with jeep again to see if I should just take that one and it was highly recommended to me to take the second one. My dealer said it was in inspection for a month because it was waiting for transport. That was a line of BS. If it's in inspection for that long there is something serious wrong. What worried me is they wont tell you whats wrong.

OP
OP
Danimalnutz

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. My worry now is if it sits too long I cant order since the banks are closed. I think they will clone it though. I am hoping it is just the TRMS install and not something serious. I am surprised your first one made it to the dealer and recommended not to take it. Kinda scary if something is wrong with it.

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
The problem is knowing whats holding it up. My overall thoughts were, the longer it waits the more serious the quality issue. When I did purchase the second, I firstly looked over the welds to make sure they looked good. I also did a test drive on the highway to make sure the steering was OK. Those were the two major quality complaints I've seen on the boards.

OP
OP
Danimalnutz

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah those are the quality issues I hear too. And to your point too at least knowing makes it feel less like limbo and actual progress. Guess I just have to wait and see if they clone or send to dealer.

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
I feel your pain. I ordered my jeep on 6/8. I contacted Jeep chat today and was told i am in inspection status. I asked how long it has been in inspection status and they said 39 days! They said they were sending my case out for review and mentioned I should hear something from the review team in about 3-5 days...

CatskillsAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Rubicon
My overall thoughts were, the longer it waits the more serious the quality issue.
You know, that would make a lot of sense, and that’s the thought that crossed my mind too when I was in I for two week.
But then I remembered that very little about this production process makes sense, and I stopped fretting... It could take a while for no good reason at all. Just because. ;)

OP
OP
Danimalnutz

Danimalnutz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update after escalating and inspection for 31 days because of the LED light restriction I was moved to KZ then took delivery within a week. NO idea what goes on during inspection but I think some after build stuff like lights and soft top. Apparently it isn't necessarily a mechanical issue can just be something small that FCA is overwhelmed with and just holds you up.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update after escalating and inspection for 31 days because of the LED light restriction I was moved to KZ then took delivery within a week. NO idea what goes on during inspection but I think some after build stuff like lights and soft top. Apparently it isn't necessarily a mechanical issue can just be something small that FCA is overwhelmed with and just holds you up.
Well I just received a status update. FCA found an issue with my Jeep build and “cloned” a new Jeep. So I guess I will have a super late 2018 build since the 2019’s are right around the corner. Looks like the wait starts all over again.

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door 6-Speed
After around 30 days of "I" status, my vehicle has been assigned a new VIN and now I am back at status "D."

Well I just received a status update. FCA found an issue with my Jeep build and “cloned” a new Jeep. So I guess I will have a super late 2018 build since the 2019’s are right around the corner. Looks like the wait starts all over again.
Same here.

A little over 30 days in "I" status and I now have a new VIN and am currently sitting back at D status.

Sponsored

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After around 30 days of "I" status, my vehicle has been assigned a new VIN and now I am back at status "D."

Same here.

A little over 30 days in "I" status and I now have a new VIN and am currently sitting back at D status.
How's the status of your cloned order going? My cloned unit is currently sitting in Inspection status again.

Here's a little curve ball though... My original order arrived at the dealer last week. Did you happen to track your original VIN to see if it ever was released from inspection?

Claptovaughn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door 6-Speed
How's the status of your cloned order going? My cloned unit is currently sitting in Inspection status again.

Here's a little curve ball though... My original order arrived at the dealer last week. Did you happen to track your original VIN to see if it ever was released from inspection?
The cloned order just reached paint according to customer service. So at least that's making progress.

The origiinal Vin is still in inspection when checked today out of curiosity.

Rubitex18

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How did this one not show up when I searched for "Inspection Status" posts. Ended up making one of my own. Even used the term Purgatory also. Haha. Mine has been in inspection for about 6 weeks now. I have spoken with both my dealer and Jeep Chat. They forwarded my case and I got a replay of " production is still in launch phase and timing will vary depending on build specifics." and that they "sent a note to the plant asking that my order be prioritized."

That was a week ago. Spoke with them again tonight and it is still sitting in inspection. No word yet on whether they will clone it or not. Starting to get frustrated.
Sponsored