Sponsored

Remote Proximity Keyless Entry Functionality

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
That's so true. Its not petty. I'm carrying kids all so and its so aggravating to have to dig for that fob. Hope someone comes up with a solution and make it available to add it.
@Labchic

No, no way, will you be seeing an OEM or aftermarket solution. Suggest you get a fob holster and hook it on your belt.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I find this to work perfectly every time. To lock just touch the button. Don’t hold the handle or touch the handle. To open walk up and grab the door handle. First try every time. Not sure what all the complaints are about.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I find this to work perfectly every time. To lock just touch the button. Don’t hold the handle or touch the handle. To open walk up and grab the door handle. First try every time. Not sure what all the complaints are about.
Yes, I see the same scenario.

Hint:
I do get close to the vehicle before I grab it. I do not say reach for it as I have found that a long reach,... the distance.... can occasionally/rarely, cause the proximity to stumble lets say and necessitates a double grab.

I also had one fob with a weak battery and that fob had issues with proximity until I changed that fob's battery.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Yes, I see the same scenario.

Hint:
I do get close to the vehicle before I grab it. I do not say reach for it as I have found that a long reach,... the distance.... can occasionally/rarely, cause the proximity to stumble lets say and necessitates a double grab.

I also had one fob with a weak battery and that fob had issues with proximity until I changed that fob's battery.
To pile on this actually works better than my wife's 2017 Jeep GC. I have to push the lock button usually 2-3 times to get it to lock. Maybe because the handles are painted rather than raw, who knows.

I have not found a long reach yet to be a problem. Some say I have gorilla arms so they are long as well :)

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Medical Laboratory technician
@Labchic

No, no way, will you be seeing an OEM or aftermarket solution. Suggest you get a fob holster and hook it on your belt.
Excuse my mouth but who the h*ll want to walk around with that on your side you must be a man to give me that type of solution . Thanks if enough people complain they WILL find a way around it thanks I'll just wait!!!!!!

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Excuse my mouth but who the h*ll want to walk around with that on your side you must be a man to give me that type of solution . Thanks if enough people complain they WILL find a way around it thanks I'll just wait!!!!!!
Good luck. And I mean it. I believe People complaining about a feature that was offered and not purchased for whatever reason is not going to get the OEM to invest in a walk around. And I doubt there are enoug people that made the mistake not to purchase the option while they wanted it, that an after market solution would be funded.

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
From a woman, the fob holster looks pretty cool that another poster created and produces. It would be my answer if I didn’t have the proximity. And I have gotten into the habit of not carrying a purse so I am still considering it. The holser can be clipped to your purse strap and kept inside on the correct side of the zipper closure. Or it can be clipped to a part of your purse inside if you have a zipper in your purse. That will at least eliminate the scrounging through the purse for the keys.

Unfortunately, keyless entry has been the term used for the key fobs since they were invented long before proximity entry. I think those with proximity on their previous cars just attached what they knew to the term. I would think dealers would make sure their clients understand the difference because they seem to be losing out on sales. And they have unhappy customers.

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Good luck. And I mean it. I believe People complaining about a feature that was offered and not purchased for whatever reason is not going to get the OEM to invest in a walk around. And I doubt there are enoug people that made the mistake not to purchase the option while they wanted it, that an after market solution would be funded.
I paid for it and when I got my jeep it was not there so either wait for a new one or take it thanks. See all people just didn't opt out of paying for it! I have a Lexus GS 350 f sport with that option that I didnt have to pay for so paying for that option would not have been a problem for my jeep. Thanks

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
From a woman, the fob holster looks pretty cool that another poster created and produces. It would be my answer if I didn’t have the proximity. And I have gotten into the habit of not carrying a purse so I am still considering it. The holser can be clipped to your purse strap and kept inside on the correct side of the zipper closure. Or it can be clipped to a part of your purse inside if you have a zipper in your purse. That will at least eliminate the scrounging through the purse for the keys.

Unfortunately, keyless entry has been the term used for the key fobs since they were invented long before proximity entry. I think those with proximity on their previous cars just attached what they knew to the term. I would think dealers would make sure their clients understand the difference because they seem to be losing out on sales. And they have unhappy customers.
I know. And my jeep was supposed to have it my husband paid extra for it. But thanks I will look into it the clip on . Thanks again

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I paid for it and when I got my jeep it was not there so either wait for a new one or take it thanks. See all people just didn't opt out of paying for it! I have a Lexus GS 350 f sport with that option that I didnt have to pay for so paying for that option would not have been a problem for my jeep. Thanks
This thread is about its functionality, not whether or not you bought it and didn't get it. That's another thread..... One that's been beaten to death.

Sponsored

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
This thread is about its functionality, not whether or not you bought it and didn't get it. That's another thread..... One that's been beaten to death.
Well if it has you did have to reply thanks

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
TLDR...

Ever 25th to 30th attempt to open with key fob in pocket may stumble (double grab) the rest of the time it works flawlessly. I am only 5'9" but my arms disproportionally longer than they should :blush:... the only complaint I have is the once in a blue moon stoppage of the remote stop when opening the tailgate; can't seem to replicate what causes it :(

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not arguing with you. I hope it doesn’t come that way.
If you paid for it you should get it. Whoever took the money has to make it right. In that case doesn’t matter whether other people complain or not. One case is enough.
Lexus marketing can’t be compared to Jeep. Completely different market segments. What’s standard in a Lexus IS an option on a Jeep.
I opted for the option and I got it.
What do you mean by “see all people just didn’t opt out of paying for it”? The way I see it that is a fact, some people didn’t opt out and therefore they got it. Although in a Jeep it would be more precise to say people opted for it than didn’t opt out.

Labchic

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
If you paid for it you should get it. Whoever took the money has to make it right. In that case doesn’t matter whether other people complain or not. One case is enough.
Lexus marketing can’t be compared to Jeep. Completely different market segments. What’s standard in a Lexus IS an option on a Jeep.
What do you mean by “see all people just didn’t opt out of paying for it”? The way I see it that is a fact, some people didn’t opt out and therefore they got it. Although in a Jeep it would be more precise to say people opted for it than didn’t opt out.
Thanks.
Thanks. I'm just so aggravated about it. So I don't mean to be cranky.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.

Thanks. I'm just so aggravated about it. So I don't mean to be cranky.
I feel your pain. On the bright side, you can carry a purse. If I had to pull that big fob out of my pocket every time.... :angry:
Sponsored