2 DOOR JL build/order discussions master thread

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
At this point in time ill pay the price of another Wrangler to get mine, let alone a couple hundred bucks. Is it right, probably not, but is a couple hundred bucks going to break the bank, also probably not.
No it wont break the bank , but a couple hundred bucks is a nice night out with the wife, or some new accessories for you jeep!
Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
No it wont break the bank , but a couple hundred bucks is a nice night out with the wife, or some new accessories for you jeep!
And it's 400. And his example of trucks backed up is very anecdotal. A month ago he had a customer wait a week. But he also said it might be same day.

I'm not paying 400 for a week. I'll pressure the dealer to pressure abq to load up quickly.

3uPh0riK

First Name
Christiaan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Ranger Wildtrak
Yeah for sure, I think from my side I would do practically anything just to have this over with at this point in time

I have now been without a car since last year September. Im not sure if I can even drive anymore :cwl:

Sweetwater

First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2018 Compass Trailhawk
And it's 400. And his example of trucks backed up is very anecdotal. A month ago he had a customer wait a week. But he also said it might be same day.

I'm not paying 400 for a week. I'll pressure the dealer to pressure abq to load up quickly.
When mine sat in KZ for 26 days dealer offered to go get it for me. Dealer is
60 miles from factory. He found out you can no longer go to factory to pick
up an order as we did in the 60's. Maybe your dealer may not even be allowed
to pick it up. And $400.00 is WAY OUT of line. Car shipping is not that much.
Sounds like he will get a little $$$ too.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
It was coincidence, not the complaining. Happy for you non the less!
hey Fred i am hoping i remember right, wasn't it you who had daughter break passenger seat handle? my ol lady broke it today, what was your fix again please or even the comment number so i can fix it.

Sponsored

keda69

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 rubicon
Yeah for sure, I think from my side I would do practically anything just to have this over with at this point in time

I have now been without a car since last year September. Im not sure if I can even drive anymore :cwl:
seattle must have great public transportation

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I actually got an email from "Jeff" that contained real words that were not of the cut and paste variety. He is telling me the week of June 25 too. But I refuse to get excited just yet. I know he has broken a lot of hearts before! It's actually incredibly sad that the crumbs of information they dole out to us aren't really believable. Other manufacturers I have dealt with have not been like this at all...
I would take the advice alltimesaresoon gave me and get the updated POC from your dealer. Should have a ship date on it which is the build date. I did that today and it says the 26th.

So while I was bummed at first as I was told before week of 18th, 26th for a build day works for me! Then I move on to the shipping part of the show, which can take from 3 days to a year :p

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
There are handles on top of the front seats (next to the headrests) that rear passengers use to flip 'n roll the seats forward for entry/exit.

Anyway, my daughter yanked the passenger side one way too hard, thinking she was meant to pull the seat forward by the handle. It was literally her 1st attempt at using it, and she didn't know that you just need to pull it until the latch lets go, and then after that push on the back of the seat to flip 'n roll. The handle pulls a release cable, and there is a spring mechanism that returns the handle to the closed/flush position. That spring mechansim popped out of the plastic channel holding it in place so that the handle was floppy and not wanting to lay flat (it still worked for releasing the seat).

I eventually got it back how it's supposed to be, but it was a bitch. No room and the spring is sharp.

So, watch your passengers and help them if they don't understand how to climb in. 2-door vehicles are so rare nowadays, I wouldn't expect without some gray hair to know what to do. (I also tried climbing in the back via the driver's side just to see what it's like. Ha! Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that it's my Jeep and I'll never have to do that, again!)
just happened to me too, my chick, just as im telling her dont break that she breaks it lol i thought it was fred posted this but glad i found it, how did your fix hold up? and if you have any more tips id appreciate it. thx in advance.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
just happened to me too, my chick, just as im telling her dont break that she breaks it lol i thought it was fred posted this but glad i found it, how did your fix hold up? and if you have any more tips id appreciate it. thx in advance.
I'd take it in and get it fixed for real....warranty will cover it.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Argh. The spring keeps popping out of the channel. It's ever so slightly bent, which may or may not be the cause. I say may or may not because the whole spring has some side-to-side play that is contributing.

I have zero faith that a dealership tech would do anything else but pop the thing back in the channel, pull the handle a couple of times, and call it a day. That's what I did the first two times...

So, I decided to close-off the channel to prevent the spring from escaping. I put a tiny dab of Marine-Tex over the channel to, hopefully, prevent the thing from popping back out. If it breaks through, I think I'll give up and live with a floppy handle. Frustrating, but I'm being careful to only vent to you guys because my daughter felt awful when she did it (literally 2 minutes after I arrived home from the dealership).

IMG_0146.jpg
found it! yes, same issue. ill try your fix.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
my lady says, oh ill take it in tomorrow. no ill fix it dear, i really, really dont like others touching my trucks. maybe i am just weird.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
found it! yes, same issue. ill try your fix.
Only had to use the handle once since my “fix,” but it looks strong. I’ve used Marine-Tex with tremendous results in the past. Fingers crossed.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Heh. My guess is “for real” means they pop the spring back in with their finger. It’s a design flaw, IMHO.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Only had to use the handle once since my “fix,” but it looks strong. I’ve used Marine-Tex with tremendous results in the past. Fingers crossed.
like its meant to save the spring from over zealous passengers, but once it slips it knows the way, kinda like my back! lol
Sponsored