What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Donpa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 slt Sport
It’s an inflatable. Inflated on the spot however there’s a local board shop that rents them out already inflated, give you foam pads and tie downs if you need them.
Nice! I didn't even noticed it was inflatable. Thanks for the info

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
Put up my Jtop sunscreen, fits perfectly and customer service is amazing

IMG_4903[1].JPG

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR

stolleee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited, 1970 Toyota FJ40, 2017 MB GLC300, 2017 Impreza Subaru

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
You might want to post a new thread on https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/extreme-terrain.77/ with a headline like "Beware when buying from Extreme Terrain" or something similar. Then repost your experience there as well. That should hopefully rattle them into real customer service mode to make you whole on your expenses. If not, it will at least warn others. Update: Just saw it show up... I should of waited a few minutes lol.
I created one. Here’s the thread.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...hard-top-hoist-buyer-beware.9491/#post-221455

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Thank you very much for the folluw up with great pics as well. I wonder if JTopsUSA will care to comment on their thought behind not making those rear panel latches easily accessible????
Put up my Jtop sunscreen, fits perfectly and customer service is amazing

IMG_4903[1].JPG
Looks great!

I've got a Red JL as well and ordered the same top on 5/25. How long did it take for you to receive it from JTOPS?

Mr. Beef Chief

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Buyer beware. I purchased a SmittyBilt electric hoist from Extreme Terrain for my 2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara to remove my hardtop. I’m unable to use this model because it’s not compatible with my 2018JL. According to their website below it’s compatible for all Wranglers from ‘87-18’ YJ, TJ, JK, & JL. I contacted customer service and they confirmed that it is not compatible with my 2018JL and issued me a RMA to return the hoist. After paying to have it installed and including an electrician to run power to the hoist and now to have to pay someone to uninstall it so I can ship it back is ludicrous. I’m out of a lot of money because of their mistake. I purchased based on what I read before buying. Attached is a screen shot of their listing on their website.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-hardtop-hoist-8717all-manu-install.html

8673D246-0A44-4EC8-BDC1-BE79FEC19B40.png
Check out the email I just sent them, I'm following up with a call once I get off work. You can read all the BS I've been dealing with as well.

Good morning support,

I am writing this email in the hopes that someone over at Extreme Terrain will make things right after completely ruining my order and experience with Extreme Terrain.

First of all I'd like to explain my issue in its entirety. I created an order for a bumper, a winch and rock rails on 5/16. The main reason I purchased from ET and not your competitors was due to your "fast 2-3 day shipping and great customer service."

My bumper came in Friday afternoon 5/18. I was more than excited to install and get things rolling for the trail that weekend. After spending hours of time removing my current bumper just to realize that the bumper you sent me had no hardware. My entire Friday night was a waste. I got home from work at 8 pm and worked on this bumper until 10:30 at night, I'm sure you can imagine how displeased I was. On top of that I wasn't able to go on the trail the following day because I didn't have the time to put my bumper back on.

After contacting customer service they apologized and told me they would over night my hardware. To "make things right" they discounted me $30 on my order that was over $1000 dollars, wow how generous.. Now TWO WEEKS LATER my hardware still hasn't shipped.

Not only has my hardware not shipped, my rock rails have not and will not ship until supposedly June 4th. Why is this? I don't know, your team has told me it's because you thought it was in stock but it wasn't so you have to order it from N-FAB.. Yet still on your website the rails say available and ready for 3-5 day delivery. Looks as if I'm not the only one who will be dealing with this issue due to incompetence on your end.

By the time everything comes in it will have almost been ONE MONTH, not 2-3 or 3-5 days as expected. I spent way too much time and money for this. Other than the $30 your team has done NOTHING to make things right.

I thought I was purchasing from a company that had great customer service but at the end of the day just because your team responds in a quick manner means nothing if you can't make things right.

I have spent over $1000 on this order, wasted hours of time and dealt with more frustration than I'd ever like.

It used to just be common sense and practice for a business to make things right when they screwed up. If things are not made right by some sort of compensation I will wait for my hardware and rails but I will never order from Extreme Terrain again. I will also share my experience with the online community and my Jeep community down here in South Florida.

Please share this email with management.

Thank you,

Cornfed

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport (totaled). 2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician Ibew
B491A51D-3170-4257-884D-334EF9666A57.jpeg 57C15BC5-11C6-4D7F-AD4C-F6732E99BBBE.jpeg
Had American outlaw 17x8.5 10 mm offset wheels and 315/70 bfg ko2 installed went with e rated since it’s apparently only 1lb heavier and more readily available. Had pretty significant rub on the little fender trim pieces but absolutely zero rub after removing them. Rc 2.5 lift will be here tomorrow but not sure when I’ll will install since as of now it doesn’t really seem totally necessary.

RedJlu

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 firecracker red Sahara (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubicon (ordered)