Sponsored

Rough country 2.5 lift pics / reviews

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Looking great, everyone.

I like the leveling effect of this kit, too. I’d like to maintain the factory ride - so this is a good option for me... and the price is right.

That said, from photos in this thread, there seems to be a noticeable difference between Saharas and Sports on this lift. I see significantly more fender gap in the Saharas posted compared to Sports (with comparable 35s). I believe Saharas sit 0.75” higher than Sports from the factory, so perhaps that’s the difference.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is that real?

Unfortunately for me, I like the aesthetics of the Sports on this lift with 35s... my order is for a Sahara, which I think had a big too much fender gap.
Anyone else see a visual difference in lift heights between Sahara and Sport from the photos in here? Is that from the different trims, or am I imagining it?
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else see a visual difference in lift heights between Sahara and Sport from the photos in here? Is that from the different trims, or am I imagining it?
I can't comment on the Sport vs Sahara, but the Sport vs Rubicon there seemed to be a drastic difference in height(Wife's sports has 35's, my Rubi has 37's)

front left.jpg
DSC_0922.JPG

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Does the RC kit offset the front or rear enough too need adjustable track bars?

jeepfandotcom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepfan.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Grey JLUR 4xe, 2004 TJ, 1978 CJ-5
Does the RC kit offset the front or rear enough too need adjustable track bars?
There is a bit of offset but I didn’t think you really ~need~ to adjust it. I’ll probably put ones on in the future to get it perfect.

0F068BCE-126C-44C9-86C0-497ACEE92B38.jpeg

Sponsored

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Looks great! What pressure are you running in those 37's?
I had the opposite experience when going from stock to the 2.5" lift and the E-Rated coopers. I felt the factory Rubicon tires wanted to wander all over the place(Especially when I drove away from the dealer at 42psi.) Once I dropped it top 37psi like the door jam suggests it seemed to wander less.
When I added the RC 2.5" Lift and the Coopers I actually felt it wandered a lot less than the factory setup. A lot of that probably has to do with the E-Rated Coopers I am running(At 27psi.) Which still ride rough at that PSI, but the lift itself didn't change the ride quality
I’m running it at 42... Yes, I know, but the steering is still flighty.... I think the adjustable control arms should correct that.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I’m running it at 42... Yes, I know, but the steering is still flighty.... I think the adjustable control arms should correct that.
Before you invest in control arms do me a favor and try 32psi or less... I have had 37s on all of my JKs(4 of them), and now on my JL... At 42psi there is no way you are getting a flat contact patch with those tires.
It's free to try, if it doesn't improve the driveability I'm sorry for the suggestion and the waiste of time...:beer:
Just trying to help out. My wife now runs that kit with D rated 35s @ 32psi and if she was having similar issues trust me I would know about it.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Before you invest in control arms do me a favor and try 32psi or less... I have had 37s on all of my JKs(4 of them), and now on my JL... At 42psi there is no way you are getting a flat contact patch with those tires.
It's free to try, if it doesn't improve the driveability I'm sorry for the suggestion and the waiste of time...:beer:
Just trying to help out. My wife now runs that kit with D rated 35s @ 32psi and if she was having similar issues trust me I would know about it.
I appreciate that and I will try it. But, I already purchased the RK kit. I want to do things right.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I appreciate that and I will try it. But, I already purchased the RK kit. I want to do things right.
One note, it is worth trying the lower PSI no matter what.

You mention doing things right - the PSI you have right now is almost for sure not giving an even contact patch with the tires you have - it can impact not only ride quality but also traction and cause uneven tread wear.

To do things right, you could do a free and easy “chalk test” at home to identify the ideal PSI for your tires. It will probably be in the low 30s or high 20s.

Last edited:

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, my General Grabber range D 37's still chalk test a bit high centered at 24 PSI

Sponsored

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Just ordered a kit for the wife’s Sahara can’t wait to throw my wheels (20x10 -11 offset Fuel Mavericks with 35x12.50x20) on it already! Hopefully will be done by next weekend.

How much are you guys paying to get this kit installed? I am also going to add a RC front steering stabilizer should I add anything else? It’s a certified mall crawler no plans to play in the mud with this one.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered a kit for the wife’s Sahara can’t wait to throw my wheels (20x10 -11 offset Fuel Mavericks with 35x12.50x20) on it already! Hopefully will be done by next weekend.

How much are you guys paying to get this kit installed? I am also going to add a RC front steering stabilizer should I add anything else? It’s a certified mall crawler no plans to play in the mud with this one.
I would say $300-400 max if they do it right. Having installed a few of these I would feel guilty charging more than $300 to install this kit for a customer.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Really torn between the RC and Evo stage 1 kit. I won’t be doing any rock climbing on my Sahara so I’m wondering if I should save the money and go RC, but I want to make sure the components for either are legit.

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Really torn between the RC and Evo stage 1 kit. I won’t be doing any rock climbing on my Sahara so I’m wondering if I should save the money and go RC, but I want to make sure the components for either are legit.
Evo.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I would save the money and go RC if you are not doing any rock crawling. It doesn't make sense to spend 2x+ as much for essentially the same thing. The EVO may have beefier brackets etc, but if you won't be bashing then against rocks it won't make much of a difference.
Don't get me wrong I love EVO products, but when it comes to spacer lifts that come with essentially the same parts I would save the $

Can you explain why? Like I mentioned above I am a big fan of EVO products, but for things like coilovers/long arms etc... For just a "budget boost" I don't see the sense of spending the extra money.
Sponsored