Sponsored

Frame Mounted Rails

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I promise I have looked, but I cannot find any threads related to options for FRAME mounted rock sliders (rails, whatever).

I have reached out to ACE Engineering about theirs (because they do not specify on the website and the pictures do not say). But I am looking for frame mounted rails, not body mounted like the stock rails.

Anyone find any yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ace Sliders mount using the body bolts. With Ace Sliders you can also keep your Rubicon rock rails (rubi rails)
Read here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...install-hints-from-fellow-jl-jlu-owners.4153/
Thats the thing, I want frame mounted not body mounted :(.

Looks like the LOD Sliders are frame mounted https://lodoffroad.com/products/jee...-jl-signature-series-4-door-rock-sliders.html

I wonder about other options. Frame mounted are going to be considerably better at taking a beating without damaging the Jeep.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Yeah I am in the same spot. I want frame mounted also, I will wait to see what comes out after summer

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
They mount to the body bolts not to the frame rails as far as I can see
The Ace Slider's mount to the frame rails using just the body mount bolts. I have seen another offering (LOD offering) that bolts into both the side of the frame rail and the pinch seam. You cannot keep rubi rails with the LOD's.

Were it me, I'd want the install just as the Ace Slider's install..... using the body mount bolts.

I would not want pinch seam involved! For one, I do not want to sacrifice/lose my rubi rails and I would sacrifice them say if I were to go with the LOD offering.

Last edited:

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I am looking for a set of slider that bolt to the frame and not the rubber isolated body mount. Poison spyder rocker knockers bolt to the frame in three spots plus

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

Here is a vid of an install

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I am looking for a set of slider that bolt to the frame and not the rubber isolated body mount. Poison spyder rocker knockers bolt to the frame in three spots plus
You guys were not clear in what you wanted. Now I see what you want.

I still wondering what the concern is about using the body mounts bolts. You guys aren't going to throw anything at an Ace Slider using body mount bolts that the Ace Slider can't handle.

As I mentioned, I would not want to sacrifice the rubi rails.

No way would I want to mount a slider like the LOD is mounted.... with pinch seam involvement. And I'm not just concerned about losing the rubi rails but also with using pinch seam attachment in general.

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
You guys were not clear in what you wanted. Now I see what you.
Lol, dont take it the wrong way but how were we unclear? We both said we wanted frame mounted

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
You guys were not clear in what you wanted. Now I see what you want.

I still wondering what the concern is about using the body mounts bolts. You guys aren't going to throw anything at an Ace Slider using body mount bolts that the Ace Slider can't handle.

As I mentioned, I would not want to sacrifice the rubi rails.

No way would I want to mount a slider like the LOD is mounted.... with pinch seam involvement. And I'm not just concerned about losing the rubi rails but also with using pinch seam attachment in general.
I would agree to not wanting anything to do with the pinch seam, but with that said I want the frame mount for if/when I am crawling up something and slip off and land completely on the slider. I want something that can take the full weight of the Jeep without issue and if land on something that mounts to the body..........

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Lol, dont take it the wrong way but how were we unclear? We both said we wanted frame mounted
Well, Ace Sliders are considered frame mounted. You both were not specific by.... by not saying you wanted frame mounted but did not want to use the body mount bolt route of doing same.

OP
OP
SixteenPaws

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well, Ace Sliders are considered frame mounted. You both were not specific by.... by not saying you wanted frame mounted but did not want to use the body mount bolt route of doing same.
Not being a dick, but read my first post...

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Not being a dick, but read my first post...
Well, you first post was worded poorly in my opinion.. For example what does this mean.... "not body mounted like the stock rails"
Sponsored