2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@ThinSkinz showed up today

Write up in build thread to keep from derailing this thread too far.

Short answer: I like it; simple solution to a big problem.

Teaser pic ⬇
Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here F3E944CD-C43A-4911-9926-DDE2F987B089

Last edited:

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
When did you go into D1?
When did you go into D1?
Believe it or not my Stellantis rep is telling me I went from awaiting parts on Friday to full build over the weekend. He says he had rarely if ever seen a turnaround that fast and it is after he spoke with production manager in Toledo Friday morning to push priority. Could be because my first order on 11/18/20 was an undeliverable lemon and they are trying to avoid me getting to 1 year anniversary without a drivable vehicle. Believe me they don’t want to get to 1 year because the full wrath of my experience and frustration will surely be unleashed across the entire internet. Blessing and a curse that my original 392 that arrived in May was not driven off the dealer lot before check engine light went off. I had a choice to wait on new engine or place a whole new order and get on back of the production line. Lucky for me XR package was added as a required option a few days later. FWIW, dealer that possesses the original 392 is still waiting on backordered replacement engine….

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Silly question: So these XR wheels, do they ship with a standard non beadlock ring and then we need to order the Mopar rings to make it a true beadlock?
Yep, comes with a “beauty ring” and you need to order a “functional ring”.

Edit:
Link to where I got mine. Cheapest price I could find.

Part No.: P5160154​

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Believe it or not my Stellantis rep is telling me I went from awaiting parts on Friday to full build over the weekend. He says he had rarely if ever seen a turnaround that fast and it is after he spoke with production manager in Toledo Friday morning to push priority. Could be because my first order on 11/18/20 was an undeliverable lemon and they are trying to avoid me getting to 1 year anniversary without a drivable vehicle. Believe me they don’t want to get to 1 year because the full wrath of my experience and frustration will surely be unleashed across the entire internet. Blessing and a curse that my original 392 that arrived in May was not driven off the dealer lot before check engine light went off. I had a choice to wait on new engine or place a whole new order and get on back of the production line. Lucky for me XR package was added as a required option a few days later. FWIW, dealer that possesses the original 392 is still waiting on backordered replacement engine….
Mine went from D, not even scheduled, to built and on the lot in less than a week 😆

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I've been in "gathering parts" level for 63 days on my 392 XR.

I spoke to JC last Monday and was told they were escalating the request and would get back to me. I got with JC again today and they said they would escalate it and they would put an associate on it and they will call or email me within 24/48 hours and let me know what the status is, because the one I had last week was closed for some reason.

That's a new one!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've been in "gathering parts" level for 63 days.

I spoke to JC last Monday and was told they were escalating the request and would get back to me. I got with JC again today and they said they would escalate it and they would put an associate on it and they will call or email me within 24/48 hours and let me know what the status is, because the one I had last week was closed for some reason.

That's a new one!
Curious did JC ask for your dealers name and sales rep when they supposedly escalated, they ask for mines today.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Curious did JC ask for your dealers name and sales rep when they supposedly escalated, they ask for mines today.
No they didn't, yeah thats strange hmmm

YellowNJTJ02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Yellow TJ, 15 F-150, 21JLUR(on order)
I'm really struggling on what to do here with the BFG All Terrains that came on the XR. I really like BFG Mud Terrains (had these on my past few Jeeps) so I'm definitely going to swap these out and sell the All Terrains but I am really torn on if I should go with the 35's or 37's.

From the looks of the pics the other members have sent the stance on the XR looks very nice and not over the top but still larger than the original stock with a little more aggressive look.

I really like the 2" lift and 37's and that was my original plan but after seeing these I do not know if I need to do that right now. I am leaning on the 35's (Mud Terrain.

Any input would be welcomed.
Went over the hill and through the woods, and only along the river, but couldn't pass up the biggest parking boundary to see what kind of flex this has. As lame as these pics are, I wasn't out looking for anything, but we had to stop and put the top up. kids were getting cold. I think 37s with these bump stops all day. I'll now have to search for bigger rocks so I can lift a tire.

One thing I will say, after driving it 20+ hours, then letting my wife get in, I got used to the loose steering, because right away she said something. Something in the geometry or stabilizer seems off. Any of the others with their XRs feel the same?
Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_5780
Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_5776
Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_5773
Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_5768
Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here IMG_5765

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Went over the hill and through the woods, and only along the river, but couldn't pass up the biggest parking boundary to see what kind of flex this has. As lame as these pics are, I wasn't out looking for anything, but we had to stop and put the top up. kids were getting cold. I think 37s with these bump stops all day. I'll now have to search for bigger rocks so I can lift a tire.

One thing I will say, after driving it 20+ hours, then letting my wife get in, I got used to the loose steering, because right away she said something. Something in the geometry or stabilizer seems off. Any of the others with their XRs feel the same?
First flexi shots! Very nice!
Did you get pics of the bump stops while you were up there?

Check your tire pressure if it’s wandering. Mine was delivered with 45 psi and was all over the road, I’ve since dropped it to 33psi and it’s much better
Sponsored