Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I recently installed a 3.5 inch lift and installed a Tazer JL mini to correct for the tire size increase and I'm having something strange now occurring. When I come to a stop and my autostart/stop shuts off the engine I get both the ABS and the Parking Brake lights flashing at me. As soon as I let off the brake and start rolling forward they go out and everything seems normal. Has anyone else seen this or have any idea what might be going on? Any insight would be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I feel slightly embarrassed, and I figured it out. It was the hold feature on the Tazer. As soon as I turned that off, it stopped.

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Acura RDX Technology Package, 2008 Scion xB Release Series
I feel slightly embarrassed, and I figured it out. It was the hold feature on the Tazer. As soon as I turned that off, it stopped.
I noticed that I started experiencing the same problem after upgrading my tazer jl lite software to the full version in order to activate my mopar auxiliary switches.

Which function is the “hold” function in the tazer?

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Acura RDX Technology Package, 2008 Scion xB Release Series
Nevermind! I figured it out, and I too feel slightly embarrassed. I bought my Tazer JL Lite more than a year ago when I moved up to 35s; needed to change my tire size and PSI readings. After changing those settings, I pretty much forgot my Tazer JL existed as I never used any of its live features.

Since then, I had no idea Tazer JL added the brake hold feature in their 5/11/2021 firmware update. Ironic...I was really stressing out, thinking I somehow screwed up the the wiring, electronics or some sensors while installing the auxiliary switches. It turns out all that stress was just an added convenience feature from the Tazer...

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nevermind! I figured it out, and I too feel slightly embarrassed. I bought my Tazer JL Lite more than a year ago when I moved up to 35s; needed to change my tire size and PSI readings. After changing those settings, I pretty much forgot my Tazer JL existed as I never used any of its live features.

Since then, I had no idea Tazer JL added the brake hold feature in their 5/11/2021 firmware update. Ironic...I was really stressing out, thinking I somehow screwed up the the wiring, electronics or some sensors while installing the auxiliary switches. It turns out all that stress was just an added convenience feature from the Tazer...
Yeah, I made the mistake of not reading through all of the features beforehand. After I made my post I went back and started reading, then I had that facepalm moment, lol.

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Just to confirm - Does the Tazer brake hold function cause the ABS and Park light on the dash to come on?

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm - Does the Tazer brake hold function cause the ABS and Park light on the dash to come on?
Yes, for me that is what happens. Once you hold the brake for two seconds the hold function engages and when it does, the lights flash. As soon as you hit the gas the brakes let go and the lights go out.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, for me that is what happens. Once you hold the brake for two seconds the hold function engages and when it does, the lights flash. As soon as you hit the gas the brakes let go and the lights go out.
Mine does something similar. Only difference is the ABS and Park lights do not flash but remains on. When I release the brake and pull away both lights go off again.

I have a RHD 2-Door JL Rubicon 8-speed auto with the non etorque 3.6 Pentastar engine.

Tazer JL Mini with 11.2.8 firmware version.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does something similar. Only difference is the ABS and Park lights do not flash but remains on. When I release the brake and pull away both lights go off again.

I have a RHD 2-Door JL Rubicon 8-speed auto with the non etorque 3.6 Pentastar engine.

Tazer JL Mini with 11.2.8 firmware version.
Yes, when I said flash, I just meant they lit up. They do stay on until I hit the gas and then they go out just as you describe. Sorry if there was any confusion in my terminology. As soon as I went into the live functions and turned the brake hold function off on the Tazer, this no longer happens. I'm guessing that is just a visual indication that the Tazer function is working, or the stock computer just doesn't understand what's going on so it displays those lights thinking the ABS and parking brake are malfunctioning when they are not.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, when I said flash, I just meant they lit up. They do stay on until I hit the gas and then they go out just as you describe. Sorry if there was any confusion in my terminology. As soon as I went into the live functions and turned the brake hold function off on the Tazer, this no longer happens. I'm guessing that is just a visual indication that the Tazer function is working, or the stock computer just doesn't understand what's going on so it displays those lights thinking the ABS and parking brake are malfunctioning when they are not.
No problem 😁

Yea, I suppose we own expensive vehicles and any anomaly gets us in a bit of a stressful panic mode 🤪

I must mention that owning a Tazer taught me to read the instructions, know the features & functions and trust the device.

I just turned the brake hold function off for my Jeep, it is an auto so I think I do not need it to be on.

Sponsored

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No problem 😁

Yea, I suppose we own expensive vehicles and any anomaly gets us in a bit of a stressful panic mode 🤪

I must mention that owning a Tazer taught me to read the instructions, know the features & functions and trust the device.

I just turned the brake hold function off for my Jeep, it is an auto so I think I do not need it to be on.
The brake hold feature is relatively new it seems as it looks like it was part of the May 2021 firmware update. Really cool and convenient feature by the way. My problem was that I never bothered to go back and update my Tazer after owning it for over a year. I guess i should make it a point to check in every couple of months to see what’s new. Who knows, maybe a 360 turn option in future updates?:LOL:

First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I just updated my Tazer mini on Friday. I am also getting the brake and abs light. My brake pedal went to the floor when it happened. I guess I will try disabling the brake lock before going back to the older version of Tazer. I hope it works.

Wookrystal

First Name
Krystal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Just got my Tazer a few days ago and noticed this same issue, read all of y’all’s comments and went to try to figure it out but maybe I’m missing something because I don’t see “Hold feature” or an ABS function feature. Someone please let me know what I’m missing lol appreciate the help in advance!

jasonlauren

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my Tazer a few days ago and noticed this same issue, read all of y’all’s comments and went to try to figure it out but maybe I’m missing something because I don’t see “Hold feature” or an ABS function feature. Someone please let me know what I’m missing lol appreciate the help in advance!
it might have been under the live functions? i don't remember 100%. if you don't see the brake hold function while on the "on" position, try starting up the Jeep and going through the menus there.

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Electric 4-banger turbo
Sorry I missed this, could have helped you. Turn off all the tazer options that have anything to do with brakes. The only option anyone would need is the one that holds the front brakes so you can do a burn out. If you have a tazer than you can force 2wd and can do a burn out without holding front brakes and it cant be good for the brakes.

If you have a tazer and and PC then you can do a serious burnout :)
Sponsored