Status
Not open for further replies.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Wonderful, I was about to email you guys on these. Any thoughts on how the lowered step looks on a two door? And any recommendations or preferred mirrors to add? Looking at getting a pair and having them painted up to look OEM since I don't really fancy sourcing all the little parts to assemble true OE ones, or trading in mine to get dual door.

hipfan39

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK 2 door willys, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Welder
Vehicle Showcase
Good job guys

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
how about some pix of the interior side of the half doors!

i see the one pic of the interior side. But maybe something that shows a view of the door from different angles.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
how about some pix of the interior side of the half doors!

i see the one pic of the interior side. But maybe something that shows a view of the door from different angles.

Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Half Doors update, now accept Bestop upper windows! 2021-04-12 09.30.56

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
How well do these soft uppers work with hard tops?
I want half doors but don’t want to be stuck in the rain with no upper doors.
Thanks!! 👍

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
Wonderful, I was about to email you guys on these. Any thoughts on how the lowered step looks on a two door? And any recommendations or preferred mirrors to add? Looking at getting a pair and having them painted up to look OEM since I don't really fancy sourcing all the little parts to assemble true OE ones, or trading in mine to get dual door.
Which step is that?

We are running the Lange mirrors (https://www.quadratec.com/p/lange-originals/coyote-mirror-pair-jeep-wrangler-jl) on our shop rig. Mounted as designed on the cowl, they work well with the uppers off, but you really need to not let the door open up into them, or you will have to keep readjusting the mirror. Making a limit strap or something similar (we have used paracord) would help with that. We've also tried to mount them directly to the hinge (similar to the Rugged Ridge Mirrors in the photos shown above) and that solves the door opening issue. That said, mirror visibility with the uppers on from the passenger mirror isn't great in either configuration (cowl or hinge mount.) Mirrors work great with the uppers off and we honestly think the cowl mirrors look the nicest.

These are really designed to be trail doors, having the upper compatibility makes it nice if you get caught in the rain, but without mounting some huge ugly mirrors on the doors that will get smashed offroad, visibility from that passenger mirror will be a concession with the uppers installed.

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
How well do these soft uppers work with hard tops?
I want half doors but don’t want to be stuck in the rain with no upper doors.
Thanks!! 👍
They work well with either top. The uppers are pretty adjustable to fit whatever. As with all soft uppers, some tweaking can make them seal pretty well.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Which step is that?
Fair points as far as the mirrors go, I'll look into the Lange solution. What I meant by step was, when you look at the new pics with the redesign, it looks like the doors have a "step" or a part where they dip below the tub line (forgive my crappy photoshop, best I could do for a straight line):

Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Half Doors update, now accept Bestop upper windows! SmartSelect_20210607-130953_Photo Editor

On the four door configuration, they come back up on the rear doors, but I was curious whether that would end up looking a bit funky on the two door JLs for those of us that have them, as it looks like it's a few inches below it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
Fair points as far as the mirrors go, I'll look into the Lange solution. What I meant by step was, when you look at the new pics with the redesign, it looks like the doors have a "step" or a part where they dip below the tub line (forgive my crappy photoshop, best I could do for a straight line):

Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Half Doors update, now accept Bestop upper windows! SmartSelect_20210607-130953_Photo Editor

On the four door configuration, they come back up on the rear doors, but I was curious whether that would end up looking a bit funky on the two door JLs for those of us that have them, as it looks like it's a few inches below it.
Ah OK. Here is a rough line of where the front doors match up to the tub on the 2dr. Had to match the Bestop uppers, so hands were tied a bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Half Doors update, now accept Bestop upper windows! 182A2797

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Ah OK. Here is a rough line of where the front doors match up to the tub on the 2dr. Had to match the Bestop uppers, so hands were tied a bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL JCR Half Doors update, now accept Bestop upper windows! 182A2797
Nope, I totally get it! I - and others I'm sure - appreciate the redesign to be compatible with the uppers. I'll be ordering a pair ASAP!

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Interesting....... What are the odds of @JcrOffroad drilling a few holes in the doors to accept the Bestop mirror cups & OEM mirrors? These doors are only about $200 more than the Bestop element doors + enclosure panels, but the Bestop doors have the mirror mounting points. I'm guessing the JCR doors will look a bit nicer; but cobbling together some kind of door-off mirrors for everyday driving is a big compromise. I've been running doors off with no mirrors for a while now and I miss them.

korda

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 1970 CJ, 1962 Scout
Got my uppers delivered. Now I wait not so patiently for the doors! :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.